Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 1.jpg

Geekvape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit...There's no two without three!
    Geekvape after introducing Wenax Stylus and Wenax C1 releases the third version of this line, the Wenax K1. The new device is a 600mAh MTL “entry level” kit with double mechanical / automatic suction.
    I think that in this range of products Wenax K1 stands out from the crowd, I really liked the functionality of the single control button and the aromatic performance of its disposable cartridges.
    Enjoy the reading

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 2.jpg

Geek vape Wenax K1 arrives in an elegant and inconspicuous white package. "Geek Knows Better" is the motto that appears on the side, while from the front you can see a light decorative texture very fine and almost invisible, the mark of geek Vape is present at the bottom right.

On the back of the box are listed; the packing list, addresses, warnings, logos & brands.

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 3.jpg

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 4.jpg

Packing List:
    1x Geekvape Wenax K1 device
    1x Geekvape Wenax K1 cartridge from 0,8Ω range 12-16W (Pre-installed)
    1x Geekvape Wenax K1 1.2Ω cartridge range 10-12W (Spare)
    1x USB cable (type C)
    1x User Manual

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 5.jpg

Technical data and features:
    Materials: Aluminum Alloy and PCTG
    Dimensions: 21.6 × 114.6mm
    Weight: 30g
    Output power: 9-16W
    Power output adjustable on 3 levels
    Puff: Automatic (Cut-off 10s)
    Puff: Manual (Cut-off 10s)
    Coil Range: 0.4-3Ω
    Battery capacity: 600mAh
    Charging Specifications: 5V USB-C charging port
    Low voltage warning: 3.2 + - 0.1V
    PCBA temperature alarm: 80 ° C
    Safety lock of the fire button.
    Working temperature: -10 ~ 45 ° C
    Stand-by current: <= 15uA
    Pod capacity: 2.0ml

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 6.jpg

Available colours:

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 7.jpg

First impressions:

I received the blue sample, I must say that the rest of the color range is also pleasant in its monochromatic simplicity, the dimensions of this kit are naturally very small, you can store it in any pocket and you can easily forget you are wearing it.
    The finishes of Venax are good as well as the tactile feedback, the back bears the writing "Wenax" very light and not visible against the light.

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 8.jpg

The classic K1 factor form is reminiscent of many devices in this category, such as the Vaporesso Xros.
    I was a little surprised that the battery capacity is only 600mAh, I would have hoped for a bit more capacity as the Venax is almost as tall as Xros.

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 9.jpg

Control key:
    The front side contains the circular control button slightly protruding and concave in the center, this is the only button on the Veenax and has several interesting functions, you can use it for vaping but you can also lock it (anti-touch function) using only the automatic puff , and then store the device in your pockets and without any danger of it being activated inadvertently.
    - Power on / off: 5 clicks on the button
    - Anti-touch function: To lock / unlock the key you need to make further 5 clicks on the key.

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Power Step:
    The battery status indicator is located below the button, this indicator emits a different color also according to the selected power step.
    You can select 3 different power levels between 9 and 16W by quickly pressing the button 3 consecutive times:
    1 ° White light level (Low power)
    2nd Blue Light Level (Medium Power)
    3rd Green light level (High power)

Battery level:
    You can easily check the charge status by simply vacuuming or pressing the button:
    - Green Light: The battery has a charge level between 70 and 100%
    - Blue Light: The battery has a charge level between 31 and 69%
    - Red Light: The battery has a charge level between 0 and 30%
    * Green light stays fixed when the entire charging cycle is completed.

Prompts:
    - Low battery: The red light flashes 5 times.
    - Pod not connected: The red light flashes 3 times.
    - Short circuit: The red light flashes 8 times.
    - Cut Off: After 10s of continuous vaping, delivery stops and the red light remains steady for 3s.
    - Overheating: Delivery stops and the red light remains steady for 10s.

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 11.png

Wenax K1 has no AFC adjustment, to allow airflow to the coil there are two small external holes on each side of the pod.
    With both coils supplied the puff is narrower than the Wenax C1 and I find it excellently balanced in pure MTL style.

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 12.jpg

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 13.jpg

Pod compartment and charging socket:
    Inside the compartment / pod there are two gold contacts for electrical connection, the channel for the automatic puff is in a raised anti-flooding position and the coupling system with the pod does not use magnets, the economic interlocking system is safe and functional.

The USB-C charging port is located on the bottom of the K1.

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 14.jpg

600mAh Battery:
    With an entire charge cycle (0.8Ω coil) I managed to vaporize about 2.5ml, considering the low consumption of liquid this result allows a relatively long period of vaping.

* The Battery is fully charged in about 50 minutes.

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 15.jpg

Disposable Pod 0.8 / 1.2Ω:

Geek Vape declares that depending on the cartridge used (0.8 / 1.2Ω) it is possible with 2ml to make from 300 to 400 puffs, and declare that the lifespan of a K1 cartridge is equal to the total life of 10 cartridges of the competition! It looks amazing and fantastic, we will see over time.

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 16.jpg

The Drip-Tip (Fixed) has a flattened shape that I personally consider comfortable, moreover the pod has a very light tint that makes it easier to check the liquid level.
    The side filling door is generously sized however lifting the rubber pad that protects it is not always easy if you do not have sharp nails.

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 17.jpg

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 18.jpg

Conclusions:

The chipset of this small electronic cigarette seems to work great with a full-bodied and constant delivery, the automatic extraction works excellently and without delays, I find no differences with the activation by button, also it is possible to deactivate the button to vape only in automatic mode and this makes the device very safe even when you leave it activated in the pockets ... Most Pods do not have this convenient and important function.

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 19.jpg

I appreciated these cartridges, during the test I used all the steps (9-16W) and I did not find much difference between the 0.8Ω and the 1.2Ω, both are silent and work well even with 70/30 liquids, also they emit a lot vapor with good aromatic yield, the hit in the throat is balanced and a high concentration of nicotine in liquids is not required to perceive it.
    I have not registered any leaks, unwanted spitting phenomena are rare and can occur by allowing the liquid inside the cartridge to mature for a long time. A point definitely in favor of these disposable cartridges is the transparency that allows you to see the internal level even when using very clear liquids.

In the end I think Wenax K1 in its "entry level" sector is a winner! I recommend it safely to all those looking for a satisfying MTL Pod, good from the point of view of useful functions but also very economical and convenient to buy.

I thank everyone for reading.

Thanks to April and Geekvape for submitting the Wenax K1 Pod Kit for this review.

Wenax K1

Geek Vape Wenax K1 Mtl Kit 20.jpg

smd11873

May 1, 2012
    Danbury
    Have been using one for about a week and love it. Performance is fantastic and I'm on about the 7th refill of the 1.2 ohm pod with no real loss of performance. So happy I tried it. I also tried the stylus and sadly was sent what I can only describe as a defective device. Was supposed to be a tighter draw then the wenax k1 which I like but the one I was sent does not engage or if it does , it cuts out in the middle of draw. Must be a bad device which has been rare for me but element vape is not being easy about correcting the problem so I may never get one that works. K1 is a winner for me so far!

Reactions: Frenkyou
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread