Get this out there! USPS has "Age Restricted Mail"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
Just found this out. USPS has an age restricted mail, it's signature requirements are that the person signing must be 21+ years of age with an ID. Here is the USPS code:

[h=2]
Adult Signature[/h][h=3]
Basic Information[/h][h=4]9.1.1 Description[/h][3-3-14] Adult Signature service provides electronic confirmation of the delivery or attempted delivery of the mailpiece and signature of the recipient, who is 21 years of age or older. Prior to delivery, the recipient must furnish proof of age via a driver's license, passport, or other government-issued photo identification that lists age or date of birth. The USPS maintains a record of delivery (including the addressee's signature) for two years. The Adult Signature options are:
a.Adult Signature Required — provides delivery to a person who is 21 years of age or older. Upon delivery, an adult who is 21 years of age or older must provide one of the forms of identification listed above and provide a signature for receipt of the mailpiece.
b.Adult Signature Restricted Delivery—provides Adult Signature Required with theadditional restriction of limiting delivery to a specific addressee or authorized agent who is 21 years of age or older. If the specific individual is not 21 years of age or older, the mailpiece will be returned to sender.
[h=4]9.1.2 Obtaining Service[/h][3-3-14] Customers may obtain Adult Signature Required and Adult Signature Restricted Delivery by producing qualified shipping labels with Intelligent Mail package barcodes. See 1.0 for available classes of mail and combination of other extra and additional services. The Adult Signature Required or Adult Signature Restricted Delivery fee must be paid in addition to the correct postage using; Click-N-Ship, PC Postage, Permit imprint (if the customer electronically submits postage statements and mailing documentation) or IBI postage meter. Conditions in 8.3.1 and 8.3.2 also apply to Adult Signature Restricted Delivery items.

It's a service that may help us fight all the bans state, city governments want to put in place! The fight begins........

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Yes. This has been known for some time and I think if you order high ticket items like wine through the mail it is used. The problem with our industry is we don't normally spend that much and the cost of this service (which is passed along to the buyer) would bloat the final price.

Plus, it's a pain in the azz if nobody's home during delivery.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
Yes, Kodiak, I do agree it is a pain, but I was really talking about getting the word out to all the meddling governments, state and local, that are trying to ban e-liquid sales to adult people because the "candy" flavors are attracting kids. If, the only way to get juice is by mail with "age restricted" mailings in some states or cities, then, it is better then not getting juice at all. And since, the "age restricted" mail is already working for wine, it may help to KEEP the supply in our hands, so to speak. New York is considering a total ban on juice. Florida is actually trying to stop the mailing of juice.(My local Miami store manager was actually happy about that one.) The "age restricted" mailing needs to be pointed out to those that are SO concerned about the kids getting juice. We need to fight bans and restrictions on all fronts and use all means to keep our supply lines open.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Yes, Kodiak, I do agree it is a pain, but I was really talking about getting the word out to all the meddling governments, state and local, that are trying to ban e-liquid sales to adult people because the "candy" flavors are attracting kids.

Hey Mgal! :)

You are being hoodwinked by all the "save the kiddies" flavor crap being spewed by anti-vaping zealots. That mantra is merely a front for a deeper agenda rooted in genuine hatred for smokers and vapers alike. They really don't care. We are a just subculture that these sanctimonious basterds are hellbent on eradicating and they'll attempt to do it any way possible. Then there's all those with potential financial losses to minimize that are cheering them on. (Tobacco, Pharmaceuticals, State Governments).

Even if you prove to ANTZ that minors have zero access to e-cigs they'll just regurgitate some silly-assed second-hand vaping statistics and find all kinds of eGo battery explosions. Maybe even a dog that chewed up a bottle of 36mg nic and died running from Chicago to LA nonstop. They'll always find something newsworthy. And if they can't... they'll just make it up. :D

Note: I'm not a tin-foil hat loon. Really I ain't :)

Best thing to do is write your local, state and federal political officials. Incessantly. Also, vote early. (and often if you live in Ohio where this seems to be allowed).

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Hey Mgal! :)

You are being hoodwinked by all the "save the kiddies" flavor crap being spewed by anti-vaping zealots. That mantra is merely a front for a deeper agenda rooted in genuine hatred for smokers and vapers alike. They really don't care. We are a just subculture that these sanctimonious basterds are hellbent on eradicating and they'll attempt to do it any way possible. Then there's all those with potential financial losses to minimize that are cheering them on. (Tobacco, Pharmaceuticals, State Governments).

Even if you prove to ANTZ that minors have zero access to e-cigs they'll just regurgitate some silly-assed second-hand vaping statistics and find all kinds of eGo battery explosions. Maybe even a dog that chewed up a bottle of 36mg nic and died running from Chicago to LA nonstop. They'll always find something newsworthy. And if they can't... they'll just make it up. :D

Note: I'm not a tin-foil hat loon. Really I ain't :)

Best thing to do is write your local, state and federal political officials. Incessantly. Also, vote early. (and often if you live in Ohio where this seems to be allowed).

I just had to say I really enjoyed reading that. You said it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread