generic mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

nynvolt

Aug 2, 2014
Placentia, CA, USA
Do they make them? I think a lot of people, myself included, buy clones because they're inexpensive. Not so much for the trade mark.

I have two cloned mods that are fantastic, nice quality and dependable. Great for using at work. I have one authentic and it's superior but it's also heavy and too expensive to knock around.

I would love to find some basic non-branded mods in the sub $40 range.

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
Do they make them? I think a lot of people, myself included, buy clones because they're inexpensive. Not so much for the trade mark.

I have two cloned mods that are fantastic, nice quality and dependable. Great for using at work. I have one authentic and it's superior but it's also heavy and too expensive to knock around.

I would love to find some basic non-branded mods in the sub $40 range.

Yes they do. The most popular one I've heard of is the Smok Magneto that comes is stainless or brass. There's also the Smok Natural and Youde UD UDT V10.

smoktech-magneto-2.jpg

telescopicnatural.jpg

YD-UDT10-2.jpg

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
There are a bunch as Ed mentioned Sigelei makes several Mech mods that are not counterfeits and are pretty decent performers I had a #19 and was pretty pleased with it. A Ton of places carry them and they are around $50.00 also you can check the classifieds authentic used mods are all over the place. Not sure about $40.00 but at $40.00 I doubt you will find even decent clones. Finally if you are on FB there are a bunch of groups that have classifieds on there for both Authentic and Counterfeit mods you might be able to find something in your price range there. Good luck with your search.

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA

OSUkhoas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Stillwater Oklahoma
Honestly from my experience buying a quality clone is key, my generic mods have with failed, or broken but my clones from good reputable dealers like hcigar have lasted and done me very well. My copper vanilla clone being my favorite you might want to look into stuff from them. I think I spent 30 and got a mod that feels better than anything else, I don't own any oringionals so I cannot compare to them, but this is just my 2 cents

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Yeah, for the patient vaper, fasttech is great. As long as one waits for initial reviews and can get a decent determination on the quality. Heck, picked up the Mutant Copper 26650 and the Cerberus 26650 dripper, both for under $40. Should arrive in another week or so.

Main thing on ft to keep an eye on is the "days to ship" Colum, it can be anywhere from 3 days to 18, and this means business days till they get the product and ship it to you. Think my fastest order was 9 days, slowest, 3 months.

Clones are always a crap shoot, quality control is always a concern, one receives more crap clones than great clones, and a few acceptable.

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
Yes they do. The most popular one I've heard of is the Smok Magneto that comes is stainless or brass. There's also the Smok Natural and Youde UD UDT V10.

View attachment 362199

View attachment 362200

View attachment 362201

Second the Smok Magneto it is a really nice affordable mod! I had one and so do several of my friends it is a solid device.

Smok Magneto $35.63 + FREE shipping

$35.63 Authentic Smoktech Magneto Mechanical Mod - telescopic tube at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I've never ordered from fastech but I know many ECF members have so hopefully someone can comment on this. Fastech says it's authentic on their description. I just hear they're slow because of customs, since they're shipped from China, but heard they've gotten better.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
I have an hcigar nemesis and couldn't bee happier with it. Witt using my MVP even. It's branded but that could be sanded off. With wear itll wear off... Atty least my brass, one is. Can still see the fallen angel logo, but the word nemesis is gone. Great threads and I really like the switch as is without the magnet upgrade. Can be found around 30$, but if you find a sale even cheaper. Got mine for 21.50

Via a possessed phone thats autocorrect is just silly

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK

View attachment 362199

View attachment 362200

View attachment 362201

+1 for magneto. They are a really slick mod. I've heard one bad thing about it: if you deal with metal shavings in your line of work/life, they will stick to the magnet. Go figure.
I'm all for clones, these $200+ "artisan made" high price mods are a joke. I understand the time put into concept/design/manufacturing, material costs, etcetera, but when a company rips off a flashlight design and throws a $200 price tag on it, it's infuriating. Especially when labour is so cheap in the respective countries...
IMHO two mods are worth their higher price tags: Provari and Reo.
End of rant.
Disclaimer: not trying to switch thread topic or step on toes. This is my opinion only, feel free to form your own.

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
plenty of cheap stuff on fasttech.
That is true and while others may have had plenty of luck with that lottery of Quality not a single mod I bought off fast tech except a trident clone last more than 2 months before failing or falling apart.. I know I know plenty of others have had more luck than me there but just my experience. Not hating since I certainly see the uses to buy on fast tech for early development as I did.

osmonde

Jun 13, 2014
kenosha
I got the Fastech Magneto and a Tobh clone rda. I am very new to all of this but the set up is decent. pros and cons are,I am making clouds that cause jealousy and it last all day with the chinese batteries I bought (luckily) But I get many,many misfires and nothing sits flush..not even close I could fit a quarter between..do they make some kind of washer I could put between it? when it does hit it is a beast! anybody willing to talk vape with me on this please do..I need direction to make my next purchase something I can commit to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread