Getting a 20700 squonk soon never built for a mech will this build work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Using some. 2 tiger coils ka1 will this work fine on a mech? Never used or built for a mech

Tho I do know how to see the amps needed for the battery just never did mechs before

If you are going to use a mech mod this should not be a question you have to ask. You really should already know the answer. You need to educate yourself before you get hurt.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If you are going to use a mech mod this should not be a question you have to ask. You really should already know the answer. You need to educate yourself before you get hurt.
Meh. Conditional maybe. It’s not like he isn’t asking questions. You DO need to know how they work, but it’s not exactly complicated. Plus the thing is already in the mail. Dire warnings about how badass mechs are does little and are often overblown.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Never used steam engine never wrapped coils I like fused Claptons normally vape at 85 watts with .2 .3 in my reload

I want to learn someone recommend me a spool so I can start learning please be patient I'm a slow learner

Never heard of heat flux

I tried to use vape tool but I've never built my own coils just buy ore mades

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Never used steam engine never wrapped coils I like fused Claptons normally vape at 85 watts with .2 .3 in my reload

I want to learn someone recommend me a spool so I can start learning please be patient I'm a slow learner

Never heard of heat flux

I tried to use vape tool but I've never built my own coils just buy ore mades
You don’t want fused Clapton’s in a mech. It will take too long to heat up and cool down. Bought coils will have an ohm rating. I suggest buying two 1 ohm single wire coils which will give you .5ohm together. You don’t want to go too low with a mech.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
So confused why .5? Safety margins?

I see Claptons on mechs on YouTube I have a dead rabbit I'm not buying another rda i don't care about battery life i carry about flavor no low watts build has ever given me that vape i enjoy

I want to learn to wrap but I don't even know where to be seems more complicated then everything else I've learned

Will these demon killer tiger coils work with the ijoy20700 or will it be a cold slow ramp up vape

I'm tired of buying premades I'm tried of experiment with different types of coils

I like a warm dense vape that's all I know most my builds lately been. 2 Claptons at 85 watts

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
When you’re saying you like dual claptons at 85W I assume that’s on a regulated mod. You don’t specify what the resistance of that build is, but is pretty much needed for any mech build. You can use prewrapped coils, but you need to measure the resistance yourself, not rely on what’s marked on the box. There is too much variation to blindly accept that. Then you have to calculate the amp draw to see if it’s safe.

After you’ve done that you can worry about how will it vape. The higher the coil mass the longer to heat up. Big coils look cool on a mech but take time to heat so no press the button and instant hard hit.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think that if you don't know the resistance of the coils, that would be the first thing to find out. Eskie is correct about measuring them on an ohm's reader and/or a regulated mod to see what ballpark you are in. If it's dual coil, well, build your deck on an ohm's reader to test fire the build check for hotspots and etc. Even premade coils will have slight resistance changes yes.

I don't know about flavor with exotic coils but I'd probably recommend a single build deck with a simple wire at around 0.5 just to get a feel for how it performs (and what your batteries are matters too, a great deal, which you haven't mentioned, I don't think, forgive me if I am incorrect) and to get a feel for mechs generally. 0.5 is a good build because it will hold up while your mech is hitting hard when the battery is full but still give you a good margin of safety, is how I best understand it. Nothing wrong with going lower and using more exotic builds once you get a feel for your mech. Could always use thicker wire to give you a bit more of that "fullness" feeling as you start out.

Just my thoughts as always.... But, why not start slow and work your way up? It's really the best way to do ANYTHING new, IMO. Starting well-within safety parameters....what could be wrong with that?

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So confused why .5? Safety margins?

I see Claptons on mechs on YouTube I have a dead rabbit I'm not buying another rda i don't care about battery life i carry about flavor no low watts build has ever given me that vape i enjoy

I want to learn to wrap but I don't even know where to be seems more complicated then everything else I've learned

Will these demon killer tiger coils work with the ijoy20700 or will it be a cold slow ramp up vape

I'm tired of buying premades I'm tried of experiment with different types of coils

I like a warm dense vape that's all I know most my builds lately been. 2 Claptons at 85 watts
Yep. With a .5 it doesn’t matter what batteries you have. You won’t blow up. Exotic coils on mechs DO work, they just don’t work very well. That rig will get you vaping. You can worry about maximizing your cloud chasing potential later.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I doubt the coils you have will work very well. but, as I said before, never worked with them.

if you want something with a quick ramp up, dense clouds, and good flavor, try two of these:

$3.82 E-XY 316L Stainless Steel Pre-coiled Coil (100-Pack) - 24 AWG / 0.51mm dia. / 0.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I don't know what the AMP limit of your battery is, so double check and make sure it's safe. two of those will come out to .25ish ohms, or 16ish amps with a freshly charged battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread