Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks and welcome back for today's review of the latest sub-ohm tank from Geekvape. The Z Max tank measures 26mm at the base and holds 4ml of liquid in it's bubble glass of which 2 were included in my sample package, I don't know if the retail version will include 2 bubble glass though, you will probably receive a 2 ml straight glass as well as the bubble glass . The Z Max uses the new M series of coils that are quite larger than their previous sub-ohm coils. Before my review lets have a look at some information on the Z Max.

COLOR CHOICES

GeekvapeZMaxTank_8.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE BOX

z-max-contents.jpg

PARAMETERS AND TANK BREAKDOWN

Size: 32* 55.85mm
    Capacity: 4ml/2ml
    Resistance: 0.14Ω M Coil (pre-installed, 60-80W)
    0.2Ω M Coil(70-85W)
    Drip tip: 810 drip tip
    Thread: 510

GeekvapeZMaxTank-_8.jpg

TOP AIRFLOW DESIGN

zmax-03.gif

TOP FILL AND LEAKPROOF

GeekVape_Z_Max_Tank_Leakproof.jpg

NEW M SERIES COILS

GeekVape_Z_Max_Tank_M_Series_Coil.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The tank that I received was a sample version and some items might be different with the retail version.

20210424_131725.jpg

In the small box below the tank are a extra drip tip, extra 4ml bubble glass, 0.2Ω triple mesh coil rated for between 70-85 watts, spare o rings, owners manual and warranty card.

20210424_133242.jpg

After I washed the tank I assembled the pieces for you to see starting from left to right with the top cap and drip tip, 0.14 coil that is pre installed, barrel chamber with airflow ring attached, 4ml bubble glass and base.

20210425_095734.jpg

The 0.14Ω pre installed M coil is a tightly woven mesh rated for between 60-80 watts, the triple mesh 0.2Ω coil is rated for 70-85 watts. Trying to get a good photo of the triple coil for you was very hard because of the metal base the coils sit in that is recessed in the main coil itself, but I did get a good shot of the single 0.14 coil.

20210502_064308.jpg

This is a top air tank that has 2 large slots on each side of the tank and uses a airflow control ring that has a hard stop on both sides with just the right amount of resistance as to not come off it's setting easily. The Geekvape name is etched into the metal of the control ring on both sides. You are able to remove the airflow control ring when cleaning the tank, you are able to see the hard stop to the bottom left of the airflow slot.

20210430_150112.jpg

Geekvape made filling the Z Max tank easy by using a quarter turn to open and close, one of the locking stop tabs are shown on the inner airflow tube of the barrel chamber as well as the 2 cutouts on the top cap. The top cap secures very well and also has some knurling to assist you.

20210501_132935.jpg

The 2 fill ports are very large and are able to receive large bottle tips or dropper tips easily.

20210501_132703.jpg

The juice delivery ports are nice and large square cutouts located on each side of the barrel chamber allowing plenty of juice to reach the coil . I have never received a dry hit even chain vaping the Z Max.

20210501_172039.jpg

As far as the Z Max dimensions goes I'm very happy with it's size even though the bubble glass really widens the tank from it's 26mm base to 32mm at the center of the bubble glass but it keeps it relatively short. The appearance of the tank is bold and attractive even keeping the Zeus image on the chamber.

Even the 810 drip tip evens out the Z's look and is also the right size in height, I really don't like low profile drip tips and kept the stock one on while testing the Z Max.

I was sent the gold color version and thought I might have a bit of a problem matching a mod with it but going through my collection of devices I came across a device that had gold accents on it but it just didn't feel right until I remembered the Geekvape Aegis X that I have.

After screwing on the Z Max to the Aegis X I new I had a match especially after changing the color of the display screen.

20210501_104124.jpg

USING THE Z MAX

I started out with the pre installed 0.14Ω new M series mesh coil slightly under the recommended starting wattage of 60w, this is something that I always do with drop in coils to bed them in first. The flavor wasn't quite there after 1 tankful so I increased to 65w and the flavor improved some.

Slowly making small adjustments I came to a sweet spot of 72 watts, The flavor was good and airflow was a RDL a little on the airier side. Airflow is super smooth with no turbulence or whistle sound. After vaping the single coil for a few tanks it was time to try the new M triple mesh 0.2Ω coil out.

The 0.2Ω coil is rated at 70-85 and I began the bedding process at 67w with very good flavor coming through right away even below the minimum wattage recommendation of 70w.

After the first tankful I began increasing slowly and found out my sweet spot was actually at the minimum recommended wattage of 70 watts. The new M triple coil just kept getting better and better flavor, the triple coil has great flavor and edges out the single coil by a large margin.

Changing the wattage settings reduced some notes in the juice I used but increased other notes so if I want a little change I just begin bumping up the wattage.

I also get plenty of warmth from both coils but the triple gives a bit more than the single. One thing I noticed right away was how thirsty the Z Max is. Because of the way the coils are positioned in the chamber ( very low ) you can vape it down to a quarter of a tank before refilling which will be often.

I will list all the pro's of the Z Max but you will notice that there are no cons because I can't find a single con other than it's appetite for juice, but I would rather get a flavorful saturated vape than a dry hit so I'm fine with it's appetite for juice. I've talked about flavor but haven't mentioned vapor production, rest assured the Z Max will cloud up a room in seconds if chain vaped for a short time.

In my opinion this is Geekvapes best sub ohm tank as of this date and I will be ordering more triple coils for it. The Z Max sub ohm tank is a definite winner folks.

20210501_104319.jpg

PROS

* Great Flavor

* Attractive

* Smooth Airflow

* 4ml Capacity

* Easy Open Top Cap

* Large Fill Ports

* Top Air ( No Leak )

* Airflow Ring Can Be Removed

CONS

I would like to thank Allison and Geekvape for providing the Z Max sub ohm tank for the purpose of this review and I also would like to thank the readers of this review and really want to emphasize once again how well the Z Max performed once again.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread