Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm tank

Before starting, as usual, let's take a look at the characteristics declared by the manufacturer:
    • Elegant and technologically advanced tank
    • Top filling system
    • Medium airflow seal system
    • Three-way airflow control
    • Double layer liquid chamber
    • Shockproof glass tube
    • Compatible with Geekvape Z series Coils
    • Double tank liquid storage

Enjoy the reading

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 1.jpg

► Packaging:
    Geekvape P comes in a sturdy two-tone black / orange cardboard box. The front features an image of the Tank in the center, with a slight relief that is perceptible to the touch. At the top there are the logo and the writing Geekvape, at the bottom we find the name of the product with an indication of the liquid capacity (5ml) and the color of this sample (blue)

The back of the case offers a description of the device listing its eight key features. Below are; the packing list, Geekvape contact information, a barcode, 'scratch & check'. At the bottom there are the usual logos & brands.

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 2.jpg

On one side of the box we find simply the Geekvape logo and branding. On the other side, the main social networks where Geekvape carries out its promotional activity are represented in the form of icons. For convenience, the contact email address with the brand is also displayed.

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 3.jpg

► Packing List:
    • 1 * Geekvape P Sub Ohm Tank
    • 1 * Mesh Coil: 0.2Ω KA1 Pre-installed (70-80W)
    • 1 * Mesh Coil: Spare 0.4Ω KA1 (50-60W)
    • 1 * Drip Tip 1 * 810
    • 1 * Spare part's bag
    • 2 * Spare glass tubes (long and short, 5ml)

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 4.jpg

► Specifications and dimensions:
    • Dimensions: 26x59.35mm
    • Capacity: 5ml
    • Middle AFC
    • Compatible with Geekvape's Z-Coil series
    • Drip Tip 810
    • Thread: 510

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 5.JPG

► Available colors:
    SS, Black, Blue, Gunmetal, Rainbow, Gold

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 6.jpeg

► First impressions:
    Before the product even arrived I hadn't seen any pictures yet and I asked myself a few questions; who knows what that "P" means? But above all, will it be an RTA tank or pre-packaged coils similar to the Zeus? The only thing that had been anticipated to me by the Geekvape rep was that it was a new Tank dedicated to Flavor.

Later when the package arrived I was able to give me the answers! "P" is an abbreviation of Poseidon and then thinking also of the other famous tank Zeus I connected the meaning of the names that Geekvape chooses directly from Greek mythology.

The other question I asked myself was about the type of construction of the Tank and the answer has arrived! Poseidon is a tank that uses the excellent Z-Coils that are common to the Zeus, but the surprise was great to see that this new product has a "Middle" type AFC that is positioned in the center between two tank sections! Well, it seems that Geekvape has managed to propose something original and my curiosity increases ...

There is a spare glass in the kit for each of the tank sections. So it looks like there will be quite a few components to screw in / unscrew and the look of this new product may not appeal to everyone. Personally, I think this style is perfectly functional to the product and I try to explain why; the base with chalice profile measures in the lower part only 24mm which increase in the glass surfaces to 26mm. The two glasses are in some way protected from impact in the event of a fall since the protruding metal parts of; top-Cap, AFC ring and base are protruding and measure 27mm! Here I explained why I like Poseidon's useful design. In addition to an innovative AFC system placed closer to the resistance in search of better aromatic performance, there is something different than the usual Bubble-Tanks that often ruin the line and are not protected from shocks. Like the Zeus, the Poseidon tank also looks sturdy and massive, the weight of almost 80g is the confirmation.

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 7.jpg

► AFC system:
    Poseidon tank has what Geekvape calls "central air flow" even if in reality it is a lowered Top AFC solution to bring the air closer to the lower part of the resistance while maintaining a good degree of resistance to leaks. In the image below you can appreciate Poseidon Tank compared to Zeus Tank and how much the Top AFC has been lowered towards the coil.

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 8.jpg

The AFC adjustment ring is equipped with end stops and can adjust a total of 3 slots which measure 11x3mm each.
    The air is sucked in the center of the Tank to be channeled downwards towards the resistance and then rises towards the Drip-Tip in the form of vapor.

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 9.gif

In the image below, in addition to the base, we can see the three internal slots that are mirrored to those present on the AFC ring, the internal ones carry the air towards the bottom of the coil.

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    ► Exploded view:
    This tank, as I mentioned, consists of some additional elements compared to a classic tank, however the knurling present on its surface and the manufacturing quality of the threads allow easier assembly / disassembly operations.

Poseidon can be disassembled for cleaning and after removing the Top-Cap we can also remove the smaller glass section and also the AFC ring. Then we can disassemble the base and the larger glass section, remaining with the main body composed of a single piece.

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 11.jpg

► One-piece central structure:
    On the apical part of the one-piece there are 18 slots that allow you to control the level of e-liquid present on the first of the two tanks (small glass). Under these slots there is a silicone o'ring for the hermetic seal of the first glass.
    In the center we find the AFC ring with its three suction slots, the notches are made in the ring to facilitate rotation, between each AFC slot there are the inscriptions "Geekvape" obtained by engraving.

Below we find two o-rings, one at the top and one at the bottom for the hermetic seal of the second glass (the large one). Between the two o-rings we find the new Poseidon logo laser engraved and three slots for the flow of liquid to the coil.

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 12.jpg

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 13.jpg

In the lower part there is a sliding thread for the union with the 510 base, the coils are inserted from the bottom simply by aligning the tabs on the bottom of the coil with the notches obtained on the structure.

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 14.jpg

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 15.jpg

► Refil:
    The top Cap has an internal o-ring to accommodate a smooth 810-type drip tip, the notches on the perimeter are used to increase the grip with the fingers and to trigger the "bayonet" system with a 1/4 of rotation.

The refill slots are located very low, more or less at the height of the AFC ring. When the top of the tank is open we can take advantage of a large filling space that is very comfortable with any bottle. Just squeeze the bottle and drop the liquid along this large opening.

In the image below I have indicated with an arrow the red O-ring around the chimney. This o-ring is the reference I use to fill the Tank.

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 16.jpg

► Z Coil:
    Poseidon tank uses the same Coils-Z of the Zeus tank and in the kit there are a pre-installed 0.2Ω Mesh Coil KA1 with range (70-80 W) and a spare 0.4Ω Mesh Coil KA1 with range (50-60 W).

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 17.jpg

► Mod Compatibility:
    Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank undoubtedly finds a happy placement on medium / large Mods such as dual-batteries, however thanks to the straight and not excessively wide profile of the tank, I found its optimal placement on Aegis Max and on a compact SBS Mod like Brunhilde both equipped with a 21700 mono cell.

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 18.jpg

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 19.jpg

► Final conclusions:
    For my vape test I used the new Poseidon at the same time as one of my Zeus to better capture any aromatic differences.
    As on the Zeus the Coils-Zs allow you to select powers lower than those indicated in the range of use, both coils supplied are therefore very reactive and work smoothly just like on the Zeus. The large three-slot surface present on the AFC control ring allows the Poseidon to be used in DL with a considerable airflow, compared to the Zeus this Poseidon actually looks more airy.

By adjusting the ring to more restricted positions, the aromatic yield increases hand in hand with the hit in the throat at the expense of the large amount of steam that this tank can release. The puff always remains fluid and quite silent. The aromatic yield is in line with that of Zeus.

In my opinion, the advantages of Poseidon are those of a greater air flow rate for extreme DL lovers, greater ease of filling thanks to the wide opening and greater protection of its glass surface due to the conformation of the external metal parts.

I liked Geekvape's Poseidon tank a lot and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a tank; leak-proof, with pre-made flavor heads, easy to use, robust, with a good e-liquid capacity and with an intelligent design that protects the two glasses from shocks.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks to Geekvape for sending me the sample for the review.
    Geekvape P Subohm Tank

Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank 20.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    ► Exploded view:
    This tank, as I mentioned, consists of some additional elements compared to a classic tank, however the knurling present on its surface and the manufacturing quality of the threads allow easier assembly / disassembly operations.

Poseidon can be disassembled for cleaning and after removing the Top-Cap we can also remove the smaller glass section and also the AFC ring. Then we can disassemble the base and the larger glass section, remaining with the main body composed of a single piece.

View attachment 957067

► One-piece central structure:
    On the apical part of the one-piece there are 18 slots that allow you to control the level of e-liquid present on the first of the two tanks (small glass). Under these slots there is a silicone o'ring for the hermetic seal of the first glass.
    In the center we find the AFC ring with its three suction slots, the notches are made in the ring to facilitate rotation, between each AFC slot there are the inscriptions "Geekvape" obtained by engraving.

Below we find two o-rings, one at the top and one at the bottom for the hermetic seal of the second glass (the large one). Between the two o-rings we find the new Poseidon logo laser engraved and three slots for the flow of liquid to the coil.

View attachment 957069

View attachment 957071

In the lower part there is a sliding thread for the union with the 510 base, the coils are inserted from the bottom simply by aligning the tabs on the bottom of the coil with the notches obtained on the structure.

View attachment 957073

View attachment 957075

► Refil:
    The top Cap has an internal o-ring to accommodate a smooth 810-type drip tip, the notches on the perimeter are used to increase the grip with the fingers and to trigger the "bayonet" system with a 1/4 of rotation.

The refill slots are located very low, more or less at the height of the AFC ring. When the top of the tank is open we can take advantage of a large filling space that is very comfortable with any bottle. Just squeeze the bottle and drop the liquid along this large opening.

In the image below I have indicated with an arrow the red O-ring around the chimney. This o-ring is the reference I use to fill the Tank.

View attachment 957077

► Z Coil:
    Poseidon tank uses the same Coils-Z of the Zeus tank and in the kit there are a pre-installed 0.2Ω Mesh Coil KA1 with range (70-80 W) and a spare 0.4Ω Mesh Coil KA1 with range (50-60 W).

View attachment 957079

► Mod Compatibility:
    Geekvape P (Poseidon) Sub-Ohm Tank undoubtedly finds a happy placement on medium / large Mods such as dual-batteries, however thanks to the straight and not excessively wide profile of the tank, I found its optimal placement on Aegis Max and on a compact SBS Mod like Brunhilde both equipped with a 21700 mono cell.

View attachment 957081

View attachment 957083

► Final conclusions:
    For my vape test I used the new Poseidon at the same time as one of my Zeus to better capture any aromatic differences.
    As on the Zeus the Coils-Zs allow you to select powers lower than those indicated in the range of use, both coils supplied are therefore very reactive and work smoothly just like on the Zeus. The large three-slot surface present on the AFC control ring allows the Poseidon to be used in DL with a considerable airflow, compared to the Zeus this Poseidon actually looks more airy.

By adjusting the ring to more restricted positions, the aromatic yield increases hand in hand with the hit in the throat at the expense of the large amount of steam that this tank can release. The puff always remains fluid and quite silent. The aromatic yield is in line with that of Zeus.

In my opinion, the advantages of Poseidon are those of a greater air flow rate for extreme DL lovers, greater ease of filling thanks to the wide opening and greater protection of its glass surface due to the conformation of the external metal parts.

I liked Geekvape's Poseidon tank a lot and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a tank; leak-proof, with pre-made flavor heads, easy to use, robust, with a good e-liquid capacity and with an intelligent design that protects the two glasses from shocks.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks to Geekvape for sending me the sample for the review.
    Geekvape P Subohm Tank

View attachment 957085

Great review. I really like this tank a lot and am still using it.

Reactions: Frenkyou
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread