Getting more flavor from my RM2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copernicus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canton, GA
Hi there fellow Reonauts. I recently acquired my first Reo (Grand) and I absolutely love it . I can't believe it took me so long to discover the wonder of this little box. My question is that I'm finding the flavor of the RM2 quite muted compared to my dual coil drippers that I am used to. I had to open up the airflow on the RM2 to accommodate my preferred style of vaping (lung-inhale). I opened it up to 5/32 and find the clouds and airflow to be quite good. I'm running a 6 wrap 26g on a 2mm mandrel and it's coming out to around .7-.8 ohms. I'm looking to get that concentrated flavor and warm vape that I find so nice. I'm not opposed to picking up a new atty to run dual coils if that's the answer. I'm planning on milling the standard reo to make it a LP so I can have more atty options. Anyone have any suggestions??

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
I have found the RM2 to be a little flavor machine but it was not designed for lung hitting. I know many have drilled them out but still don't think that is where the RDA really shines.

My suggestion would be to pick up one of the RM4s that Rob sells (BF version of the Atomic). Still provides very good flavor but allows for larger dual coil builds and lung hits like a dream. Haven't tried the RM5 yet but have heard good things, the RM6 looks like a Stillare which would be really interesting. I like the RM4 because it has a smaller chamber which keeps the flavor in tact while allowing for lung hitting.

If you want to look outside of Rob's RDAs there are many options and you will get many different suggestions. Right now the hot RDAs are the Odin, the Nuppin', and of course the Cyclone. I run all of these on different Reos and love them all for what they offer.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
The odin is deff a great atty. But i am planning on purchasing a rm2.. if you get tired of yours i will buy it!! I have a atomic clone that i turned b/f and i do enjoy it. I really, REALLY want an rm2 though!! Love the ceramic deck!!

My love- Kawa green Reo grand LP w/ TRA Super light door, with TOBH and chuff top!

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
You are correct the RM4 needs an LP Reo. If you have a standard Reo you will need an RBA that is 14mm or smaller in diameter. So RM2, RM3, Igo-s, Cyclone (non-AFC version), Divo and Chalice. Of these only the RM# has dual coil version with two air holes. The rest will need to have the 2nd hole drilled. then there are many other choice that need be drilled for bottom feed.

Please do post a pic of your build. Another thing you can try, go to a higher gauge wire, fold it in half and twist it. Then make a coil. This will drop the ohms in half but give you a coil with more surface area for the vapor and flavor production.

Copernicus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canton, GA
Here's a photo of my current build. 20141030_102819.jpg 20141030_102819.jpg

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I took all the advice and moved my coil up and closer to the cap. Damn, what a difference. Great cloud and nice, warm flavor. I seriously think I'm going to sell my beloved Okr Storm box just to get another mini or LP
Congrats, sounds like a good plan! Oh and you can get the mini as LP also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread