Getting My Vamo this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmedave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
TN
I'm finally getting my Vamo this afternoon. I'm getting a Vamo, 2 Vivi Nova tanks, 2 18350 batteries and 1 18650 battery with a charger for $70. I've read this whole forum back to front and think I'm ready for it. A huge thanks to all the folks who've posted tips and tricks for the Vamo. I feel way more educated thanks to you fine folks and thanks once again. I've been vaping a 900mah eGo for a bit with the Vivi Novas. I do have a couple of qustions. I've been vaping 24mg for a while. Would it be safe to drop down to 18mg due to getting a more controlled hit with the Vamo? My second question is, what do you all recommend for voltage for a total noob to mods? Thanks again for all the wonderful reading on this forum.

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
The level of nic is going to be entirely dependent on what you need to control your cravings etc.

Regarding the voltage, set it to "Power Output" (aka wattage) start around 6w and move up(or possibly down, but not likely) till you find your sweet spot. Wattage mode is pretty much set it and forget it, aside from fine tuning a bit for different juices/flavor profile etc.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
With regard to the nic, try the Vamo on your normal nic first. I think you'll cut down pretty quickly!

Voltage all depends on the resistance of your atty, but luckily you can easily check that with the Vamo.

A good rule of thumb is +2 - so if your atty is 1.8 ohm you vape at 3.8 v, if it's 2.4 you vape at 4.4 v.. It's a doddle to nudge in .1 increments to hit your sweet spot.

itsmedave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
TN
Well I got it picked up, came home to use it and my 3 dogs (Daisy, Rowdy, and Duke aka Death, Destrucion, and Demon) had torn one of the outside doors up so I had to replace it first. Love the hit and love the amount of vapor. This thing is unreal. I am a bit worried about using the Vivi Nova Tanks as I seem to have to tighten them a bit more than normal and I'm a bit worried about stripping the fitting out. For now, I'm using a Smoktech Bottom Coil on it and loving it. A sincere thanks for all the recommendations. I'm vaping at 4.1 watts right now. I truly love this thing!! I'm glad I sprung for the extra battery as well.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
Well I got it picked up, came home to use it and my 3 dogs (Daisy, Rowdy, and Duke aka Death, Destrucion, and Demon) had torn one of the outside doors up so I had to replace it first. Love the hit and love the amount of vapor. This thing is unreal. I am a bit worried about using the Vivi Nova Tanks as I seem to have to tighten them a bit more than normal and I'm a bit worried about stripping the fitting out. For now, I'm using a Smoktech Bottom Coil on it and loving it. A sincere thanks for all the recommendations. I'm vaping at 4.1 watts right now. I truly love this thing!! I'm glad I sprung for the extra battery as well.

Did you mean 4.1 volts? 4.1 watts is really low.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
P.S. Charge the batteries completely before using them..they come pre-charged but could have bled some of the power off, more than likely it should be almost completely charged...but just in case

Congrats....6-7 watts is where I usually run and it's very nice knowing no matter what head I put on it they ALL hit the same vape!

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England

If you're worried about stripping the threads stick an air-flow regulator on it. They're handy and also allow you to adjust the draw a little.

itsmedave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
TN
Thanks again for all the help in this thread. I am loving my Vamo so far. My wife even made me a kickbutt lanyard for it to match the one for my eGo.

I do have a couple of questions though. Is there any mah limit on batteries. The 18650 I have is 2000mah and the two 18350's are 900mah. In the course of looking online, I've seen some 650's that are 2600mah and some 350's that are 1200mah. Are those ok to buy to use in the Vamo? Thanks again everyone

sweet tea

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2013
Lexington, NC, USA
I ordered one yesterday afternoon from Desert Vapes and it shipped out the same day! Sooo excited! This will be my first VV/VW Mod:banana:

image.jpg

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Thanks again for all the help in this thread. I am loving my Vamo so far. My wife even made me a kickbutt lanyard for it to match the one for my eGo.

I do have a couple of questions though. Is there any mah limit on batteries. The 18650 I have is 2000mah and the two 18350's are 900mah. In the course of looking online, I've seen some 650's that are 2600mah and some 350's that are 1200mah. Are those ok to buy to use in the Vamo? Thanks again everyone

The main thing is that they should be high drain batteries - and avoid anything with "fire" in the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread