get rid of old flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjg123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Riverside, CA
what are your guy's suggestions on getting rid of old flavors used on your atty. I bought vanilla and cappuccino and for a long time i could still taste the old flavors from the other tanks on my Ego-T. Any suggestion on getting rid of that old flavor? i blew out most of the old liquid as best i could but it still has some remnant of the old flavors. As a newbie to e-cigs i still havent found that flavor that im gonna be able to vape for a while so im tending to switch flavors almost every tank.

VaperEd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Disney Land
Here is a ECF link to a cleaning process for atomizers that works well for me ( Link ). It gets rid of the cappuccino,vanilla and cinnamon flavor residuals for me. There are many methods for cleaning atomizers in this forum so if the one I offered is to extensive you may want to search around and find one more suitable for you ( Link ). I also vape (without inhaling) a few drops of pure pg through the atomizer for the lighter flavors and that seems to help also. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
what are your guy's suggestions on getting rid of old flavors used on your atty. I bought vanilla and cappuccino and for a long time i could still taste the old flavors from the other tanks on my Ego-T. Any suggestion on getting rid of that old flavor? i blew out most of the old liquid as best i could but it still has some remnant of the old flavors. As a newbie to e-cigs i still havent found that flavor that im gonna be able to vape for a while so im tending to switch flavors almost every tank.
Vape 0.5ml of no nic pg or vg through them. I don't clean atties. You may want tio wash your tank in hot H2O though.

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you have unflavored PG or VG liquid, vape 0.5 ml through the atty, like Switched suggested. Often, this will greatly reduce or eliminate any residual flavor.

If that doesn't work or you don't have unflavored juice, you could try rinsing the atty with lots of hot water from the tap and then soak the atty overnight in alcohol (vodka, pure grain alcohol like Everclear) or even in coca-cola. This should do the trick.

Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread