The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice
Geekvape_Official
5664.jpg

Geekvape S100 (Aegis Solo 2 Kit): New Tri-proof Has The Solo

5664.jpg
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Geekvape_Official

Geekvape_Official Brand Manager ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  3. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Much nicer looking than the original aegis solo. Does it have preheat?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Javichu

Javichu Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Just received this kit for review purposes and wow i am loving the coils,excellent!!

I want to order some spare coils but before i do so i want to make sure this chart is up to date:

Z COILS.jpg

All 4 of these coils are compatible with the Geekvape Z Subohm 2021 Tank,right?
    I am really liking the Z0.25 coil (45-57W) so just wanted to make sure my tank can use those before i order them coils.

Cheers

5. muirhill121

muirhill121 New Member

Apr 27, 2022
    I have a new Geek vape s100. I have a number of geek vape products with no problems however it seems that this s100 is stuck in settings mode. Instructions say to exit settings long press fire, or it will exit automatically after 5 sec inactivity in settings. Well this one doesn't. I may be missing the obvious ??? Old one you press up and down together to lock / unlock.

6. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    what about if you
    • remove the battery,
    • hook mod up to USB for about 20 seconds,
    • unhook fro USB,
    • reinsert battery?

7. muirhill121

muirhill121 New Member

Apr 27, 2022
    Hooking up usb doesn't seem to make a difference. Still stuck in settings mode. It works ok, just that up & down buttons remain active, so before long you will get a very hot drag.

8. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    If it's new then I'd email customer support at Geekvape for a warranty replacement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I got a couple of Solo 2's recently. One still unopened. The one I've been using doesn't get stuck in settings but one odd thing happens. I normally use Solos with SS coils in TCR at 420F, 16 watts, TCR 105. With the Solo 2 when I replace the battery it reboots at 215C, like it doesn't want me using F. 215C is the same temp as 420F so it works fine at 215C but if I change it back to 420F it acts up. It vapes super hot. I can hear the power going on and off rapidly. It behaves the way I would expect if I set the watts really high.

Maybe there is something dodgy about settings function on the chip. I should take out my second Solo 2 and see if it does the same.

Anyone know if there is an upgrade available for the chip software?

• Like Like x 1
  10. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    There never was a firmware download for the new generation Aegis mods (S100, MAx100, L200 etc) and all other firmware seems to have been taken off of GV's support page on their site. They also used to have a helpdesk that had a page with various Aegis firmware downloads, but they took down their helpdesk.

So the answer seems to be "no"

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. gloopdegurp

gloopdegurp Senior Member

Supporting member
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    All my Legend V1s have the last firmware version, but I went poking around on GV site on the Internet Archive just to see about getting a backup firmware download for "just in case".
    I could not find the last version, but the earlier ones can be had there if anyone needs the older firmware.
    Not sure about what might be there for the other mods, but it would all be older models.

DO NOT USE THE OLDER FIRMWARE ON A NEWER MOD!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Update:

Dug out my second Solo 2 and it's worse than the first one.

The first one works in C but wildly overheats in F. The second one gives the same unusably tame vape no matter what I set the TCR, Temp, and Watts to, changing the settings doesn't seem to do anything. They are both fine on Power setting so I guess that's how I'll use them.

I did check the authenticity codes and they are legit.

• Informative Informative x 1