Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello and welcome back for todays review of a new rda from Geekvape that has some very nice options for various airflow adjustments that should make every vaper happy. The name for this new rda is as the title says Talo X, there is a reason the X is in the name and it is because the build deck resembles the letter X. The Talo X can be used as a single or dual coil but really shines in it's dual coil configuration and can also be used in squonk mode.

talo-album-05.jpg

Positive post are in gold and the silver post are your negative. This is a 4 piece rda that consist of the build deck, outer barrel, top cap that also works as a inner half chamber barrel and the drip tip. The big feature of this RDA is airflow options from the top cap/ inner barrel that gives the user vertical or horizontal choices that can be tailored even further. Before I give my review lets get to know the Talo X from Geekvape a little bit.

COLOR CHOICES

talo-x-range.jpg

BOX CONTENTS

1* Talo X RDA
    1* Coil Cutting Tool
    1* GV Triangular Tool
    2* Feather Cotton
    2* N80 Fused Clapton Coil 28ga*3+40ga/0.4ohm
    1* Gold Plated BF Positive Pin
    1* 510 Drip Tip Adaptor
    1* Spare Parts Pack

Geekvape_TALO_X_BF_RDA_.jpg

POSTLESS DECK

talo-03.jpg

SQUONK CAPABLE

talo-05.jpg

SINGLE OR DUAL COIL

talo-02.jpg

MANY AIRFLOW OPTIONS

talo-04.gif

EXPLODED VIEW

boom-25.jpg

PARAMETERS

Geekvape-Talo-X-RDA_05_238fb1.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Packaging was straight forward with the Talo X resting in a form fitted foam insert and a box containing all your supplied materials below with the user manual underneath. Geekvape includes everything you need for the Talo X RDA.

20201112_143154.jpg

The Talon X came to me clean and free of machine oil residue but as I always do with any RDA or Tank it was washed and left to dry. The Talo X broken down into it's 4 pieces with the drip tip already attached.

20201110_134040.jpg

The post screws are a bit on the small size and are flathead, I had no problem using them and they attached the coil wire very secure. The top cap uses a single o ring while the bottom deck uses 2 and all should be beefed up to a larger size because after wet with juice the top cap and barrel slip off to easily but remember folks this is not the finished product just a sample. There is a squonk hole on both sides of the deck in the middle and each coil gets a even amount when used in squonk mode as I did. In the picture below you can see the cutouts and locking tab that has hard stops, the Talo X also gives the user a little bit of wiggle room at the bottom so when your airflow selection is made the user can turn the barrel chamber just enough to center the air slots to hit the coil dead on, very nice.

20201110_134505.jpg

After cutting the supplied coils at 5ml on the cutting tool that is provided and installing them they Ωed out at 0.19. Installing the coils is easy with plenty of room and because the screws are side mounted and the coils drop straight down, there is no coil leg distortion when tightening your coil legs.

20201113_141942.jpg

20201113_142200.jpg

Wicking the Talo X is also very easy just be sure to leave space for juice to flow freely. The wells are fairly deep and hold a good amount of juice also. Because the airflow slots on the barrel are set higher up there is less of a chance of leaking.

20201113_144151.jpg

20201114_074939.jpg

There are a lot of choices for the user in the airflow department from vertical slots that can be cut off one at a time or horizontally cut in about 1/3rd of the top portion for either each slot or the entire row. There are a total of 14 airflow slots, 7 on each side.

4603.jpeg

20201113_150154.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

My final thoughts on the Talo X RDA are this, the airflow options make this RDA because it will appeal to every vaper who either likes a very restricted DL, restricted DL or a air lover. Flavor is very good in any airflow setting but for me having the top completely shut down gave the best flavor with a very restricted draw, to restricted for me so I close the top portion on 4 slots leaving 3 slots fully open for a flavorful vape. So many airflow option .

As I said I used the Talo X in squonk mode with the Aegis Squonk Mod and never had a overflow of juice because of the position of the airflow slots being higher up. Having the ability to center the airflow slots to hit your coil dead on center is great, the little bit of wiggle room of the barrel makes all the difference, also in every airflow setting I tried I had no whistle happen.

I have nothing bad to say about the Talo X except that the o rings need a larger size for the retail version, remember mine is a sample version and not the finished product. The only other thing is that the ultem drip tip is a bit to low profile for my taste as you could see in the review I switched out the supplied one for a higher one, besides it's getting a bit dated and time for a new one.

Other than the 2 things I mentioned above I can easily recommend the Talo X RDA because it's easy to build, wick, can be squonked, very good flavor with airflow options that should make any vaper able to find their sweet spot, and it looks good as well.

20201113_151643.jpg

I would like to thank Elliott and Geekvape for providing the Talo X for review and I hope that this review helped anyone looking to purchase the Talo X RDA. Another winner Geekvape.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread