Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello everyone and welcome back for today's review that comes to me from Geekvape and is on the latest in the OBELISK lineup of devices called the OBELISK 200. I was sent the sample version OBELISK 200 Kit that also includes the OBELISK 25mm 5.5ml Sub-Ohm tank that has a childproof top cap lock design, the retail version will include a spare bubble tank that is not in the sample version. The OBELISK 200 mod tops out at 200 watts and is billed as being the smallest dual 18650 device made, I'll have to take Geekvape at their word because I can't verify that but I will tell you it is the smallest dual 18650 device that I have ever come across. The device is made from a single block of aluminum making it also a very lightweight device as well. Before the review lets check out all the bells and whistles of the OBELISK 200 Kit.

COLOR CHOICES

Geekvape_Obelisk_200_Kit.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT

Standard Edition

• 1 x Mod
    • 1 x Atomizer (5.5ml)
    • 1 x USB Cable
    • 2 x Geekvape Z Series Coil(Pre-installed: 0.2ohm, 70-80W; Z0.4 Mesh Coil 0.4ohm, 50-60W)
    • 1 x Spare Parts Pack
    • 1 x Coil Tool
    • 1 x Spare Glass Tube (5.5ml)
    14_4d7d8b.jpg

PARAMETERS

* Size: 125 x 20 x 42mm

* Tank capacity: 5.5ml

* Drip Tip: Replaceable 810 Drip Tip

* Output Power Range: 5-200W

* Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0ohm

* Coil: Pre-installed Z0.2 Mesh Coil (0.2ohm, 70-80W), Z0.4 Mesh Coil (0.4ohm, 50-60W)

* Longest Output/vaping Time: 10s

* Temperature Control: 200-600°F/100-315℃

* External Battery: 2 x 18650 (Not Included)

* Working Temperature: -10-6o℃

* Charging voltage: USB Type-c 5V/2A

* Display Screen: 0.96 Inch TFT Color Screen

12_20ca86.jpg

FEATURES

* The smallest dual 18650 battery mod

* Portable design with 200W max output

* CNC Machined Aluminum Body Revealing precise quality

* Magnetic Battery Cap for convenience

* Bottom airflow system & 5.5ml large juice capacity

* Z Series Coil creates big clouds so easy

* Obelisk Tank with childproof lock design

OBELISK 200 TANK

obelisk-tank-01.jpg

Z SERIES COILS ( INCLUDED 0.4Ω MESH AND 0.2Ω MESH ) PUSH AND PULL

obelisk-tank-06.gif

CHILDPROOF LOCKING TOP CAP

obelisk-tank-03.gif

ONE WAY VALVE TOP FILL

obelisk-tank-04.jpg

5.5ML TANK CAPACITY

obelisk-tank-07.jpg

BOTTOM DUAL AIRFLOW

obelisk-tank-05.gif

EXPLODED TANK VIEW

GeekvapeObeliskStarterKit-_14.jpg

OBELISK 200 LIGHTWEIGHT DEVICE

Geekvape_OBELISK_200_details_2.JPG

SMALL SIZE DEVICE

Geekvape_OBELISK_200_details_1.JPG

DUAL 18650

Geekvape_OBELISK_200_details_4.JPG

Geekvape_OBELISK_200_details_5.JPG

LIGHT REFRACTING COLOR SIDES

Geekvape_OBELISK_200_details_3.JPG

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Opening of the sample version that I was sent revealed the usual packaging from Geekvape, a box inside a outer sleeve. Inside the box rests the OBELISK 200 device in it's foam cutout enclosure, underneath is a box containing your user manual, type-c charge cord, coil removal assist tool and your 2nd coil that is a Z-COIL 0.4Ω Mesh rated for 50-60 watts, the pre-installed Z-COIL is a 0.2Ω Mesh rated for 70-80 watts.

Along side the box containing the above mentioned items is the OBELISK 200 Sub-Ohm Tank resting in it's own cutout piece of foam block.

Attaching the tank for a quick look of how it matches up with the device and to take some photos I was very happy both matched up and complimented each other very well. Geekvape ships the OBELISK 200 device with 3 clear protective stickers that cover both light refracting sides and the display screen, Try to at least keep the side stickers on as long as you can, I'll explain why later on in the review.

20210808_054052.jpg

The OBELISK 200 Sub-Ohm Tank has a characteristic that puts child safety at the forefront by using a childproof top cap that must be lifted up and then slid outwards to reveal the fill port that is a membrane which acts like a one way valve and seals itself up after the bottle tip is removed, I'm beginning to see this type of fill method more and more from different vape manufactures. You have to lift up the top cap and look for a white dot that is not visible until the top cap is lifted and then push/slide outward at the white dot marking to reveal the fill port. If using large 100 ml bottles you will need to remove the drip tip when filling, you also might have to break the seal of the membrane by inserting a juice bottle tip ( I NEEDED TO ).

20210808_080829.jpg

The Z-COILS are a simple push and pull with 2 tabs that extend out and must be lined up with the 2 small indents of the tank on installation of the coil, remember to prime the coil with a few drops of juice prior to installing and after filling let the tank sit for 5 minutes to ensure the coil is well saturated with juice. The OBELISK 200 Tank is a thirsty one so keep a eye on your juice level and fill just as the cotton in the coil becomes exposed to air.

20210808_081804.jpg

The top plate of the OBELISK 200 device is screwed in using 3 screws and has a attractive brushed look to it. The OBELISK 200 Sub-Ohm Tank is a 25mm and fits the device perfectly, there is a little bump out at the 510 connection on both sides of the device that allow a 26mm atomizer to fit without overhang.

20210808_082740.jpg

Turning our attention to the bottom and the battery door or should I say cover that actually comes off to install both 18650 batteries, this is a first on a Geekvape device I believe. A arrow is located at one end showing you the direction to slide the battery cover off, there are ripples in the center of the cover aiding you. Push down when removing or installing the cover back in place on the device. Don't lose this cover or your SOL.

20210808_082845.jpg

Battery polarity is clearly marked inside both battery tubes as well as on the battery cover. There is also a magnet that helps keep everything in place, I have no rattle period within this whole device, the battery cover seems to be solidly connected and has not came off unintentionally in the many days of use. Another thing to mention is how snug the batteries are inside the tubes ensuring no battery rattle.

20210808_083948.jpg

20210808_083538.jpg

20210808_084242.jpg

Both sides have the Geekvape name stamped on them, on the right side of the device located at the bottom is the type-c charge port. I mentioned early on that the OBELISK 200 ships with 3 clear protective stickers, one on the display screen and 1 on each side of the refracting panels. You can see it in this photo, try to keep these side protective stickers on for as long as you can because the refracting panels are serious fingerprint magnets.

20210808_083326.jpg

Working our way to the colored front display that has the same one as the LEGEND 2 that I reviewed a short time ago. The display is vivid and bright also giving you 5 choices of a background color, your choices are blue, green, yellow, orange, and a color that I can't describe it's kind of a golden color to me. I normally have blue as a background color but changed it to match the color of my juice ( LOVE IT ).

SCREEN LAYOUT TOP TO BOTTOM

* Power Mode
    * Dual Battery Bars
    * Wattage / Temperature
    * Ohms
    * Amps
    * Volts
    * Puff And Time Puffed Counter

20210808_085004.jpg

The menu system in the OBELISK 200 is a very easy one to navigate as I said it's the same one used in the LEGEND 2.

MENU SYSTEM

* Five clicks of the fire button turn the device on/off

* Three clicks of the fire button to enter settings mode

* One click of the fire button in settings mode moves the cursor to select parameters

* Up and down to change parameters

* Long press the fire button to exit settings mode

* Up and down to change wattage or temperature

* Fire and down at the same time to decrease brightness

* Fire and up at the same time to increase brightness

* Three clicks of the fire button then hold both up and down to change color

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I have to say that I have been waiting to review the OBELISK 200 since first hearing of it and I have to say I really love this kit as a whole. The OBELISK 200 Sub-Ohm Tank is a good sub-ohm tank with more than enough airflow for the air lovers and can be dialed down to a good RDL vape with no whistle or goofy sounds heard.

The Z-COILS give a great vape that has plenty of flavor and more than enough vapor, be careful using in a car, keep your windows down. The new child safe top cap is not bad to use but I wish a dot on the outside was possible to know where to lift and slide open but because the top cap spins it's not possible. ( understandable ).

The 810 drip tip is perfect for my taste and fits snug inside. I will say you will get a warmer vape from the 0.2Ω coil and that's my preference of the 2 supplied coils.

I am glad to see the one way filling membrane on the tank even though I have to remove the drip tip when filling with 100ml bottles ( no big problem ). This is a very thirsty one and a bit on the louder side also but within limits.

I also think the tank matches up well with the device, they do look like a matched pair. So in closing on the tank I have no real complaints to address.

Coming to the OBELISK 200 device my only real complaint is that it's a very bad fingerprint magnet that you will be constantly buffing out the prints.

I really like the appearance of the device as a whole and being made from aluminum keeps the weight to a minimum and being as small as it is makes it a take out device.

I'm not crazy happy about the battery cover coming completely off the device but understand that in order to make it as small as it is sacrifices had to be made and that was one of them. Just don't loose that cover !!!

I loved the display on the LEGEND 2 and I was thrilled to see it on the OBELISK 200. I have to say this is a fantastic device with just a couple of shortcomings and I suggest you folks pick one up for yourselves.

I would like to thank Allison and Geekvape for providing the OBELISK 200 Kit for the purpose of this review and I hope this review answered any questions you all might have had.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread