Getting a Vari. Questions on colors/cartos n tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiggas

Dec 15, 2011
New York
I'm getting a Provari for christmas!!
Now, does anyone know why the regular Provari ships in 3 to 5 days whilst the chrome silver takes 3 weeks? And the black chrome takes 9 days.
Any insight as to why the original ships out so quick? Is it because the original is kept in stock? They wouldn't ever send refurbished Provaris out to new customers would they? I really hope not.
For the Provari users, when you first got your Provari mod, was it aesthetically perfect? Since mods are made basically by hand, are there any imperfections when you got your Provari? I remember my first GLV2 mod was MEGA bad.
Also, which color should I get? I know most of you will probably think..color doesn't matter at all and it's your decison, however, it does matter because the satin silver mod scratches REALLY easily. So I'm DEFINITELY NOT buying that one. I spoke to a person online and he has the satin silver, he NEVER takes it out or put it in any pockets or cases. However, the mod STILL looked scratched up like crazy. It's like the back of an iPod. And we all know the backs of iPods are horrible. So satin silver is DEFINITELY out of the color choices. So is the gold, for obvious reasons.
My thought is..since the silver CHROME scratches easily, won't the black CHROME also scratch easily? And please, do not say that because it's black it won't show. I want to know if it gets scratched regardless of the visibility. So, black provari users, please let me know if yours is scratched.
There's also a chance to get a blue led and button for a limited time. Should I go for it? Its 15 extra dollars...I really dont understand why they sell everything so expensively..The endcap is 20 bucks..black and silver chrome endcap is nearing 25 bucks.. ridiculous.. So Provari users, what do you think of your stock orange/red light colors? Is it aesthetically pleasing to you? If i do get the blue lights, I'm thinking that itll look the best on the black provari, I doubt that the original satin silver mod would look nice with a blue led..the orange/red led would probably look best for the original. However, tell me if im wrong. :)
And also, what cartomizers should I use for the vari? Please don't say 2.8~3.2 ohm cartos...I know that already, go into specifics. Which do you prefer to use on the vari? Any tanks in suggestion? Is there a Boge tank out there? I probably won't use a DCC tank on this..What clearomizer tanks are new on the market and work well?
Thanks a bunch guys and gals.

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
I Have a Satin Silver that ive owned for 3 Weeks and im Very rough on it. Its barely been set down. Not a blemish or scratch on it thus far. The build quality was Perfect on arrival. I could not find any blemish or imperfection. The Blue led is a total waste. you wont spend enough time looking at the LED to make it worth the extra 15$ in my opinion. These are the tanks/cartos i use on mine and ive been very pleased with the performance so far. HV Chibi Tank Mod (boge 3.0)

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
Yes, I would think the difference in shipping times is a stock issue. No, I don't think ProVape sells refurbished mods as new.

I have a satin silver that I've owned since Sept. and it's still in great condition. Yes, it has scratches but you can't see them unless you really look for them. I toss this thing in my purse and pockets all the time. The bottom of the end cap is very scratched up from setting it down on my desk, but again not a problem for me and all three have the same end cap so nothing much you could do differently there unless you bought the extended end cap I guess, which is also probably going to get scratched up by sitting it down.

I also own chrome ProVaris, one with the blue led. Yes, it's pretty. I'm just not sure it's $15 worth of pretty. My oldest chrome one is 5 weeks old and it already is showing some scratches. Again, not many though and you can't see them unless you really look. If you're really set on the blue led, I've seen pictures of all three with the blue, and they are all equally pretty. Then again, I think the red ones are just as pretty. I like red though, it's my favorite color. One thing to note, since the display doesn't light when you're vaping, only when you're making adjustments, you hardly ever see the color. Well, the button lights up too...

In my opinion, the satin finish is going to hold up the best of the three. I'm about to buy a black chrome one though, so I guess I'm going to find out first hand how true that is.

All four of my ProVaris were perfect right out of the box. No imperfections at all.

I use Boge 3.0ohm cartos in Lil Mama tanks on all my ProVaris. This is a winning combination for me.

Good luck and congratulations, you're going to love the ProVari when you get it.

Last edited:

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
I've bought 3 provaris all perfect new condition.They are top nptch not gonna sell you referb.I have satin and black chrome,the satin goes every ware with me no scratches very durable finish.My black usualy don't leave the house also good finish but it is black so of course more carefull with it.The black is a more slippery finish then the silver also showes more prints though wipes wright off easy.I keep them waxed for protection.If i were to get just one it would be the satin silver.I also feel no need for the blue led i have my button set to ff so it don't light up ,les battery usage then.
As far as cartos i only use dc 2.0ohm and higher no need for lr you will then be limeted on volt settings and or causing error codes.This holds true with all types of cartos and attys.Get 2.0 ohm up they all can verry in ohms + - .2.

kiggas

Dec 15, 2011
New York
& WOW mustang! FOUR Provaris?!?!
Are they all silver chrome??
since you have four I would've figured you would have one of each color.
Knowing that you don't have the black makes me so curious as to why you have four...why is that??
& why do you think the original provari color will hold out the longest?
Is that because it doesn't have an underlying paint coat like the other varis?
let me know why you bought 4 silver chrome varis..very interesting indeed.
You are LOADED lady! buying 4 varis ALONE costs $640!! And thats without buying extra batteries and chargers, although you dont need to but its probably best to get at least one battery for each individual vari.
Where do you buy your boge HR cartos? Have you ever had a boge carto that was different from one another? Ive bought dual coil cartomizers from about 8 different vendors and they ALL varied from each other. Throat hit, vapor production and flavor was always different from each vendor..it seemed like the more expensive it was, the better..haha
I'm planning on getting 1, 18490/500 battery and one 18650 battery and MAYBE a 2500 battery if I have enough money in the end haha. BTW does the 2500 batt use the same 18650 endcap? I really hope so..
Is it also a high drain battery like the other battiers?
I read a review and this guy who had a vari said that he bought his charger on the vari site, and it was a NICE charger, said it charged his vari batteries in 30 minutes. It was a soshine fast charging charger. It looked really nice and it also had alot of indicator light and a opening case cover. The charger on the site NOW is a bland looking charger that doesnt look like much. It also costs more than the soshine charger. Was the soshine charger available on the vari site at some point? Is the stock charger on the site now as good as the soshine charger that was available for purchase? I looked into the soshine charger and it doesnt tell what types of batteries it chargers so im not gonna buy it unless I know it charges the vari batteries. What charger do you guys have??
I'm using a 750mah AW ICR123 battery on my GLV2 supermini. & that lasts me a little more than a day, maybe a day and a half on average. I dont understand how some people nearly kill 18650 batteries in literally 2 days...thats like smoking the damn thing every 5 seconds! Just spitballing on the times..lol.

kiggas

Dec 15, 2011
New York
I've bought 3 provaris all perfect new condition.They are top nptch not gonna sell you referb.I have satin and black chrome,the satin goes every ware with me no scratches very durable finish.My black usualy don't leave the house also good finish but it is black so of course more carefull with it.The black is a more slippery finish then the silver also showes more prints though wipes wright off easy.I keep them waxed for protection.If i were to get just one it would be the satin silver.I also feel no need for the blue led i have my button set to ff so it don't light up ,les battery usage then.
As far as cartos i only use dc 2.0ohm and higher no need for lr you will then be limeted on volt settings and or causing error codes.This holds true with all types of cartos and attys.Get 2.0 ohm up they all can verry in ohms + - .2.
thanks for your input as well!!
do you have one of each color? why did you buy 3 of them? what charger do you have? do you think the black chrome provari is more prone to scratches and nicks like the silver chrome? how did you wax your varis??
do you use tanks on your provaris?
I feel like tank systems really tops off the provari on looks.
A skinny little pint sized carto or atty doesnt blend in as well as a nice sized tank, especially if it has the same diameter as the provari. I feel like if i get a tank placed on my vari that matches the tank in size perfectly, it looks alot better.
it really looks kinda bad to me if you put a tiny little atomizer on the threaded connection..it looks off to me haha.

kiggas

Dec 15, 2011
New York
Im stuck between the fence between a satin silver or a black chrome.
However, I will think about the silver chrome since all of you posters have one and love it.
I just hate the thought of it scratching up from me not doing anything, just from it being a shiny silver color.
Im probably going to get a case for my vari, something like a seude case inside so it doesnt scratch up from change or my phone once i place it back into my pocket.
im pretty excited for this mod and i havent been excited about ecigs for a while now since i stopped buying anything for glv2 since im low on cashywhasy..lol

the satin silver looks REALLY generic...like SUPER generic so a blue light might be a little addition to step it up. since most vari users dont have it. but i dont even know if the light will be what i like..itd looked better in black in my humble opinion. i just gotta choose which one would suit me better..but honestly, if one of them has better durability im definitely going for that one. no matter how it looks cause im all about longevity here. thanks again guys and lady.

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I believe the black and chrome Provaris take longer to ship because the finishes aren't done "in house". They are sent out for plating. I have two of the standard satin finish, and have had them for months. Both look like I just took them out of the box. Not a mark on either of them.
As for cartos, I use Fluxomizers and Vision Extremes from gotvapes.

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
thanks for your input as well!!
do you have one of each color? why did you buy 3 of them? what charger do you have? do you think the black chrome provari is more prone to scratches and nicks like the silver chrome? how did you wax your varis??
do you use tanks on your provaris?
I feel like tank systems really tops off the provari on looks.
A skinny little pint sized carto or atty doesnt blend in as well as a nice sized tank, especially if it has the same diameter as the provari. I feel like if i get a tank placed on my vari that matches the tank in size perfectly, it looks alot better.
it really looks kinda bad to me if you put a tiny little atomizer on the threaded connection..it looks off to me haha.
I only have 2 now sold one after having a vari the others don't cut it, top mod out there to me after over 2 years vaping.
I have used tanks yes they look nice but i don't like the trouble of using them.I get the xl,xxl,xxxl dualcoil cartos and top off as needed easy less muss.Ya i think the black could be more prone to scratches though mine don't have any it's a very good finish on them.I use meguires gold class wax on my varis works very well nice coat of protection as on my cars.

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
I Carry My Vari in this. Amazon.com: CLC Custom LeatherCraft 5-Pocket Cell Phone/Tool Holder - 1105: Cell Phones & Accessories It holds the Vari With a Chibi Tank on it. Juice bottles. Spare bats, Spare cartos, Spare drip tips, And room for more.
vari.jpg

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
I have two satin silver, and two chrome. I have four because I like to have a lot of PVs going at one time. I'm not loaded, although I wish I was. So far I haven't saved any money from switching from analogs to e-cigs, but I haven't spent more either. I smoked a pack and a half a day at $6 a pack. I could buy a brand new ProVari and all the accessories every month and still break even. Eventually I will stop buying ProVaris and then I'll actually be saving. Since I switched my husband too, and he only uses one PV and one juice, we are actually saving money as a couple since he was a pack a day smoker and doesn't even go through a fourth of that money on a monthly basis for cartos and juice.

I think the satin silver will hold up the best between the satin and the chrome finishes based on personal experience. I think the satin silver finish will hold up better over the black chrome based on the posts from black chrome ProVari owners.

Boge 3.0ohm I believe are considered SR, not HR. I've purchased my cartos from a lot of different vendors. My last batch I got from Copper Creek. I haven't had any inconsistency issues, although I have heard many say they have.

The extended end cap will work with all 18650 batts, but you might need the spacer ring for the ProVari Power 2500 batt. The charger I bought from ProVape doesn't seem to be available on their site now. It is the Soshine charger, and yes it charges my batteries fast but I never timed it. It wouldn't surprise me though if it was 30 minutes, that sounds about right.

Last edited:

kiggas

Dec 15, 2011
New York
mustang could you give me that chargers info so i could purchase it? I really like how it looks and i wonder why they dont sell it at their site anymore..i really want that charger since it charges extremely fast and its kind of a smart charger..the charger on the site now is REALLY bland and plain.
its more expensive then the soshine is too! isnt that funny...
also, when did the soshine charger leave the website?
do you have an idea when the soshine charger was out of their website?
maybe a general idea when u bought your vari charger.
so please, tell me all the charger info details so i can find it. thanks a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread