Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello everyone and welcome back for today's review of the Wenax K1 Pod System from Geekvape. The K1 is the latest evolution in the Wenax line that's shape has changed from the round pen styled device to a flat styled one which I think is a improvement from the round style for better portability for pocket carry. The K1 can be button fired or draw fired with it's autodraw feature or both in one setting of the device, the other setting allows only auto draw. I think the K1 is the best version of the Wenax line to come out as of today's date. Before the review let's find out some information and get to know the K1 a little bit.

COLOR CHOICES

01_66bb07.jpg

IN THE BOX

wenax-k1-contents.jpg

PARAMETERS

Size: 21.6mm × 114.6mm
    Output Power: 9-16W
    Battery Capacity: 600mAh
    Coil: 0.8ohm,12-15W; 1.2ohm,10-12W
    Charging Specification: 5V | USB-C Charging Port
    Low Voltage Warning: 3.2土0.1V
    PCBA Temperature Alarm: 80℃
    Longest vaping Time: 10S
    Working Temperature: -10~45℃
    Stand-by Current: ≤15uA
    002_80e269.jpg

600 MAH INTERNAL BATTERY

Wenax-K1-Kit-16.jpg

CONSISTENT POWER - 3 POWER LEVELS

Wenax-K1-Kit-15.jpg

BUTTON OR AUTO DRAW ACTIVATED

wenax-k1-operation.jpg

3 COLOR BATTERY PERCENTAGE CAPACITY INDICATOR

wenax-k1-LED.jpg

2 ML LONG LIFE REFILLABLE POD

Wenax-K1-Kit-17.jpg

TRUE MTL DEVICE

Wenax-K1-Kit-18.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

After sliding the box out of it's sleeve and opening it up, the K1 , extra Pod and charging cable in the familiar cutout plastic insert with the user manual in a cardboard envelope sitting on top. The K1 has a really nice finish to it.

20210205_174601 (1).jpg

The K1 ships with 2 Pods and the 0.8Ω ( 12-16w ) is pre installed, the other pod is the 1.2Ω ( 10-12w ). The Pods have no magnetic connection but rather use a loud click in system to install that holds very tight, you need considerable force when removing a Pod so there is no worry about a Pod falling out inadvertently. A nice feature with the K1 is it has auto draw also and I have to say it works great and has never failed to fire in this mode. You can see the 2 contact points for the coil and on the right side is the auto draw activator. The K1 is a true MTL Pod System.

20210213_074652.jpg

The K1 Pods use a side fill method and have a rubber plug that can be rotated to the side aiding in filling them. There is no arrow pointing to which end of the plug opens so remember to open using the corner side of the plug.

20210205_183129.jpg

The fillport of the K1 is of nice size and will accept large tipped bottles or even glass dripper bottle stems. The fillport sits inside the K1 when the Pod is attached so it has to be pulled off when it's time for refilling.

20210213_084902.jpg

I'm so happy that Geekvape finally used a clear color for their Pod, viewing juice is no problem now. A small narrow duckbill style is the mouthpiece the K1 uses and the airflow tube is also very narrow giving a true tight MTL vape from it. There is no airflow control on the K1 and I would normally frown on that but the K1 doesn't need one, that's how well the vape is.

20210213_085142.jpg

As you can see there are 2 holes shown in this picture but only the bottom hole is fully punched through and open, the other side is identical, these holes are where the air supply comes from and as you can see they are tiny.

20210213_080801.jpg

The K1 uses a Type-C charge port that is on the bottom of the device, normally I would frown on this also but because the K1 is so light and if left standing up any little bump would knock it down anyway so I'm fine with it's placement on the device and keeps the busy free look of the device. There are no sharp corners with all sides and bottom being rounded off.

20210213_083704.jpg

The K1 has a couple of ways it can be used, first off to turn the device on/off is 5 quick presses of the fire button. When the device is powered up it can be vaped with draw activation or you can choose to fire it using the button, the device will vape either way.

If you want to only vape in the draw activated mode only, after the device has been turned on 5 quick presses of the fire button will put you in draw activation only mode and pressing the button to vape will be deactivated which is great for jeans pocket carry. The draw activation works so well I rarely use the button.

There are 3 power levels choices you can use and they are color coded using 3 colors to show their level. LOW - ( WHITE ), MEDIUM - ( BLUE ) and HIGH - (GREEN ). To change power levels is done with 3 quick presses of the fire button. No where in the manual are the wattages for each level but this is a sample version that I have.

Battery status is also done with colors of light. When charging a breathing red light is 0-69% full,breathing green light is 70-99% full and a solid green light means 100% fully charged.

wenax-k1-LED.jpg

The light that I'm talking about is very small but very bright and is under the fire button that can be easily felt without looking for it and is beveled in the center. Using the button or auto draw the device has no ramp up and fires immediately, the button feels solid. The paint finish is superb .

20210213_080547 (1).jpg

There is only one spot on the K1 that has branding and it's done very lightly. In this picture I had to get the light to reflect just right or it might not have been seen. The K1 is so light as well as being thin and with a 600 mAH internal battery it makes for a great on the go device for errand running or almost a full day of vaping. The one important thing your wondering about is how well is the flavor and I can tell you that it's above average in the flavor department. I used a juice that I use all day at work vaping MTL and the flavor is spot on and with all the features I've already mentioned If you like a true MTL vape the K1 will do the trick for you. I think Geekvape has done a great job on the K1 and I consider it to be the best version yet in the Wenax series of Pod Styled devices.

20210213_080949.jpg

PROS

* ATTRACTIVE
    * LIGHTWEIGHT
    * TRUE MTL
    * 2ML POD
    * BUTTON OR AUTODRAW
    * TYPE-C
    * LARGE FILLPORT
    * COMFORTABLE MOUTHPIECE
    * MESS FREE FILLING
    * NO LEAKS

CONS

* NO AIRFLOW ADJUSTMENT

I really tried to find a con with the K1 and for the way it is intended to be used I was unable to find one accept it not having adjustable airflow, for me the airflow is perfect and putting adjustable airflow on the K1 probably could have been done but I think that the auto draw feature would have been affected, very few devices that have the auto draw feature work well with most being intermittent or very sloppy and the K1 works very well and is smooth also.

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

The Wenax K1 is a great thin lightweight device that will give you plenty of flavor and for a surprising long period of time, it's perfect for out and about errands that won't be over 6 hrs if your a very heavy vaper.

Geekvape has finally listened to us reviewers as well as customers wanting clear pods instead of tinted ones. The device works very well for what it is intended but you will not get a entire day of vaping from it.

The auto draw with above average flavor and a device that you can deactivate the fire button and still get a great vape makes the Wenax K1 a winner in my book.

I would like to thank April and Geekvape for providing the Wenax K1 for the purpose of this review, I also highly recommend the K1 to any MTL vaper that likes their draw on the tight side.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread