hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m here again with another Geekvape review. This time I will be doing my best to review what is being called the Z rda. I am slightly confused since the review sample I received has a label on the back that says ZEUS rda. Either way it’s a new rda from Geekvape that was sent to me for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. Honestly I’m not a very big RDA user but will try my best to convey the features of this one and give my opinion and experience.

Clipboard23.jpg

Clipboard29.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* GeekVape Z RDA
    1* 810 Drip Tip
    1* T-shaped Tool
    1* Winding Coil Rod
    1* Spare Parts Pack
    4* Feather Cotton
    4* Clapton Coil

Clipboard30.jpg

IMG-5896.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size: W:25.00mm, H: 33.70mm

Airflow: Adjustable airflow

Coil Configuration: Dual Coil RDA

Drip Tip: 810 drip tip

Color: Black, SS, Gunmetal, Gold, Blue, Rainbow

FEATURES:

• 1. Unique leak-proof top-to-bottom airflow system
    • 2. Dual-coil deck brings easy coil-building
    • 3. Z-level zero-leakage design, adjustable airflow
    • 4. Anti-spit back and low noise
    • 5. GTA decks brings large liquid storage
    • 6. Compatible with BF pin

Geek-Vape-Z-RDA-Features.jpg

Geek-Vape-Z-RDA-Leakage.jpg

Clipboard25-GIF.jpg

Clipboard26.jpg

Clipboard27.jpg

Clipboard28.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The review sample that I received was in a small black two part box with a label on the back that listed the contents. Included in the package besides the RDA was two bags with each containing two .4 ohm Ni80 fused Clapton coils and two cotton threads as well as a user manual, tri-tool, coiling rod, a low profile ultem drip tip and some extra o rings. What was not included and seemed very strange to me was there was not a squonk pin. That really surprised me. I don’t remember the last time I received an RDA without a squonk pin. As you can see in the picture above, it says BF Pin sold separately. What?

The RDA comes with a low profile 810 black drip tip installed with the o rings in the opening instead of on the tip. Below that is the airflow control ring which is held on by an o ring. It is in fact a top airflow RDA with two fairly large airflow slots that will allow for plenty of airflow. The control ring can be easily removed for cleaning. On the main body is the Zeus symbol stamped or engraved in the metal but is the same color as the RDA.

upload_2021-8-4_19-23-30.png

upload_2021-8-4_19-24-11.png

upload_2021-8-4_19-24-34.png

The airflow path on this one is a little different than what I’ve seen. The airflow holes you see on the outside are not seen on the inside. There’s an inner chamber wall that makes the airflow go down the sides and back under the coils. I think this was done to help avoid spitting and from what I have seen it is working. I haven’t had any spitting since I started using it.
    upload_2021-8-4_19-25-16.png

The deck of the RDA is a two post/ four terminal set up. There is an opening under each post that is supposed to allow space for you to trim the coil legs but it’s a little tight and you have to have the right kind of smaller wire cutters to get in there to trim them. To me this is a dual coil RDA but I guess you could try to run it with one large single coil.
    upload_2021-8-4_19-26-16.png

I used one set of the included Ni80 fused Clapton coils that came with it to test the RDA. It might have been nice if they had included one of those plastic coil measuring tools like I’ve received with other tanks in the past. I of course had one nearby and cut my coil legs at 5mm before inserting the coils into the deck. I probably could have gone down to a 4mm but it worked out ok. The cotton threads included were nice and tight in the coils and I was actually able to wick both coils with one thread since it was long enough. I combed out the wick tails quite a bit because the cotton thread was very dense and wanted to get good capillary action on the wicking. The bottom well is fairly deep so you can drip quite a bit of liquid into it. Also with the top airflow and inner chamber you don’t really have to worry too much about leaking. There are two o rings around the deck that make a very good seal and I could pick up my Legend 2 by the RDA and the cap did not budge. On the bottom side of the deck is the Geekvape Z printed and the other normal writing. Once I had the coils installed, my mod was reading .18 on the resistance. I was able to run the airflow about 1/3 open and got a really nice and flavorful vapor at 55 watts. I don’t like a really warm vapor so if you do then you will probably want to turn it up some.

upload_2021-8-4_19-27-6.png

upload_2021-8-4_19-27-26.png

upload_2021-8-4_19-27-43.png

upload_2021-8-4_19-28-0.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Like I mentioned in the beginning of the review, I don’t have a lot of experience with RDA’s but have tested a handful of them and one or two have stood out to me. The Geekvape Z RDA seems to be a really good one. I really like the unique looks of it and the ability to fully disassemble it for cleaning is a nice feature.

The gold plated 510 pin protrudes enough that it should be able to be used on hybrid mechanical mods. The base dimension is 25.5mm and should fit ok on most mods. I used it on my Legend 2 since there wasn’t a squonk pin included in the package.

I thought the build deck was easy enough to build on and I would recommend cutting the legs to length before inserting the coils since the space underneath may or may not allow you to get your cutters in there to trim the coil legs.

I never really care for the short drip tips that are included with some tanks and this was one of them. I almost immediately replaced the tip with my own.

upload_2021-8-4_19-28-46.png

So, would I recommend the Geekvape Z RDA for you? With the limited experience I have with RDA’s I would say that this is a good one and yes I would recommend it due to ease of use and the really good flavor it produced while I was testing it.

I’d like to thank Geekvape and Allison for sending the Z RDA for this review. No matter what they choose to call them, the Z and other Z tanks are always going to mean Zeus in my head. A big thanks to the readers! I’ll see you next time. Below is a link to the Geekvape site if you would like to check it out.

Geekvape Z RDA | Geekvape Z | Geekvape – Pursue a Healthy Vaping Experience. Official Partner of Paris Saint-German

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice, Hitt! I’d be interested to see if you could run it as a single coil. The airflow system is pretty cool!

I might try it this weekend. I just don’t understand not including the squonk pin. I just got two new to me squonk mods and wanted to try this one on them. I asked the Geekvape rep but haven’t gotten a response yet.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I might try it this weekend. I just don’t understand not including the squonk pin. I just got two new to me squonk mods and wanted to try this one on them. I asked the Geekvape rep but haven’t gotten a response yet.
    I don’t either. I’m pretty sure every RDA I have came with them, actually really sure lol, cause I only use them on squonk mods. It would put me off from buying one, but there may be more drippers than squonkers out there. Makes no sense to me

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review Hitt, hope the squonk pin will be included in the final version.

Thanks. I’m not sure since the picture on the site says it can be purchased separately on the store.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review! Nice looking RDA not my thing with the dual coils but I like the deck. A squonk pin would be a big plus.

Thanks. I don’t use Rdas regularly and don’t really use much dual coil stuff either. This one was pleasant to use though.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice!

Am curious why Geekvape didn't include a squonk pin though.. kinda weird. maybe they don't know how many people actually squonk... lol

Great review...

I have to wonder if they are having production issues or can't get the raw materials and still wanted to release the RDA. The supply chains are messed up all over the world. I have several parts that I'm waiting for at work that have been backordered for weeks or months. I had a customer tell me the other day that they were told it would be six weeks to get the sheets of stainless steel that they ordered to make their products.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Thanks. I’m not sure since the picture on the site says it can be purchased separately on the store.

I couldn't find the BF pin on the Geekvape site.

Does anyone know of the actual part name or part number for the BF pin needed for the Z RDA?

Cheers
    I

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I couldn't find the BF pin on the Geekvape site.

Does anyone know of the actual part name or part number for the BF pin needed for the Z RDA?

Cheers
    I

From what I can tell it's not available yet. I contacted the Geekvape rep but have not gotten a response.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Nice review Hitt! The "Zeus" atomizers have been renamed to "Z" likely to revitalize the series. Everyone loves "new" shiny things, and that's a simple way for them to do it.

As you can see in the picture above, it says BF Pin sold separately. What?
    I agree, that's like a penny item in terms of manufacturing cost - why not add the convenience to at least add to the allure? I will not buy any RDA that doesn't have a BF pin simply because I don't plan on ever carrying a bottle around with me. Unless this was THE RDA to get, I'd pass simply because of no BF pin. Maybe if it used a universal BF pin that you can get for pennies at FT.

The airflow path on this one is a little different than what I’ve seen. The airflow holes you see on the outside are not seen on the inside. There’s an inner chamber wall that makes the airflow go down the sides and back under the coils. I think this was done to help avoid spitting and from what I have seen it is working. I haven’t had any spitting since I started using it.
    This is a trademark feature of Zeus (Z) tanks - the top airflow. In regards to the RTAs, it helps in preventing leakage that you see on many bottom AFC RTAs - especially when refilling the tank. I'm not sure who officially coined the top airflow, whether it be GeekVape, or Augvape, or OXVA, but it seems to do the trick.

A big complaint is often the noise of the airflow since it has such a long path before reaching your mouth. How did the airflow noise compare fully open, versus the 1/3 open you were vaping at?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review Hitt! The "Zeus" atomizers have been renamed to "Z" likely to revitalize the series. Everyone loves "new" shiny things, and that's a simple way for them to do it.

I agree, that's like a penny item in terms of manufacturing cost - why not add the convenience to at least add to the allure? I will not buy any RDA that doesn't have a BF pin simply because I don't plan on ever carrying a bottle around with me. Unless this was THE RDA to get, I'd pass simply because of no BF pin. Maybe if it used a universal BF pin that you can get for pennies at FT.

This is a trademark feature of Zeus (Z) tanks - the top airflow. In regards to the RTAs, it helps in preventing leakage that you see on many bottom AFC RTAs - especially when refilling the tank. I'm not sure who officially coined the top airflow, whether it be GeekVape, or Augvape, or OXVA, but it seems to do the trick.

A big complaint is often the noise of the airflow since it has such a long path before reaching your mouth. How did the airflow noise compare fully open, versus the 1/3 open you were vaping at?

I know why they changed the name to Z instead of Zeus but I've been reviewing for them since the original single coil Zeus RTA came out and in my mind any Z tank will be a Zeus tank.

I agree about the squonk pin and have no idea why it wasn't included.

I didn't find the RDA noisy at all or whistling. The reason I mentioned the airflow was because many rdas have airflow openings that you can see from the inside where this one has that inner chamber. Like I mentioned, I don't commonly use rdas so this one was different for me.

I don't know for sure but think that the top airflow thing was first done by Geekvape but I'm not sure of that. Didn't Justin start OXVA after he left Geekvape?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread