Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello and welcome back for today's review of the Z MTL tank from Geekvape. The Z MTL tank is the latest tank in the Z series of tanks from Geekvape that has a 2ml capacity and uses the A-series of coils. The Z MTL tank is a glass tank with a sharp looking metal cage surrounding it for protection from hard use and falls. Lets check out what the latest Z tank is all about prior to my review.

z-mtl-01-mob.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

z-mtl-album-02.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE TANK

* 1pc Geekvape Z MTL Tank
    * 2pc Geekvape A series coils(pre-installed 0.8ohm, spare 1.2ohm)
    * 1pc User manual
    * 1pc Warning card

GeekvapeZMTLTank-_1.jpg

FEATURES

1. Stylish tank design, two hollow-carved 'Z' to protect the glass tube by the metallic shell
    2. Top-to-bottom airflow system, side air inlets control
    3. Industry-leading Z-level leakproof design, zero-leakage
    4. New Geekvape A series coil for MTL
    5. 2ml capacity, top filling design

PARAMETERS

* Size:22.4 x 55.25mm
    * Capacity: 2ml
    * Resistance: 0.8Ω(12-16W)
    * 1.2Ω(8-12W)
    * Drip Tip: 510 Drip Tip
    * Thread: 510

CAGE PROTECTED GLASS

GeekVape_Z_MTL_Tank_Z_Design.jpg

TOP AIRFLOW

z-mtl-03.gif

TOP FILL

GeekvapeZMTLTank-_6.jpg

LEAKPROOF DESIGN

GeekVape_Z_MTL_Tank_Leakproof.jpg

A-SERIES COILS

GeekVape_Z_MTL_Tank_Coil.jpg

EXPLODED VIEW

GeekvapeZMTLTank-_8.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Packaging is done as most having a box inside a outer sleeve with the tank sitting in it's foam cutout with spares bag, extra coil and paper information in a separate box underneath the tank

The Z MTL Tank is a robust looking tank with it's metal cage protecting the inner glass of the tank, 2 letter Z's are cut into the cage for juice viewing and I think it adds to the look aesthetically in my opinion.

Picking the tank up I wasn't surprised that it had some weight to it because of the protective cage, in a tip over this cage should give very nice protection against breakage.

20210919_081537.jpg

The A-series coils are of the push-in type with no slots to line up but I like to keep a clear path for the airflow to travel to the coil so I line it up with the 3 airflow holes on each side of the tank after priming the coil with a couple drops of juice and then screw on the bottom base cap.

20210919_124745.jpg

The top of the tank unscrews with a quarter turn, 2 large fill ports are on each side. The top cap fits on very secure and has knurling aiding it's removal off the tank.

20210919_132401.jpg

The bottom base cap is your standard cap that has the Geekvape name on it with a don't throw in the trash warning and the tanks serial number stamped on it.

20210919_152149.jpg

The Z MTL Tank uses a 510 drip tip of which you get 2 that are the same, it's a comfortable one to use so I kept it on during testing of the tank. Airflow is provided through dual slots on each side that have 3 airholes all being the same size that can be closed or opened by turning the airflow control ring that has hard stops on each side.

Resistance of the control ring is very good and once set it stays in place, you are able to cut the airflow for each hole in slivers dialing in your preference of a tight or loose draw.

20210919_141433.jpg

20210919_141610.jpg

20210919_133008.jpg

USING THE Z MTL TANK

I would have to categorize the Z MTL Tank as a pretty loose MTL tank as a whole, you can cut each hole down to a sliver opening that helps cutting the draw tightness.

With 1 hole open I was able to cut that hole down to just barely being open to get a somewhat tighter vape but not a sucking through a straw tightness. Having 1 and a half holes open was my sweet spot for airflow.

Airflow is very smooth and quiet using either provided coil and flavor was good after about a half a tank break in for both of the coils, the change of flavor is very noticeable when it breaks in.

Using the pre-installed 0.8 coil mesh coil I was able to get a nice warm vape at 14w with better flavor than the 1.2Ω mesh coil that was cooler at the 12w setting.

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I think Geekvape did a good job with the new Z MTL Tank and would suggest it to a new vaper that has just quit smoking, the A-series coils provide good flavor and would also be a good choice for those vapers that prefer drop in coils over building them.

The tank is very well built and seems strong, the metal cage adds great protection and I like the look with the Z viewing windows.

I think it's a attractive tank and looks right at home sitting on Geekvape's new M100 Mod I just reviewed that is also a winner, if you missed it I'll provide a link below.

GEEKVAPE M100 KIT REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322

20210919_133035.jpg

I would like to thank Allison and Geekvape for providing the new Z MTL Tank for the purpose of this review and I hope my review helped answer any of your questions about it.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread