Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I've had no success with using GB in the Vivi Nova tanks. I've tried version 1 and the latest version 2.5 as well. Has anyone been able to make it work or are we going to have to wait until the new and improved GB gets released?

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Don't be yanking my chain now, Chris.. :)

I'm going to have to renege on a promise of giving both the V1 and V 2.5 to somebody at the next Toronto vape meet on the 10th of July but I am sure he'll understand. :facepalm:

He's a GB lover too, it's just not his ADV.. yet.

Any plans on when it will be available for testing/buying?

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Don't be yanking my chain now, Chris.. :)

I'm going to have to renege on a promise of giving both the V1 and V 2.5 to somebody at the next Toronto vape meet on the 10th of July but I am sure he'll understand. :facepalm:

He's a GB lover too, it's just not his ADV.. yet.

Any plans on when it will be available for testing/buying?

I will never forgive you Dusty /sarcasm

You can keep trying to get me to stick to one flavour but that will not happen any time soon. 13 years with one flavour was enough for me :lol:

But seriously I do love GB and some other flavours just the carto death was a little too much for me, I was only getting 24 hours at best before it was just nasty. So I too am looking forward to this.

Yinzer

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Pittsburgh
I have been running 20%, 36MG GB in an EMDCC. 4.8 volts, Ego Twist. Not chain vaping it. Probably 2ml - 3ml on days when I use it. Draw gets tight at about 6 days, with some noticeable gunk on top, flavor goes quickly on day 7 or 8 (burnt taste). I chain vaped one carto with GB in it, done in about 6 days. Not too bad, worth it for the first few days of GBliss.

Had GB in a high resistance vision clearomizer (bought from altsmoke) for a week. Vaped at about 4.2 volts. Didn't hurt the polycarb at all. AMAZING flavor.

The vapor is noticeably...smoother...than original GB. Tastes and vapes, I dunno, "cleaner."

Kind of unrelated, how the hell do you make caramel popcorn? Out of all the juices I bought from you guys, this one doesn't hurt cartos at all. Even apple cinnamon and AC, both pretty clear, wear down my cartos quickly compared to CP. I had CP in an EMDCC, chain vaping, for over two weeks before the draw got a little tight and the flavor slightly off. I couldn't gotten a few more days. Does it maybe have something to do the sweetener? I noticed CP isn't very sweet. I'm considering CP as my ADV, just for the simple fact it's gently on equipment and tastes great at any voltage. High volts, and the caramel flavor pops. Lower volts, and the butter flavor pops.

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
Interesting here. Sounds like the Chinese are finally starting to use a better polycarbonate. GB used to be certain death to clearo's and tanks. Caramel pop is just one of those Geoff classics. Never been an all day vape for me, but I always keep a bottle in my library, and kinda funny, I never thought about it but it is pretty gentle on cartos.
Chris

Yinzer

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Pittsburgh
Interesting here. Sounds like the Chinese are finally starting to use a better polycarbonate. GB used to be certain death to clearo's and tanks. Caramel pop is just one of those Geoff classics. Never been an all day vape for me, but I always keep a bottle in my library, and kinda funny, I never thought about it but it is pretty gentle on cartos.
Chris

The EMDCC dulls the flavor of the CP a bit. Has one heck of a TH though at 4.8 volts, 36mg. Eye and nose stinging.

I've found the CP flavor shines in a low-res clearo (vision) at 4.6 volts. The caramel just wakes up. I've ordered two custom flavors, both with caramel, just to try it in some different mixes.

Ordered some T2 clearos. I'll report back after running some GB through it.

proxy

Oct 25, 2009
Mountain House, CA
Well, yesterday a customer came into the store, using GB 24/30/sweetened in a vivi nova vision (latest model). Said after two weeks, all is good. Anybody else wanna chime in on this?
TVChris

Yup, that was me. It's been another week and I'm still using the same tank with the same GB 24/30 sweetened and it's still good. No cracks or anything. In fact, it hasn't even turned the plastic tank cloudy.

The only minor issue I've seen is that the atomizer heads get a bit gunky and have to be swapped out after about a week. But that's not really a huge deal. Those heads are only a buck something each unless you want to rebuild them yourself. I've got 100 ft. of Kanthal wire and a ton of cotton wick, and it takes about 5 minutes tops to rebuild them.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I gotta say, I'm just going to let Chris take the lead on these gadget related questions. I'm not really into the gadgetry of it all. I've mentioned it before and people asked "well if you're not into the electronics end of things, why are you running an ecig business?" Well, I'm NOT running an ecig business. I manufacture liquids. I'm more into the experience of vaping, the flavor and keeping the electronics end of things as simple as possible. For me, the gadget ends of things aren't as important as the experience itself. But people like their gadgets. I'm glad we have Chris on our staff so I don't have to scratch my head when these kinds of questions come up.

Okay, I AM scratching my head, but I'd rather have someone trying to be more experience in this area, answer your questions.

You want to talk liquid, flavor, all that stuff...I gotcha there!

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Yinzer.... from the graphs I have seen (see the PBusardo twist review on UTube), the twist will not go above 3.7 volts at low res (1.5 ohms) regardless of what you set it at. If it did, at 4.6 volts, you would be talking almost 12 watts and, if you lit up at that level for a moment you might just think the old steel mills were still going in Pittsburgh and you had just gotten a wiff, but in fact it would be your juice (and maybe your tank or clearo) burning.

I just picked up a twist myself and, comparing it to a normal ego, at higher voltages you get more vapor but not much more flavor (and maybe less) so, I just might stick with normal ego (and 1.7/1.8 ohms). Right now, hard to say. My test vapor is TV German Chocolate Cake, on a 2.4 ohm vision V2 clearo head (normally I use the 1.8 ohm heads but using the 2.4 ohm head so I can test at higher and lower voltages).

The only problem I have had so far with the vision V2 clearos (the ones with the replacable heads) is the cinnamon based juice.... melting the mouthpiece and maybe fogging up the tube. I would think you would pretty much get the same with AC and any other juice with heavy cinnamon. Oh, yeah, TV Cafe Mocha only made it through one 6 ML bottle (actually, didn't quite make it even through that one) before clogging up the head but, was pretty much what I expected (new head in there now).

Zaratoughda (Pitt '76)

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Geoff... I currently got German Chocolate Cake, Cafe Mocha, Black Licorice, Caramel Popcorn, Mint Chocolate Chip, Ultimate Vanilla, TV Cherry Cola, and of course, Cherry Menthol Eucalyptus Cough Drop, all on Vision V2 clearos at 1.8 ohms.

AC, Geoff's Blend, Blueberry CheeseCake, and Bananas Foster, are all on the waiting list for a carto to open up.

Nice to be able to pick and choose whatever one is in the mood for.

So yeah, good idea to have TVChris keep an eye on what is going down here, with these things having exploded over the last couple of months with official Vision V2s, licensed Vision V3s, and various clones out there... you name it.

Z

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread