hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. I’m back today to talk about the Geekvape Talo X rda that was sent by Geekvape in order to give you folks a fair and honest review. I don’t normally use rdas very often except sometimes for testing flavors but will do my best to give a decent review on the Talo. Let’s go take a look at some pictures and specs on the talo and I’ll tell you about my experience with it.

upload_2020-11-12_10-30-36.jpg

talo-04.gif

A Single/Dual Coil rda among your fingers to choose. Innovative postless deck so that you can get
    started quickly. Adjustable airflow on both sides to control every single vape and blow up the
    possibilities with the squonk mod. Featuring an enclosure made of durable stainless steel with six
    stunning finishes, TALO X rda experts more than you expected.

What’s in the box?

1*Talo X RDA
    1*Coil Cutting Tool
    1*GV Triangular Tool
    2*Feather Cotton
    2*N80 Fused Clapton Coil 28ga*3+40ga/0.4Ω
    1*Gold Plated BF Positive Pin
    1*510 Drip Tip Adaptor
    1*Spare Parts Pack

Features and Specifications:

1*Talo X RDA
    1*Coil Cutting Tool
    1*GV Triangular Tool
    2*Feather Cotton
    2*N80 Fused Clapton Coil 28ga*3+40ga/0.4Ω
    1*Gold Plated BF Positive Pin
    1*510 Drip Tip Adaptor
    1*Spare Parts Pack

First Impressions:

The packaging for the Talo was much the same as other Geekvape samples. A two part black box which exposed the Talo and a side flap that revealed the accessories which included the normal o rings, coils, triangular tool, and cotton but what was different was the coil trimming jig which I very much appreciated and like.

I don’t normally use rdas much so probably am not as familiar as some with the current design trends but was honestly impressed with the design and function of the Talo X. There is the top cap which turns to adjust airflow, the center section which contains the airflow holes, and the base with a postless deck that can accommodate a dual or single coil build with plenty of room. I personally thought the grub screws were a little small and my old eyes had a bit of a hard time seeing the slot in the screw heads. The deck is notched out on opposite sides to allow access to the screws and also functions to lock the center section in place so it doesn’t spin when you turn the airflow adjustment.

I started out trying the included coils in dual coil configuration. The rda was easy to build on. I was a little bit cautious when I saw that the resistance was reading .09 with two coils installed. However, I wanted to try it as intended with the included coils. I used some 6mg liquid that I am very familiar with the flavor profile but I quickly found that I had to turn it up to around 60 watts to get the coils to fire in a decent manner and very well could go higher. The vapor was very warm and full flavored but after a few puffs got a bit too warm for me and the included drip tip was too short for my preference so I quickly changed to a longer drip tip to get my mouth away from the top cap.

I didn’t run the dual coil configuration for long since I really wasn’t enjoying it with as warm as the vapor and top cap were getting. This was due to my personal preference and had nothing to do with the design of the rda. However, I think it might have been better if the included coils were a little higher resistance to start with. Instead of starting over, I simply removed one of the coils from the deck, moved the remaining coil more to the center and rewicked it. I found this configuration fit my style of vaping much better. I was very happy with the flavor and vapor produced at 31 watts with the single coil configuration. Many companies claim that their tank or rda will do both single and dual coil but many don’t do the single coil set up that well. I felt that the Talo did do quite well with a single coil.

boom-25.jpg

Final Thoughts:

Overall, I felt like the Talo X was a well designed and functioning rda. I think that it might operate a little more to my preference with some different coils in the dual configuration but I felt like I should test the rda with what was included so that’s what I did. I was impressed with the design and operation of the Talo. I liked the airflow adjustment and how it could be turned so that only half of the holes were open on the bottom or you could close off a certain number
    of holes completely. The flavor and vapor production were good and I definitely liked it best with a single coil and the airflow set with the holes open on bottom.

So, would I recommend the Talo X rda? I think that I would. I think with the option of single or dual coil and the almost infinite airflow adjustment that it could be a good fit for many different styles of vaping. Thanks once again to Elliot and Geekvape for sending the Talo X for review and thanks goes out to the readers.

https://www.geekvape.com/atomizer/rda/TALO-X-RDA.html

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread