Getting a 20700 squonk soon never built for a mech will this build work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Most my Claptons are .2 .3s

Will be using ijoy20700s 5 post

But what's in my dead rabbit are kanthal tiger coils at .237

Doing the math it's 18 amps so I should be good?

Fire those coils at 58 watts on your regulated mod and that will give you an idea how they will perform on your mech mod.

Last edited:

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
So won't be a vape i like then more likely what gauge of round wire should I get what material?

I like 26 awg stainless steel. it's pretty easy to work with, quick ramp up and cool down. for single coils, you could get some 24 awg SS. or if you want to play around with higher ohms, I use a lot of 29 gauge kanthal.

it's pretty cheap, so I'd get a couple different sizes and types of wires in 100ft spools.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You don't know what you are going to like, honestly, until you try it. Mechs are different. Don't assume you won't like it, you certainly might. SS or Kanthal (probably kanthal would be my recommendation, due to the fact that SS does change slightly in resistance once heated, usually not by a LOT, but there's no reason not to use Kanthal since you don't need temp control on a mech.

As far as a build, I did a quick search on gauge/resistance/etc and found this, thought it might be somewhat helpful: Different Kanthal Wire Sizes, What does Wire Sizes Mean?

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Not if you want to keep it steady as you are getting to know how your mech vapes. Sorry to be so pesty about it, but you probably want to find out what a 0.5 build is like without things like resistance changes muddying the waters, the changes that will occur will be with your battery as it drains and you want to get a feel for THAT, I'd think, hence the "easy simple build" thing....

Just my thoughts as always.

Anna

Reactions: Don29palms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread