Geekvape S100 Kit - Review by Javichu (Sourcemore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Salutations fellow vapers :)

Time to take a look at the Geekvape S100 Kit which was sent to me by my friends over at Sourcemore for the purposes of the review.

As a long time fan of another mod from another brand that will remain nameless i am really into rugged type of mods.

I like the weight and i like the way they feel in my hands and if you're clumsy as i am you can rest assured that even if it drops at the most and maybe depending on the trajectory of the fall you will only damage your atomizer.

Been wanting to review an Aegis product for a long time and finally that day has come.
Enough of my usual long winded intros and let us start with some ''literature'' with some info of this kit in particular.

CHOICE OF COLORS:

05-Geekvape-S100-650px.jpg

CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE:

5be6a8f8f2c47713b173302c65807c8a.geekvape-s100-kit-all-parts.jpg

FEATURES:

11.jpg

DETAILED LOOK OF ALL THE PARTS THAT COMPOSE THE GEEKVAPE Z 2021 TANK.

RTHYTHJE6YR.jpg

COILS AVAILABLE:

Z SERIES COILS.JPG

EASY REFILL:

12.jpg

SPECS AND INFO:

Geekvape S100 Mod

80x40x25mm
Battery: 1×18650 (not included)
Display: 1.08in colour TFT screen
Output: 5 to 100W, 8.5V
User modes: VW, TC, Bypass, VPC, TCR
Type C USB
Resistance range: 0.1-3Ω
IP68 rating
Flip open USB port cover
Quick button lock switch

Geekvape Z 2021 Tank

60x25mm
Capacity: 5.5ml (standard), 2ml (TPD)
Z Series coils
Screw top fill cap
Top adjustable airflow

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

I like it.

That's it,done with the review.

Just kidding :lol:

Ok seriously,the box comes with a sleeve and when you open the box there is one thing i noticed,there is a small padding in the inside of the top of the box that i just pulled off.

Small detail but it shows they take care in presenting the product in a in a professional manner, which to me is an important thing.

Do not be fooled by the size of the mod,this is one tough little vaping apparatus,having the mod in my hand feels good,nice spongy grip on the side where your fingers go and it just feels right.

The mod was in perfect shape,no dings,sign of fingerprints on the chrome on the side or the base of the mod where the 510 pin is...same for the the atomizer itself which was clean as a whistle.

VAPING TIME:

As usual and something i have done with all my reviews is i use my trusty ol' Juggerknot Mini as a baseline when it comes to trying an atomizer.

If my coil is old i will replace along with a fresh wick only after i have cleaned my RTA,then i will fill both atomizers with the same e-liquid (Aroma is Shiva from A&L,base is70% VG / 30% PG
and nic strength at 3mg)

Popped in a new battery in the mod,primed the coil and put it in the atomizer and i let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.

I decided to start with the preinstalled Z Series 0.2ohm Coil (70-80W).

Always recommended to start at a lower wattage and then after some quick puffs increase the wattage little by little.

Started at 30 watts and little by little i stopped at 45 watts...and DANG!!! that is some good chunky flavor right there.

I am not a ''hot'' vaper so this right here in the 45 watt to 48 watt was my sweet spot,fiddled a bit with the airflow and left it half open.

Once i broke in the coil i did bump it up to 70 watts just to see how it would perform and yeah that was some mighty power,to hot for me thou so after a couple of puffs i went down to 45 watts.

Good solid coil with good flavor,used this coil for about 3 days then i had to switch to the spare coil,the Z Series 0.25ohm (45-57W).

Yep much better,now this is more of my ballpark.
Broke in the coil and settled in at 40 watts,any lower and i could taste a loss in flavor not much but it was noticeable.

Couple of notes about the atomizer:

-Some folks have had a problem while refilling the tank,take off the cap and the airflow rings also pops up in their hands,so far i haven't had that issue.

-I did get a faulty coil in the box,this was the spare Z Series 0.25ohm Coil.
I was getting spitback,odd whistle like noise and it just didn't feel right.
Took me about 30 minutes to figure out it was the coil,took apart the atomizer and made sure all the o-rings were in their place and that all components of the atomizer were correctly assembled...after that it still felt the same.
Only constant remaining was that it had to be the coil,lucky enough i had ordered 5 spare coils from a Spanish vape shop so once i put in a new coil all the problems disappeared.

Enough of the atomizer let us move on to the mod.

This is where i have to be honest,let me be clear the mod itself is exceptionally well built and crafted and it's a solid device to carry around that will cover all your vaping needs.

Small gripe i have is with the size of said mod,now this is more of a personal issue but in my hands the device just feels a tad small,doesn't feel right.

Never held in my hands the Aegis Max but i am guessing that model in particular would just feel fine in my hands,again this is just a personal issue due to my abnormally and manly sized hands.

If you're worried about performance this little mod won't disappoint you,used it as my daily mod and without a hitch.

Couple of things to keep in mind thou,if you're using any coil besides the Z Series 0.25ohm you will have to change the battery more than usual,keep in mind it is a 18650 so when using at those high wattages the battery will be drained quickly.

Couple of things that bothered me a bit about the Geekvape S100 mod:

-Small 1 second delay of the screen when pressing the fire button,so you press the fire button and it will fire right away but the screen will take a second to light up.
Just feels weird...was thinking it was maybe my imagination but when put aside with another mod there is a noticeable 1 second delay from the time you press the fire button to when the screen lights up.
Might bother some,might not bother others...to me it felt a tad weird.

-Battery cap feels too rough,takes a bit to get the right angle to screw the battery cap in and you gotta apply some strength when screwing or unscrewing the battery cap.
Other mods feel much smoother but then again this maybe something that is needed for the
IP68 Rating.

PROS:

-Locking switch is a major pro,just a quick slide and you can put the mod in your man purse, satchel or anywhere else without having to worry about it firing.
-Build quality,superb mod that will withstand a date with Andre the Giant.
-Tank has good flavor and cloud production.
-No leaking,none whatsoever this for me is a big pro when it comes to tanks.
-Stylish design.

CONS:

-Battery cap is just too tight for my taste.
-1 second delay for the screen to turn on when you press the fire button.
-Any coil that you use besides the Z Series 0.25ohm Coil will have you changing batteries more often than you would like.

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS MOD:

Honestly if you want to vape at high wattage this mod will come in short,not performance wise but in battery life it will require you to change batteries quite often.

If you're using the Z Series 0.25ohm Coil this is a very good mod/tank combo that you can carry around and use as your main vaping device.

Thanks again to all my friends at Sourcemore for giving me the opportunity to review this kit.

As usual here you have a code in case you decide to acquire this kit:

GeekVape S100 Aegis Solo 2 Kit with Z Subohm Tank

$41.6 - GeekVape S100 Aegis Solo 2 Kit Code: S100K

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread