Genesis style atty @ 2.5-3+ ohms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I know most people are doing 4-5 wraps and getting right at, or slightly under, 2 ohms.. I'm just curious why that seems to be the standard, and what the downside is upping it to 2.5-3 ohms or higher might be..? Less vapor, burnt taste, etc..? My Line 2 is coming in tomorrow, so I was just curious if it was at 1.8, I might have some issues getting decent voltage on my Provari V1 (only goes down to 3.3v..)

Sorry for the basic question, I've just never really seen an explanation for why most genesis style attys are run at 1.5-2 ohms.

Thanks! :D

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I know most people are doing 4-5 wraps and getting right at, or slightly under, 2 ohms.. I'm just curious why that seems to be the standard, and what the downside is upping it to 2.5-3 ohms or higher might be..? Less vapor, burnt taste, etc..? My Line 2 is coming in tomorrow, so I was just curious if it was at 1.8, I might have some issues getting decent voltage on my Provari V1 (only goes down to 3.3v..)

Sorry for the basic question, I've just never really seen an explanation for why most genesis style attys are run at 1.5-2 ohms.

Thanks! :D

I think most use the low ohm on single batt at 3.7V. I vape my Lines at 6 to 8 wraps 32awg 2.6 to 3 ohms at 5 to 6V on VV mods. Much more vaper and flavor. 1.8 ohms at 3.6v is 2amps and 7.2 watts. 3ohms at 6v is the same 2amps but now 12 watts, and twice the vaper. You can't get that wattage on LR carts without getting into battery and Pv current limits and on such a small area like 3 wraps will easily burn the juice.

Last edited:

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I've always being stuck with cartos, I just assumed burning juice had a direct correlation to voltage, since with cartomizers resistance (and surface area) was a constant, and not a variable..

10674037-light-bulb-the-concept-of-idea.jpg

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread