general advice on mods and tanks needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
NorCal
Currently using a hand-me-down ego w/ 2 vivi novas and 1 kanger t3. decently happy with the vivi's not so happy with the kanger as the first coil leeked a nice puddle into my battery, and even after changing it, it leeked a bit into the airway again.
Iv been researching a good mid price range mod and/or tank system and would love some peoples input.
Weighing options between LavaTube2.0 and Tesla. Kinda skeptical about the tesla since it just came out and would like to see some follow up videos and hopefully a price drop. I'm still looking for a bad or mixed review on the lavatube 2.0
As far as tanks go i feel really under-educated. so far iv been reading up on Phiniacs and JonBoy's tanks. But would love to hear some other suggestions since my budget isnt unlimited

Also are there any sites that accept Paypal as a proper form of payment? So far I haven't seen a single one....

Last edited by a moderator:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
The Lavatube is considered a cheap vv mod but it does the job. It just won't last very long. The vmax is a much better mod but costs a little bit more. The iTaste MVP is a good well built inexpensive vv mod.

Tanks. I'll just copy & paste what I wrote in another post.

I'm not a big fan DCT but I love carto tanks. A few good ones are Phiniac (best), IBTanked, elegance/bella tanks. You prefill the carto then punch 2 holes near the connector end just above the bottom connector with a carto punch and a filler tool. The filler tool is not necessary but it will save your orings and makes it easier to insert the carto into the tank. You can punch the holes first and then fill. It's just a matter of preference. Tanks are great because they hold a lot of juice and keep the filler material wet all the time so there are no dry hits. Once you fill the carto the juice is automatically fed into the carto via the holes you punched. You don't have to do anything more until it's time to fill again.

I prefer Phiniac tanks because the never leak, are easy to fill with the filler tool which you can get on their site, they are made with Pyrex glass so you can use any juice without worry of fogging or cracking the tank. The tanks are nearly indestructible and you can have them decorated with some really cool designs that are sandblasted into the glass. I like the Bella tanks also but they are made of plastic so they can fog or crack and the plastic can leach into the juice. I've never noticed this with mine but other say they have with any plastic tank.

Here you'll find some Lavatube reviews: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=14610509

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread