The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Getting headaches from vaping. Only on 6 mg juice, 50/50. PG allergy?

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by seeber, Sep 9, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. seeber

seeber Full Member

May 7, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I get headaches from vaping. Usually comes on after a few puffs. I'm using 50/50 MBV juice at 6 mg. I wish there was a 3, but I can't find much of that. I think it's cuz of nicotine content because I only used to smoke like 5 ciggs a day. Not sure though. Also thinking PG allergy...but thought there might be some other noticeable effects and though that it might linger after stopping vaping. My headaches tend to go away after i stop vaping.

Smoking ciggs does not give me a headache.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!

2. Nicolay

Nicolay Senior Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Its hard to tell which ingredient may be causing it. You could try VG juices, try experimenting with a few setups. Also taking smaller/smoother drags, not doing the rapid-fire thing and such could be worth experimenting with.

If nothing changes, my only advice is always: Listen to your body. We are very used to just popping a pill when a headache comes on and we think nothing further of it, but headaches are an indication that something is wrong. If your body screams at you, don't ignore it.

I've developed geography tongue / migratory glossitis after 3 - 4 weeks of vaping. Not sure if it is from allergy or a chemical burn (used to lick small drops of liquid flowing from the carto of my cigalike, zing!) ... so I stopped vaping and am back on analogues (stupid idea, but I'm an addict). At least for now. Once healed (can take a year) I will experiment again.

Do wish you good luck and hope you find something that doesn't give you headaches!

3. RoseB

RoseB Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    Washington
    Sorry about the headaches. PG doesn't agree with me. Which is sad, because it helps flavor come through. Try going VG and you may want to get bottles of zero nicotine. That way you can dilute the nicotine from 6 mgs, while keeping your flavors.

4. Violy

Violy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2010
    NC
    Definitely experiment.

I tend to get headaches when my coil needs a good cleaning and I find myself pulling too hard. Gets me right between the eyes and won't go away until I get some sleep.

5. jpwr25

jpwr25 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    Agree with others, experiment. Mix 6mg and 0mg juice at a ratio of 1:1 and you'll have that 3mg you're after. Try 100% PG, 100% VG, and don't forget that you could even be sensitive to a particular flavor.
    I had some strange side effects like headaches, wheezing, and unmentionables when I started vaping. I blamed PG first, then VG, then strawberry flavors, then a particular vendor's juice. Over some time the problems went away on their own and I realize I have no issues with PG,VG,or any particular flavorings. Good luck and make sure to report back what you discover.

6. seeber

seeber Full Member

May 7, 2013
    Los Angeles
    thanks for the tips everyone.

i just ordered some 0 nic and 20/80 pg/vg so maybe this will help a bit. lets see how it goes....

7. truen00b

truen00b Full Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    One question for you as well. How long have you been vaping? There's a lot your body gets used to when smoking analogs. There's a hell of a lot of stuff in there. So some of this just might be your body expelling the leftovers from analogs and getting used to vaping. Headaches are very common from a variety of things as mentioned earlier so you can ignore them if you've been keeping track of your body and know what you've ate/done that day but never disreguard it as nothing. It is a symptom nontheless.

8. precious007

precious007 Full Member

Nov 20, 2010
    I also get intense burning headaches from vaping 24mg juice.

I have chronic tension headaches but the vaping just worsens them so I guess a 12 or 6 mg juice would suit me much better.

9. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    One thing to remember is to put your PV down, don't chain vape!! :) A cigarette had a natural stop point, you finished it and stopped smoking, vaping can go on until your carto is empty. Take some puffs and put it down, walk away, go back when you feel like another "replacement" cigarette....:vapor:

10. ronpaek100

ronpaek100 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    I get headaches when I vape 6mg nicotine juices as well I don't even vape that much, but if I chain vape too much at one time I feel like throwing up and have a headache and have to lay down till it goes away which takes about an hour.. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.