Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    geekvape obelisk 120 FC mod by sourcemore
    PD “Power Delivery” charging is a fast charging protocol that makes use of great functionality and universality, in present and future anticipation on several devices.

The GeekVape Obelisk 120 FC kit has broken all records in the world of vaping and has reached and crossed a new frontier ... With the wall adapter (optional) PD 20V / 3.25A-65W (Max) you will be able to fully charge the double 3,700mAh internal Lipo battery in just 15 minutes, crazy!

Furthermore, thanks to the 5V / 2.4A (Max) OTG reverse charging system, the device is able to function as a common Powerbank to recharge via the smartphone or to charge other vaping products.
    Enjoy the reading.

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 1.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Pack:
    The classic Geekvape package in black / orange color shows on the front; the Geekvape logo and writing, a relief image of the Mod, the name of the device (Obelisk 120 Fc) and the indication on the color of the sample contained inside (Black).

On the back of the package, Geekvape touts the fact that it is the first device in the world that supports this lightning-fast charging system (3700mah x 15min). There are also; the main features in the form of a round icon, the packing list, some warnings, the barcode, the scratch & check and the ubiquitous logos & brands.

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 2.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Packing List:
    • 1 * GeekVape Oblisk 120 FC Mod
    • 1 * USB-C to USB-C Charging Cable
    • 1 * User Manual
    • 2 * Warning Card
    • 1 * Warranty Card

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 3.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Features:
    • Size: 27 * 48.4 * 130.2mm
    • Weight: 170g
    • 0.96 "color TFT display
    • Output power: 5-120W
    • Temperature control 200 ℉ -600 ℉ / 100-315 ℃
    • Power Mode: VW / TC-SS / TCR / VPC / Bypass / OTG
    • Built-in battery: 7.4V, 2 * 1850, 3700mAh, 13.69Wh
    • Charging Port: USB-C
    • PD fast charging: 20V / 3.25A (65W)
    • Normal 5V / 2A charging
    • OTG charging: 5V / 2.4A (max)
    • 5V OTG reverse charging, max 2.4A
    • Working temperature: Range ﹣10 / 60 ℃

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Available colors:
    • Silver, Blue, Gunmetal, Black

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 4.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Battery 3.700mAh:
    For this unit Geekvape claims to have used two 18650 Lipo cells capable of withstanding up to 1,000,000 puffs at 60W! However, it seems to me a rather reckless statement. Somewhere I read that the Obelisk Mod pack / battery is capable of overcoming 300 charge cycles in its life cycle and this data certainly seems to me to be reliable.

I did some tests with cheek atomizers and the number of puffs that can be obtained is in line with that detected with other mods equipped with an external 21700 battery. While using the device above 30W (compared to other 21700 Mods) the number of puffs that can be obtained is slightly lower. I managed to do 324 puffs at a constant 35W and (for me) it's a good result. Furthermore, with the special charger you will wait only 15 'to reuse the Obelisk Mod again, so it does not matter how many Puffs you manage to do. With this speed, waiting times are practically zero.

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 5.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Fast Charger Charger (Not Included):
    It seems that this charger manages the ultra-fast charging phase in a super protected and safe way without overheating the Mod, keeping the temperature below 48.5 ° c.

Unfortunately the adapter (optional) was not sent to me and I currently do not have another "fast / charge" charger that supports the PD 20V / 3.25A-65W protocol.
    So during my review I could not verify the stratospheric recharge time (15 minutes) obtainable.
    However, it is enough to go to the channels of some youtuber's to see their tests and the confirmed veracity of Geekvape's promises.
    I was amazed seeing the time trial of the famous Italian youtuber "Santone Dello Svapo", 15 minutes and 6 seconds the result!
    Congratulations indeed Geekvape.

Note (in the image below) while fast charging with the PD 20V / 3.25A-65W protocol is used, the different graphics on the display, while with lower charging speeds the charging in the Display is shown in the classic way (with the notches colored).

* In addition to the Obelisk Mod you can buy its "Fast-Charge" wall socket here: GeekVape Fast Charger for Obelisk US/UK/EU/AU Version
    • Type: Wall charger with interchangeable adapter (US / UK / EU / AU versions)
    • Output voltage: 5V, 3A / 9V, 3A / 12V, 3A / 15V, 3A / 20V, 3.25A
    • Input voltage: 100-240V
    • Fast charging protocols: PD2.0, PD3.0, QC2.0, QC3.0, QC4.0
    • Certifications: CCC, UL / CUL, FCC, CB, CE, SAA, RCM

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 6.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Reverse Charging and OTG 5V / 2.4A:
    OTG is the acronym for On-The-Go, which is a technology that allows Android smartphones and tablets to offer OTG support to a whole series of devices that can be connected via USB to the socket normally used for charging the device.

That the new Geekvape Mod was able to work as a common Powerbank I was able to verify!
    In fact, I connected both a Smartphone, some Pods and other small electronic cigarettes to the Obelisk. If you want to circulate with the charging cable (with double Usb-C socket) you can try (if necessary) to recharge the Mod through your smartphone, or recharge other small devices for Vaping through the Mod ... it will be your free choice and perhaps in some cases this additional function could be useful.

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 7.jpg

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 8.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Family Photo:
    In chronological order and after the version with double external battery L200 (Aegis Legend 2) came the small Mod Z50 aesthetically inspired by nothing less than the Doric columns of the Acropolis of Athens. Now it is the turn of the Obelisk (to stay on the subject of Monuments) ... It is curious to note how the classic shape of the Mod does not remember at all that long and narrow pyramid of an Obelisk! The ancient Obelisks were obtained from a single block of stone (a monolith) and it is probably for this type of construction that Geekvape for its Obelisk Mod (unibody construction) wanted to connect with the choice of this name.

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 9.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod tactile feeling:
    I received the Black version of the Obelisk for this test, the glossy finish is very nice but it is a magnet for fingerprints.
    The classic and retro form factor is of sober extraction. The rounded edges, the weight contained in only 170g, the compact dimensions (halfway between a single and a dual battery) are all characteristics that give the Obelisk a good handling.
    The body is mainly built in an "undefined strong metal alloy", the only exception being the screen and the inserts on the side panels of dark plastic.

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Obelisk 120 FC Mod Side View:
    The surfaces of the panels are perfectly flat with the exception of the rounded edges. It is easy to leave beautiful fingerprints on the glossy black inserts. Silver "Geek vape" lettering appears on both sides.
    The USB-C charging socket acts as a large safety "vent" for the internal cell, and also allows you to recharge the Mod in an upright position.

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 11.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod front / back view:
    The fire and adjustment keys "+" and "-" are well clickable, are well proportioned, seem well made, are protruding and do not produce abnormal noises.
    The display is very bright and is adjustable as intensity in the percentage from 1 to 100%. With the maximum brightness selected it is good visualization even in light conditions outside those of the house. On the display it is possible to view all the information useful for vaping, mainly: Current mode, graphic indicator of the charge level, set power, lock / unlock, Coil value, Amper, Volt, Puff counter.

The back on the sides is very rounded and connected and has two vertical grooves in the center and along the entire surface.

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 12.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod top / bottom view:
    The upper plate (also the lower one) appears to be anodized and brushed, is pressed into the "unibody" body and held in place by three gold-colored torx screws.
    The 510 thread has the spring loaded and gold plated internal pin for better conductivity. Unfortunately, the 510 thread remains at the level of the plate and having no protrusion, care must be taken when screwing the atomizers so as not to mark the surface. On the Obelisk 120 we can install atomizers up to 27mm in diameter without any protrusion outside the Mod.

On the bottom of the Obelisk we find the base screwed to the frame with three other torx screws. On the bottom indicated; characteristics of the charging protocol, batch number, device name, place of manufacture and name of the manufacturer.

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 13.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod and different tanks:
    You can alternate different types of atomizers from 22/24 up to 27mm with good aesthetic results and all will be well managed even in MTL since the adjustment steps are 0.5W at a time up to 100W, subsequently by 1W at a time up to 120W.

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 14.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Operation Guide:
    • Power On / Off: Press the Fire button 5 times in quick succession.
    • New atomizer: When a new atomizer is inserted the user is prompted to select new / old atomizer.
    • Power Adjustment: Press the "+" or "-" buttons to adjust the power between 5 and 100W, the increment is 0.5W at a time, from 100 to 120W will be 1W at a time
    • Menu Navigation: Press the Fire button 3 times to enter the setting mode, press the "+/-" buttons together to cycle through Power, TC-SS, TCR, VPC, Bypass and OTG modes, hold the button Fire to confirm your choice.
    • TC-SS OR TCR: In the menu press the "+/-" buttons to adjust the temperature up / down between 200-600 ° F / 100-315 ° C each increment will be 5 ° F / 1 ° C
    • VPC (Variable Power Curve): In the menu press the Fire button to scroll and select P1. Press the "+/-" buttons to adjust the P1 power value. Keep pressing the Fire button to move the cursor to P2 and repeat the same operation to adjust the power value P3, P4, P5.
    • Bypass mode: In the Bypass mode menu, the output voltage is approximately equal to the battery voltage (maximum output power and maximum output current are limited).
    • Reverse OTG Charging: In OTG mode, you can use the mod to charge another electronic device. When charging is completed or the mod battery is low or the charging cable is disconnected, the mod will automatically exit OTG mode and return to the previous working mode.
    • Puff Clear: In the Menu press the Fire button to select the "Puff counter" option, press the "-" button to reset.
    • Lock / Unlock "+" and "-" Buttons: Press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously to lock / unlock
    • Lock / Unlock the fire key: In the locked position of the "+" and "-" keys, press the fire key 3 times to lock it, to unlock the fire key repeat the 3 clicks on the fire key.
    • Stealth Mode: In the standby state, press and hold the Fire, "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds, repeat the operation to exit the
    invisible mode.
    • Background color change: In setting mode, press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously to switch to the next theme (Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, Yellow).
    • Screen Brightness Adjustment: Press the "+" and Fire button simultaneously to display the brightness adjustment icon, hold down the fire button and adjust the brightness with the "+" and "-" buttons.
    • FW display: Press the fire button 5 times to turn off the device, during shutdown press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously for seconds, the version information will be visible for a few seconds.
    • Factory data reset: When the device is off, press and hold the "+" and "-" buttons at the same time, the screen will display the FW version number, then press and hold the Fire "+" and "-" buttons together to reset factory settings, the message "CONFIG RESET.

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Protections:
    • Overheating protection
    • Low temperature protection
    • Triple overvoltage protection
    • Low voltage protection
    • Charge and discharge overcurrent protection
    • Short circuit protection
    • Low Ohm protection
    • Cut-Off: 10s

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 15.jpg

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Final conclusions:
    Hoping to have been as comprehensive as possible, I greet you and conclude by briefly summarizing my impressions during the test.

The Mod with its "classic" line does not allow space for unnecessary decorations, it is compact and transmits structural solidity without affecting the weight which remains an element of strength of the Obelisk. For the weight it is necessary to consider that the two integrated cells are Lipo and are lighter than Li-on, moreover I cannot say with certainty that I am dealing with a material other than zinc alloy. The lightness of this device would make me think of another type of alloy, but honestly I have no data to identify which type of metal was used for the construction of the Obelisk.

In the Obelisk Mod chipset there are several modes in addition to the classic power one. The circuit is reactive and precise in its indications, well interfaced with the colorful and clear display. However Geekvape seems to have mainly focused on pack / battery quality and charging technology which is the real reason why I was impressed seeing some youtuber's documented evidence. So if you have a PD quick charger available, you can save money by simply purchasing the mod or kit. If you do not have a PD protocol charger I recommend that you buy it because if you intend to focus on the Obelisk as your main vaping device you will have many advantages and satisfactions using this accessory.

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Pro:
    • The first Mod in the world with fast charging safely PD protocol 20V / 3.25A-65W (Max)
    • 3700 mAh internal battery, fast charging in 15 minutes
    • Portable power supply function
    • USB-C to USB-C direct charging
    • Lightweight and robust
    • Sober design
    • Bright display
    • Chipset rich in modes and protections

Obelisk 120 FC Mod Cons:
    • The 510 thread does not keep the tank raised from the base, I recommend using a spongebox to avoid scratches.

Thanks for reading.
    You can buy Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod at the Sourcemore store at the price of $ 45.99 (38.66 Euro) by entering the Coupon Code: OFCM

GeekVape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 120W 3700mAh Vape Mod

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC Mod 16.jpg

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread