hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I know it hasn’t been long, but I’m back with yet another review. This time I was sent the Geekvape Zeus Nano tank for review by Geekvape. Along with the Nano, I was sent the Aegis Boost Plus with a 510 adapter to test the Zeus Nano tank on. I will give some specifications on the Boost plus but will not go in depth on it since it is not a new release and has been reviewed many times over and I would think that most people are familiar with the Boost plus by now. I will do my best to do a fair and honest review. Let’s take a look.

Zeus Nano:

What’s in the box?

1 x Geekvape Zeus Nano tank (Pre-installed:Geekvape B series Coil 0.4ohm.25-33W)
    1 x Geekvape B series Coil 0.6ohm.15-25W
    1 x Drip Tip
    1 x Coil Tool
    1 x User Manual
    1 x Spare parts pack
    1 x Spare Glass tube(3.5ml)

upload_2020-10-4_10-5-58.jpg

Aegis Boost Plus:

What’s in the box?

1* Aegis Boost Plus (Pre-installed: G Coil Boost Formula Mesh Coil 0.4ohm 25-33W, 5.5ml)
    1* G Coil Boost Formula (Mesh) Coil 0.6ohm 15-25W
    1* Drip tip
    1* USB cable
    1* User manual
    1* Promotion card & warranty card

Although I have included it in the picture above, The 510 adapter is sold separately. I would however like to see a kit in the future that included the 510 adapter as well as an rba.

Zeus Nano specifications and features:

Size: 22 x 56.55mm
    Pod Capacity: 3.5ml(Spare tube glass 3.5ml)
    Coil: Geekvape B series Coil 0.4ohm(25-33W)
    Geekvape B series Coil 0.6ohm(15-25W)
    Filling Method: Top filling design
    Drip Tip: 510

-Top-to-bottom airflow
    -Excellent leak proof design
    -Combined with Geekvape B series Coil
    -MTL and DTL vaping experience
    -510 drip tip

Aegis Boost Plus specifications and features:

Pod Capacity: 5.5ml
    Output power: 5-40W
    Input voltage: 3.2-4.25V
    Output voltage: 0.1-6.5V
    Minimum voltage: 3.3V±0.1V
    Longest output/vaping time: 10s
    Resistance range: 0.1ohm-3.0ohm
    Dimension: 49.5 x 28.6 x 114.2mm
    Charger voltage: Micro USB 5V/2A
    Display screen: 0.96 inch(TFT Color screen)
    Temperature control: 100°C - 315°C/200°F - 600°F
    Shell material: Plastic + silicone + Leather+ Zine alloy

G Coil for boost and rich flavor
    Adjustable wattage and temperature
    Compatible with Pod, RDTA, and Tank
    Waterproof, Shockproof and Dust-proof
    IP-67 rating for stable and durable use
    Multiple protections for a safe and vaping
    External single 18650 battery(Not included)

First Impressions:

Upon opening the package, I was a bit surprised when I saw the rainbow colored tank. I have never bought or owned a tank or anything else in rainbow. I have come to like it over time. The package included the normal stuff like an extra bubble glass, o rings, user guide, two coils, a coil tool for removing the coil if you can’t pull it out with your fingers, and a desiccant packet. The packet is not for eating. J

I am very happy to report that the Nano uses the same G coils that are used in the Hero, Boost, and Boost plus as well as a couple others. So far they are available in a .4 and .6 ohm coil. I could definitely see a use for a 1.0 or 1.2 coil if Geekvape decided to make them.

The Nano has a similar top cap to the other Zeus tanks where you give it a slight turn to remove it and it exposes the two fill ports on top. I didn’t have any spills but would have liked them to be a little bigger. However, the tank is called a Nano so it kind of makes sense that they are small.

As with previous experience, I found that I preferred the .4 ohm coil at around 25 watts. I found the vapor produced to be flavorful and enjoyable with the airflow set about half open. The Nano, like other Zeus tanks, is leak proof. I did not experience any kind of leaking whether the tank was standing or lying down.

The Nano can be used for DTL or MTL vaping due to the adjustable airflow but I feel like in order to get a true MTL experience that there needs to be a higher ohm coil made available. I was able to do what I would call a loose MTL vape on the Nano which happens to be the way I prefer.

Below are two pictures of the Aegis Boost Plus with the 510 adapter installed. It is a very tight fit and experienced now wiggling whatsoever. It locks into place just like the pod does. With this adapter, the boost plus can be used like any other 18650 mod which I very much like. At first I did find the feel of the boost plus with the adapter and tank on top a little awkward and kept wanting to reach higher for the fire button if I wasn’t looking at it. I’m not sure why that was at first but quickly became used to the feel of it. The boost plus is very comfortable to hold and feel like the Nano and boost plus are a great fit together.

Final thoughts:

I think that the Zeus Nano tank is a welcome addition to the Zeus line of tanks. It gives the option of using the G coils in a smaller tank with the ability to very well control the airflow. It’s leak proof which makes it a carry friendly tank no matter what device you decide to put it on. I very much like the fact that Geekvape has decided to keep the coils compatible across many devices. It can get a little confusing sometimes trying to keep straight which coils go with which tanks. Not to mention that it can be rather expensive trying to stock up on a bunch of different coils.

The tank with the straight glass does seem to empty fairly quickly but there is a bubble glass included that can be used to boost capacity. I have very much enjoyed the Nano tank and would definitely recommend it for others that like small tanks or need a smaller tank to fit on a certain size mod.

I found the Boost Plus and the Nano tank to be a great combination. With the adapter and tank on top of the Boost Plus, it does make it a little tall but really not taller than other mod and tank combinations that I use regularly.

A big thanks to Geekvape for sending the Zeus Nano, Boost Plus, and 510 adapter for the purpose of this review. Also thanks goes out to the readers that actually make it to the end of my reviews. If you would like to take a closer look, below are a couple links to the Geekvape website.

https://www.geekvape.com/kits/zeus/zeus-nano.html

https://www.geekvape.com/kits/aegis/533.html

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review!
    1-Does the adapter work with the original boost, or just the boost plus?
    2 Battery life?

There is an adapter for the boost but different.

Battery life is hard to judge since the boost plus uses an 18650 and they are rated different depending on which you use. Also it depends on other variables like puff length and which coil is used. I found very long battery life with the Samsung battery I used with the .4 coil that I preferred.

Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thank you for the review, well done! Someone posted on one of the store reviews that of it gets upside down, it can really leak - is that true? That didn’t make sense to me, but not having seen one or finding one to buy online, maybe true... ?

Well, I haven’t had it upside down for a long period of time but it spent work days on its side in a desk drawer and I had no leaking whatsoever during my time using it. If you’d like, I can take it off the boost and let it sit upside down overnight to see if it leaks.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2020
    AZ
    No worries, thanks for offering. If it can be on it side it’s fine! Psyched to try one soon.

Well, I haven’t had it upside down for a long period of time but it spent work days on its side in a desk drawer and I had no leaking whatsoever during my time using it. If you’d like, I can take it off the boost and let it sit upside down overnight to see if it leaks.

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Thank you for the review, well done! Someone posted on one of the store reviews that of it gets upside down, it can really leak - is that true? That didn’t make sense to me, but not having seen one or finding one to buy online, maybe true... ?
    probably it does and it would make sense if it does. But why would you keep it up side down?

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    My wife’s latest purse disaster is a fine test of any atty that claims to be leak proof. But ideally, it would never be upside down.
    Maybe spoil her and buy her a purse with a side pocket that won't allow atty's to turn up side down, but your wife has to keep in mind to not put her purse upside down then :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread