hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m back today to discuss yet another Geekvape product called the Geekvape Z50 Kit with Z Nano tank. The Z50 kit is said to be inspired by Ancient Greece but honestly I don’t get it. At least not in the sample that I received. Anyway, The Z50 was sent to me by Geekvape for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. I will also explain the operation of the mod and give my opinions and experience with it. The Z Nano tank that is included in the kit is just a rebranded Zeus Nano tank so I most likely will not go into much detail on it since it has been covered before in at least one other review. I will say that I do like the Nano tank and besides the one I received in this kit I own three more of the originals. In my opinion they are a good drop in coil tank for RDL and DL. You can do a loose MTL also.

upload_2021-6-13_10-35-24.png

z50-07.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Z50 Mod
    1* Z Nano Tank Atomizer (3.5ml)
    2* GeekVape B Series Coil (Pre-installed: 0.3Ω 30~38W, Spare coil: 0.6Ω 15~25W)
    1* Coil Tool
    1* USB Cable
    1* Spare Parts Pack
    1* Spare Glass Tube (2ml)

Geek-Vape-Z50-Kit-package.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimension

84.1*30.7*24.0mm

Capacity

3.5ml

Output Voltage

0.5V~7.0V

Support Resistance Range

0.1~3.0Ω

Battery Capacity

2000mAh

Charging Specification

5V/2A

Low Voltage Warning

3.2V±0.1V

PCBA Temperature Alarm

80℃

Longest Vaping Time

10s

Operating Temperature

0 ℃~ 45 ℃

Storage Temperature

- 20 ℃ ~ 60 ℃

Cooling Mode

Natural Cooling

Color

Silver, Black, Gunmetal, Rainbow

FEATURES:

• 1. A combination of power and simplicity
    • 2. Ancient Greek aesthetic design in golden ratio
    • 3. Well-crafted metallic body with splendid decors
    • 4. Smallest built-in 2000mAh 18650 mod
    • 5. The newest 3.5ml GeekVape Z Nano Tank
    • 6. High dynamic top-to-bottom airflow system
    • 7. Compatible with GeekVape B Series Coil
    • 8. Smoother flavor and stronger throat hit

Geek-Vape-Z50-Kit-feature1.jpg

Geek-Vape-Z50-Kit-feature2.jpg

Geek-Vape-Z50-Kit-feature3.jpg

Geek-Vape-Z50-Kit-feature4.jpg

Geek-Vape-Z50-Kit-feature5.jpg

Geek-Vape-Z50-Kit-feature6.jpg

z50-album-03.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The Z50 kit I received was a retail version and was not in the nice larger box with the orange flip up flap like some of the others I’ve received. It had the outer sleeve with a picture on the front and contents listed on the back like you will see if you buy one. The standard black box was underneath with a lift off top that exposed the rainbow Z50 that I received and the Nano tank and accessories were underneath. I have to admit that I am not a fan of rainbow mods and tanks. I’ve never purchased a rainbow device and probably never will. That being said, the sides of the mod looked more like purple than rainbow but the face where the screen and buttons sit did look very rainbow. I personally don’t love the side panels on this version near as much as some of the other colors than look more like stabilized wood. I do like the new Z logo with a hand holding a lightning bolt that is on the back of the mod and on the inner barrel of the tank.

upload_2021-6-13_10-48-9.png

upload_2021-6-13_10-48-30.png

upload_2021-6-13_10-49-41.png

upload_2021-6-13_10-50-0.png

I like that there is minimal branding on the Z50. The only branding is on the back with the hand holding the lightning bolt and Geekvape Z below that. On the top of the mod is the 510 connector with a gold plated center pin. The tank is an almost perfect fit on it and there is very little room for a bigger tank without some overhang. On the front of the mod is the fire button at the top, display screen below that, the + and – buttons below the screen and then the USB-C charging port for the built in 2000mah battery and charges at 2A. To me the display screen is nice and bright and appears to be very similar to the display on other Geekvape mods. The display shows the following from top to bottom.

- Battery indicator

- Set wattage

- Coil resistance

- Amperage

- Voltage

- Puff counter/ length of puff when firing

Like I said, the menu operation is the same as far as I can remember. However, I will go ahead and list the functions for users that are not as familiar with Geekvape devices.

- Press the fire button five times to turn the device on and off

- Press the fire button three times to highlight the mode at the top then use + and – to switch between Power, TC-SS, TC-TCR, VPC, and Bypass

- Press the + and – buttons to lock adjustments only

- While adjustment is locked, press the fire button three times to lock the fire button as well

- Press the fire button and + or – to adjust the display brightness

- With the mode highlighted after pressing the fire button three times, press + and – to change the color of the display between blue, yellow , red , orange, or green

- To reset the puff counter, press the fire button three times to highlight the mode on top, press the fire button once to highlight the resistance to lock it or press the fire button a second time to highlight the puff counter. Press the + button to zero the puff counter or press the – button to bring back the last puff count.

The Z50 is a pretty small mod but has a decent weight to it with the Nano tank on top. I think it’s comfortable to hold and the fire button has a nice click to it. The menu has a lot of features but if you’ve used Geekvape mods before then you won’t have any problems navigating it. The nice thing is to use the mod you really don’t need to know all of the stuff I listed before if you are just a wattage vaper. Just how to turn it on and off and adjust the wattage.
    upload_2021-6-13_10-52-45.png

upload_2021-6-13_10-53-7.png

upload_2021-6-13_10-53-26.png

upload_2021-6-13_10-54-0.png

I have reviewed the Nano tank in the past so will just spend a little time talking about it. Just like the previous version, it’s a ¼ turn to take the top cap off to fill. I do wish the fill ports were a little bigger but I do very much like the Nano tank and have three of the previous version before the logo and name change. The Nano has quite a bit of airflow for a smallish tank. I usually run the airflow between ¼ and 1/3 open whether I’m using the .6 coil rated for 15-25 watts or the .3 coil rated for 30-38 watts. The Nano uses a 510 drip tip which I find comfortable and like. The top cap is tapered up as it approaches the tip opening so not all tips will look good on it. It uses the B series coils which have been used before on other Geekvape devices. They are a solid coil and I like them. The only real complaint I have on the Nano is the fill ports are a little too small.

upload-2020-10-4-10-5-58.jpg

upload-2020-10-4-10-5-58-1.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I feel like the Z50 is another solid device from Geekvape. I know I mentioned it before but don’t really care for the rainbow color. Other than that I had a good experience using the Z50 and Nano tank.

While testing the Z50 I got to thinking to myself what makes this device different from other mods on the market. After reviewing so many devices in the past I tried to think of what makes this one different that would make me want to purchase one or multiples of the kit. It is a built in battery but that doesn’t scare me off. I’ve got two of the Aegis Mini mods with built in batteries that I got when they were first released an both still work fine. I feel like the design of some of the other colors available are quite attractive so that would be a plus. To me for as small as the Z50 is, the 2000mah battery seems like a good capacity. The screen and menu are good features also.

The Nano tank although just rebranded compared to the previous version, is still a solid tank. It’s nice that the Nano uses the B series coils that are compatible with other devices.

To me the question here is if the Z50 kit is different enough or feature rich enough to warrant your interest enough to purchase one. It is a step away from the Aegis line so that’s a little different. Would I recommend it? If you are looking for a smallish device with a built in battery that you can use either the included Nano tank or any tank with a 510 connection depending on how particular you are about overhang on the tank then yes I’d recommend it from my experience so far.

I’d like to thank Geekvape and Allison for sending the Z50 kit for this review and thanks to you the readers. Below is a link to their website for further review.

Geekvape Z50 | Geekvape Z | Geekvape – Pursue a Healthy Vaping Experience.

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-13_10-48-55.png
      upload_2021-6-13_10-48-55.png
      1.1 MB · Views: 10

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review, but I prefer mods with external batteries. Maybe it's just me but the tank looked too big for the mod.

The nano is a little tall but it’s not too big for the mod. However there is very little room between the edge of the tank and the edge of the mod.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review Hitt, I hate rainbow just as much as you do, thank goodness it's more purple than rainbow.

I’m guessing you don’t want to trade. You know I had a 25% chance of getting rainbow and did. I like the one you got.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread