Genesis stacked/dual air holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Hy all, I was wondering because I could find exact opinions on this. I am talking about 2 smaller holes one on top of the other and their combined diameters are equal to 1.2-1.3 mm. Does it really produce more flavour than the normal one hole? I know it's improbable that someone tested this on two identical gennys, but I would like to hear an opinion about the difference between 2 holes compared to only one.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
well seeing how its two air streams hitting the wick in two spots i would say it would probably enrich the flavor a little but definitely produce more vapor.

now theoretically, the chance of a dry hit could be greater- as now there is two airstreams blowing on more of the coil drying the coil area faster.

some have double drilled their geni caps and reported better taste and more vapor soo......

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I did that. It was nice. Not enough difference to write home about. I find that dual air holes can have greater effect in a dripper, where the way the air hits a horizontal coil really changes the flavor and throat hit. On a vertical wick, the heat and vapor rise off the wikicoil symmetrically. With horizontal, there's top and bottom and an undercurrent increases TH and acidic/high-note flavors; whereas topflow has a lot of muted thickness to it.

here, the air hole was too low, so I added a diagonally positioned top hole and slanted the wikicoil.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
what varivapr says is spot on, I prefer the density of the flavor on the Phoenix than the Igo (the phoenix having a much smaller chamber)

that said, air holes also play their part (a single .5 mm hole ain't the same as two 1.2)

I drilled a Phoenix & a modified IGO-L with dual holes on the opposite faces of the wall, that way the air stream hits from both sides (or in my current dual coil Phoenix setup, each each a coil, but most of the time I use a single, center, vertical coil with airflow from both sides)

and sometime I just close one of the airholes with the rubber from a carto (the pointy thing boge cartos have on of the condoms), sometimes I just prefer a tight draw

holes.jpg

sk8mdw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Texas
I did that. It was nice. Not enough difference to write home about. I find that dual air holes can have greater effect in a dripper, where the way the air hits a horizontal coil really changes the flavor and throat hit. On a vertical wick, the heat and vapor rise off the wikicoil symmetrically. With horizontal, there's top and bottom and an undercurrent increases TH and acidic/high-note flavors; whereas topflow has a lot of muted thickness to it.

here, the air hole was too low, so I added a diagonally positioned top hole and slanted the wikicoil.

I hope that setup is for big lung hits. If not, send it my way! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread