Genny Fam.... Can we talk about the NextGen?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
I have been vaping for seven years, and have experienced all different ranges of genesis style atomizers and hybrid devices. Pretty much any design out there, I've either owned it or used it for a period of time before returning it to the source who leant it to me.

What inspires me to create this thread is my having received my NextGen in the mail 3 days ago. Since then, I have used nothing but that atomizer. While that in and of itself is nothing new (when I get a novel device I tend to use the hell out of it), this one's beyond impressive. It changes the way I see the potential of genesis vaping. It and (sort of) the In'Ax represent, in my mind, the first utterly significant examples of progress as it relates to genesis vaping since the initial design was introduced here on ECF years ago. This atomizer has expanded the capabilities that genesis atties have had, and gives brand new attributes to what a genesis can be.

single through quad airflow with either single or stacked air holes, expandable tank base, multiple AFC style rings, multiple tank materials, high juice capacity 3.4, 5 or 7mL depending on your setup), center wick (allowing for the easiest coil rolling ever due to no obstructing center post, excellent vacuum-style wicking, virtually leak proof (!!!!!!!!) and KILLER flavor. I am just blown. Utterly blown.

Who has one? Whether or not you do have one, what are your impressions of it?
There's no way any future gennies will NOT incorporate many of the elements introduced here with the NextGen - truly, the Next Generation of genesis vaping.

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
Atm, i am not using the NextGen or NextTiny. I have a few clones of both.

I concurr--they do not leak. Great on-the-go devices. You can fill them from the top. Good flavour.

Cons--you have to dry-burn with the wick in place--or just recoil every time you want a clean build. Unless i wrap in a certain direction--my connection at the top gets loose. And the flavour seems 'muted' in the NextGen devices.

Excited about the new In'ax. Looks like a screw-down nut at the pos pin is an option. I think that this will elevate the In'ax genny to the top-notch device that it has the potential to be. The spring captures are about useless, imo.

My devices that i have on rotation--aga t, Line, Temon, and a Nectar that i am perfecting a build on.

When i perfect my Nectar--i will work on my Avocado. Pretty genny!!Nectar flavour is AWESOME when the build is fresh!!

cooper99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
montreal qc canada
Great to see some love for the NextGen's. I am totally a fan of these too and they were all I was using until I tried the Nextiny's. Now they have become my exclusive go-to atomizers. With them I have never been in a better place vaping-wise. Very small sized with a respectable juice capacity, a legit 3.4 mls. I know because I actually measured it with a syringe. No leaking, easy filling, what's not to like? And yes they are clones from FT. I'd love to own authentics but I'm just not in a position to spend that amount.

I'm using 32g twisted kanthal, ribbon Ni200 and Ti and all perform great on my 400 mesh. It's actually easier to set them up for TC because there's little or no fussing with working out hot legs. A drop of juice on the coils to make sure everything is good to go and it's ready to fill. Depending on the juice used I can go from 1-2 weeks before cleaning. For that it's a rinse under the tap and an old toothbrush to get rid of the crud and we're ready for another stretch.

I precut my mesh on an old paper cutter and have enough to last me quite a while. On the Nextgen's they're cut 17.5 mm x 45 mm. For the Nextiny's 13 mm x 45 mm. A good torching before rolling on the little supplied rod thingie, then a few drops of juice and lit with a lighter to season the mesh and then coiled with whatever wire you choose. TBH I'm pretty sure it takes me the same amount of time as coiling and wicking a standard RTA. The flavor, vapor and draw suit my style of vaping very much.

Again, it's good to see that there are other enthusiasts of these out there using and appreciating these little marvels. Somewhere I read (perhaps FB) that VapeWareMods will no longer be producing the Nextiny's. Kinda curious to see what they'll come up with next, the NextWhatever? :)

Reactions: GrowthCurve

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I see a few genny users here and have a question, I use to vape gennys about 4 years ago and really enjoyed them, but since, have transitioned to rta's. As I remember, one thing I use to remember when doing the gennys, was that after 3/4 of a tank, the remaining juice in the tank started getting darker and found myself dumping the remaining juice before refilling. I always just thought it was normal, because of the wick in direct contact with the juice and every time the mod was tilted, juice would climb up the wick and then possibly back down. Maybe if I didn't tilt, this wouldn't of happened, but it just didn't seem normal vaping with my head down. I loved the flavor gennys had, but it seemed to loose this flavor because of the juice darkening thing and wonder if you notice this in these new gennys your talking about?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GrowthCurve

Innova

Mar 18, 2015
Virginia
I'm still kinda new with gennies and haven't really noticed this. I built my micro the other day though and used shorter wicks and have refilled 4-5 times and haven't noticed any darkening. I may try this with a normal size genny and see what happens.
image.jpeg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm still kinda new with gennies and haven't really noticed this. I built my micro the other day though and used shorter wicks and have refilled 4-5 times and haven't noticed any darkening. I may try this with a normal size genny and see what happens. View attachment 544766
Wow dual coil!! That's pretty. Never tried a dual genny because there was no such thing. Do you tilt? I'm thinking with duals, it probably wicks really good

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I see a few genny users here and have a question, I use to vape gennys about 4 years ago and really enjoyed them, but since, have transitioned to rta's. As I remember, one thing I use to remember when doing the gennys, was that after 3/4 of a tank, the remaining juice in the tank started getting darker and found myself dumping the remaining juice before refilling. I always just thought it was normal, because of the wick in direct contact with the juice and every time the mod was tilted, juice would climb up the wick and then possibly back down. Maybe if I didn't tilt, this wouldn't of happened, but it just didn't seem normal vaping with my head down. I loved the flavor gennys had, but it seemed to loose this flavor because of the juice darkening thing and wonder if you notice this in these new gennys your talking about?

Your tank discoloring was more than likely from over handling the mesh wick after being oxidized. You broke up the oxidation and it leech into the tank.

Or after reading your post again was burnt off liquid running back into tank. Gunked coil, poor wick that drained back into tank. If you have to tilt. I found making a wick as solid as possible worked best. Roll so there was no visible center hole...

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaslovik

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Your tank discoloring was more than likely from over handling the mesh wick after being oxidized. You broke up the oxidation and it leech into the tank.
I did nothing but gennys for 2 years solid and honestly don't think that was the case. Now what it may have been was just the oxidation in general. Shortly after I stopped doing gennys, the pulse method got popular but I never tried it. I seen where you just inserted the unoxidized wick and pulse it , so just the area under the coil was oxidized. Maybe with that method, you don't get the back wash , which then darkens juice. I used to oxidize the entire wick but didn't over handle it. Also it could of been that I didn't fill the wick hole with enough wick. The thing then was to keep a nice air space between wick and wick hole and maybe all the vaporized juice and such got down into the tank?

Reactions: EddieAdams

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
That makes sense. I always filled the hole and oxidized the whole wick. Got cloudy liquid once and that was over handling.

I used the extra wide holes on my origen mk2 meant for cotton I believe for mesh. Thing vapes like a dream.

View attachment 544804
How much wattage can that dual genny handle? It's just been a long time and I kind of miss the gennys, especially with these newer type tanks. When I was doing them, it was a single wick in the 1 ohm range at 15 to 20 watts. Now with the rta type tanks I vape (erlkonigin /gem/aqua/ kayfun m3) I vape in the 25 watt range. Just wondering if I got back into it, can I vape that kind of power with the newer gennys?

Reactions: EddieAdams

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
How much wattage can that dual genny handle? It's just been a long time and I kind of miss the gennys, especially with these newer type tanks. When I was doing them, it was a single wick in the 1 ohm range at 15 to 20 watts. Now with the rta type tanks I vape (erlkonigin /gem/aqua/ kayfun m3) I vape in the 25 watt range. Just wondering if I got back into it, can I vape that kind of power with the newer gennys?

That particular build is .5ohm single. Low for a genny. I use it at 25w. It's a 3mm wick though. Seriously like 12"of mesh.

Your numbers are still accurate for gennys give or take. I'm only able to do that because I used the 3mm cotton holes. I guess if I did dual I'd be in the 35-40w range. Mesh doesn't need the same power.

I don't want to hijack the next gen thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: vapdivrr

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
I'm using both, Gen and Tiny. Excellent atty's with excellent flavor. I've been using Genny's since i switched to vape and tried a lots of them. They were all good in their own way but they all had a serious flaw. If not set up really perfectly, they will leak as soon as you put them down in horizontal or upside down. That was bothering me seriously since my job is of that kind that i'm moving around all day and can't keep my eye constantly on how is my atty positioned in my pocket. Finally, VWM came up with perfect design. Although it's not something unseen till now (RSST-C) it's constructed in much more functional form and performs a same or better then most of central mesh atty's up to this day. Both of my are clones, i would buy one if i could but they are too tough to get, and auctions on those things are still skyhigh...

Vaya

ECF Veteran
I'm not talking about clones of the NextGen... I mean, I'll give love for anything, really, but those minor problems (nuts loosening, muted flavor, etc) simply don't happen with the authentic... Felt that needed to be said/represented.

Cons--you have to dry-burn with the wick in place--or just recoil every time you want a clean build.

Sorry but, how is this any different than any other genny?

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
Because your traditional genny w a vertical wick (DiD, Doc Daves, Lines, Agas)--you can remove the wick, dry-burn the coil, clean the wick.

I did not use alot of mesh when i built my NextGen devices. Still, tho--i could not get the coils as clean.

Did not mean any offence to you, or intend to 'hijack' your thread. I do value the NG as 'to-go' rigs, and will prolly resume using them this summer. They are really innovative, and i say this with all sincerity.

With that said--the brass nut screws down. If your wire is exerting a force of tension in the opposite direction--the nut will become loose. Clone or genuine.

Peace--GC, aka DBCooper

Reactions: cooper99

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Before I continue reading more of the replies to this thread, I really wanna ask a question to those who have been successfully using nickel wire in their NextGen's/Nextiny's (have a Nextiny coming end of the week so getting ready :)

Ive tried a 5/6 wrap of 30g Ni200 wire on my NextGen 3 times now, and it just never tastes right. because its wet, I can't tell if I'm getting true hot spots... though, if I am, thats clearly bad because a hot spot on a nickel build = poisonous. Can anyone post pictures of their nickel builds, and perhaps walk me through how they do it? /I've used nickel in the past on different devices and atties, but for some reason I can't get it right on this one.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• 6eck