Geekvape zeus x review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shone

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I received Geekvape zeus x from Geekvape for the purpose of this review.

- Blue
- Gunmetal
- Rainbow
- Ss
- Black
- Red and black

CAFrP5O.jpg

Specification:

- Diameter: 25mm
- Height: 47.8mm with drip tip and 510 pin
- Capacity: 2ml/3.5ml/4.5ml

In the box:

- Zeus x rta
- Spare parts
- coils
- Drip tip
- Spare glass tube
- Tools
- Feather cotton
- 510 drip tip adapter
- User manual
- Warranty card

1N3nabw.jpg

The new version of very popular zeus comes from Geekvape, this one is called zeus x. This is a dual coil atomizer, but still you can use here one coil if you like. Zeus x, as previous versions of this atomizer has top airflow which makes the atomizer leak resistant and this is the main feature of this atomizer. Atomizer comes in very rich package which is nice. In the package you will receive extra 810 drip tip, coils and you will receive some cotton also, so, if you don't have cotton or coils you can use this atomizer when you buy it.
Build quality of this atomizer is very good, threads are great and there is no a single problem with build quality as always. You can see some details on the atomizer, on the top cap you can see some details that helps when you want to take off the top cap, also on the airflow control ring you can see details for easier airflow adjustment and you can see similar details on the base. On the chamber you can see logo engraved and you can see engraved "Zeus", from the bottom of the atomizer you can see some engravings as well.

jyounjT.jpg

gEgnqHD.jpg

Zeus x comes with pre installed low profile 810 drip tip, drip tip stands perfectly in the place and this one is very comfortable for using and it is better than the other one that comes in the package in my opinion. Drip tip in the package has standard look and if you don't like the first one you can use this one, also you can use any of yours 810 drip tips without any problems, in the package you will receive 510 drip tip adapter and you can use any 510 drip tip on this atomizer if you like to use 510 drip tips.

3waPs9U.jpg

Zeus x is a top fill atomizer and as I already said on the top cap you can see some details that helps when you want to take off the top cap, we have really nice locking system here, so you can pretty much fast take off the top cap. Fill holes are decent and you can easily fill the tank.
Atomizer has top airflow so it is hard to make this rta to leak which is the best feature of this atomizer. Under the top cap you can see the airflow control ring and you can see here two airflow holes. On the airflow control ring you can also see some details that helps with airflow adjustment and you can pretty much easy adjust the airflow, what you adjust on one side it will be the same on the another side. There is one o ring that holds the airflow control ring, so you can take off the airflow ring to clean the atomizer which is really good.
Zeus x comes with bubble glass tank and this tank has 4.5ml capacity which is great capacity, I like to use the atomizer with bubble glass tank. In case that you don't like bubble glass tank, in the package you will receive regular glass tank that you can use, this tank has 3.5ml capacity which is again okay capacity. Glass tank stands very nice on the top o ring so if you want you can take off only the base and you can change the coil or the cotton even if you have e liquid left in the tank.

66c4A9j.jpg

This atomizer has 2 chambers and one chamber you can take off. When you take off the chamber you can see airflow holes. On the top side of the chamber you can see 14 holes on two sides in 3 rows. So, on this atomizer airflow comes from the top and goes through honeycomb holes on the chamber to the coil. On this atomizer airflow will mostly hit the top part of the coils and in my opinion it is best to place coils higher. Chamber has really nice conical shape which is good for flavor, also on this part you can see two notches so you can screw the base on the atomizer and that way airflow will always hit the coils directly, very nice designed. On the top part of the chamber you can also see one o ring because of this design.

maxFYYu.jpg

On the build deck you can see four screws from the sides and this is a postless build deck. Deck is designed that way that when you place your coils you can clip the leads from underneath, but on this build deck I first clip the leads and then I place the coils. Building on this build deck is pretty much easy once when you measure the length of the leads. With this atomizer you will receive two coils and cotton which is good. Coils that you will receive in the box are fused clapton coils and one coil has 0.4ohm resistance. When you build on this rta it is very important to measure where to place the coils because of the chamber. On the picture you can see where I placed coils and this is the best position for the coils. When you place the coils and cotton it is important to fluff the cotton especially if you use 3mm diameter coils, on the picture you can also see how I did that. Wicking holes are big and wicking is great.

CWE2Yyi.jpg

9GZldFT.jpg

How this atomizer works and my thoughts:

So, let me start from the design, in my opinion this zeus is the most beautiful zeus from all. Build quality is great, everything is as it should be, threads are good and color is also good. Drip tip that comes pre installed is very comfortable for using and I like to use this drip tip. Filling the tank is very easy, you can fill the tank pretty much fast and with bubble glass tank capacity is very good. Wicking on this atomizer is very good and you can use this atomizer at high powers without any problems. Airflow is very good and because of the design airflow is very smooth. Probably because of the airflow, conical shape of the chamber and because coils are really close to the mouth flavor on this rta is absolutely fantastic, I can tell you that this is the best top airflow atomizer for flavor. Zeus rta is atomizer that is basically leak proof and this is main feature of this atomizer.
If you want to buy leak proof atomizer well designed as this one with great flavor I can suggest you zeus x rta for sure.

Cons:

- As much as I tried to find cons here I can't find anything, this atomizer just works amazing, if I need to pick anything I would only like some tool to measure length of the coil leads for beginners

Pros:

- In my opinion this atomizer looks great
- Build quality is good
- Color is good
- Leak proof rta
- Good top fill system
- Bubble tank and regular glass tank in the package
- 4.5ml capacity with bubble glass tank
- Good wicking
- Chamber has conical shape
- Honeycomb airflow
- Smooth airflow