GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
From what I have read, most people having spitting issues needed to rewick with either a bit less wick in the coil or thin the tails out a bit before placing in the juice slots.

Hope this helps

The amount of cotton shouldn't have effect on spit back, but the shape of the wick might. IMO, if you have untidy wick, one with hairs of cotton sticking out here and there then you are more likely to get spit back.

Another cause of spit back is too high the coil position. Coil with thick wire also is less likely to cause spit back than thin wire.

If it is not spit back but you get juice suck into your mouth... then may be you have wet your wick too much during rewick... or may be you need to suck it more gently...:sneaky:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It could be. It only happens with heavy chain vaping. I'm trying to slow it down some but it's just tasting soo good.

I'm trying one of the coils that came with it now. What is it?
Don't know, never use them. Have read they are pretty good. Open af a bit when chain vaping, should help.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Hey guys... Would you recommend zeus as a Griffin upgrade? I just want Griffin but in single coil without any leaking issues :D
It was an upgrade for me in every way. I traded my Griffin to someone on ECF for a Zeus. To each his own, but the Zeus has been rock solid for me. If you do decide to get a Zeus and want to see a good building tutorial I suggest you watch DJLsb's video
The build portion starts at about 9 minutes

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
It's an "Alpha Braid Coil" that come with the Zeus from what I read.
I haven't opened my Zeus to see what coil they include with it, but I've bought the GV 'Alpha Braid' coils several times. Run them in my SMM and an RDA or two and they are great coils for inexpensive premades. Will continue to buy them here/there. Been playing a lot recently with different coil and wire types, but I keep a pack of the Alpha Braids around.

TheoGR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
Heraklion, Greece
It was an upgrade for me in every way. I traded my Griffin to someone on ECF for a Zeus. To each his own, but the Zeus has been rock solid for me. If you do decide to get a Zeus and want to see a good building tutorial I suggest you watch DJLsb's video
The build portion starts at about 9 minutes

Thank you so much! How would you compare it to OBS Crius 2? Im between these two and I can't decide!

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Thank you so much! How would you compare it to OBS Crius 2? Im between these two and I can't decide!
I've never used the Crius 2. There are several folks who post in this thread that have several different tanks. @Letitia is the Queen of the OBS Nano but not sure if she has any experience with the Crius 2.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I swear I answered this question yesterday somewhere. Anyway have both Crius 2 and Zeus. Flavor is similar imo. Zeus af is much smoother, C2 is easier to build and surprisingly doesn't leak if wicked well. Personally I still prefer the Nano, I believe I am in the minority in this regard tho.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I recently got a Crius 2. I like it so far. The flavor is about the same as the Zeus but I get a little condensation on the mod since it’s a bottom airflow. No leaking so far. I like the drip tip that comes with it. I’d buy it again if I caught a sale.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    Hey Theo, If you want to trade your griffin 25 plus for a blue zeus (used) pm me.
    your griffin will need to be complete with all spares. Actually this offer is open to anyone really I'm tired of not succeeding everytime I try to Wick this little ........

TheoGR

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 14, 2014
    Heraklion, Greece
    Hey Theo, If you want to trade your griffin 25 plus for a blue zeus (used) pm me.
    your griffin will need to be complete with all spares. Actually this offer is open to anyone really I'm tired of not succeeding everytime I try to Wick this little ........

I have actually lost the peek thingy that makes it single coil so I am forced to use double so it doesn’t leak...

Just ordered Zeus, thank you all for your help, will let you know how it goes !

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    Honestly I don't know what I'm doing wrong with my Zeus they only limited success I've had with it it's when I've used cotton as my wicking material. just as an FYI if you're looking for a great single coil RTA have a look at the OBS engine Nano that thing has been fabulous for me and is stupid easy to coil up and wick.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    I just got through watching Daniels Zeus video and it looks like he's using a huge coil and much more wicking material than what I've been doing so far. so it looks like tomorrow I'm going to try out a 4 mm coil and leave my Wicks a bit longer then what I've had in there before and we'll see what happens.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    I just got through watching Daniels Zeus video and it looks like he's using a huge coil and much more wicking material than what I've been doing so far. so it looks like tomorrow I'm going to try out a 4 mm coil and leave my Wicks a bit longer then what I've had in there before and we'll see what happens.

I am ordering my 5th Zeus today.
    And Yes, I use only 4mm coils.
    Just trim 1/3 of the portion of cotton (make it thinner ) which you will insert into the juice well, I guarantee you a good vape.
    If you want to be more precise, upload a photo of your coil position (side and top view).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread