getting into rebuilding mini vivi and evod heads....what do I need and where do I get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
I'm sure this has probably been answered somewhere here but just for the sake of getting some fresh answers, here I am.
I vape on 2 vision spinners at the moment. I use mini vivi nova metal tanks and am ordering some evods....also have some T3's and a couple other clearos. The next step for me is to rebuild my own atomizers. What exactly do I need and where is the best place to order it from. I think I'd prefer cotton wicking but am open to ceramic or wire mesh if it's applicable for my needs, and I presume Kanthal wire, but have no idea on thicknesses, grades, etc. Any help, advice, or links to videos would be much appreciated. I have an ohms tester and am ready to stop paying someone else to build my atomizers. Besides, it sounds and looks easy and fun from the videos I've seen. I'm happy with the spinners for now but will probably upgrade to a vamo for home use within a month or so. Thanks in advance!! :confused:

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
After checking numerous other threads, including the "cotton" thread here, as well as viewing several videos, I've come to the conclusion that I need the Kanthal 32 and I can figure out the wick material. If anyone could please just steer me to a vendor for these materials (specifically the Kanthal wire), and preferably one of this site's vendors where I can also order other misc. hardware, I would greatly appreciate it. Puleeze?!!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I read somewhere, that it would take 34 Kenthal wire to get 1.8 ohms. (but I still have more research to do) I am also reading and looking at YouTube. I'm almost ready to give it a shot too. Sorry I am no help to you but look forward to reading what people write back. I know all the answers are within this forum, I just haven't gotten proficient at finding them. Good luck to us both.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
Thanks!....think I'm going to stick with silica wick until I get some experience doing this. Still wondering if any of our vendors sell the Kanthal so I can shop at one stop....and I don't want to do ebay. strictly cc for my purchases. not a paypal person. I get into enough trouble with just a cc....haha!!

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
I used 32g kanthal a-1 and a cotton ball. Might be a good idea to get a multi meter even a cheap one digital will help. I just did a nova and its eh. I hope to get a better vape from my protank I'm waiting for.

I've got a meter....or rather, my spouse does..he's a mechanical engineer and has all the tools.....just not Kanthal wire. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread