Status
Not open for further replies.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I have a little boy that I'm using now, plenty of build room on it. If you get the doge get the one with the wide borrow top cap. My husband swears by his 454. He has one in SS and one in copper. I have a derringer that I run on my SMPL for the size it's an awesome atty. checkout angelcigs.com they have good prices and quick shipping as they are in Cali :) you can get a couple for $40 or less

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I put quads on my Zenith v2.5 lol it hits so much better now. They are easy to build and reasonably priced.

http://www.angelcigs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Rda
They are restocking due to CNY. Looks like most will be in stock in 11 days or so. I have my wish list already made :vapor:

Last edited:

Sdchargersfan

Jul 26, 2014
Dallas
mutation x v2 or 3 are some of the best attys ive used.
BUT

i just picked upa derringer clone, and all i can say is wow. this thing is incredible.

If you take the air flow control ring off, how does the vapor production of the derringer compare to the mutation x?

Also, can you fit parallel 24 gauge or parallel 22 gauge in the positive center post hole? It seems kind of small.

DesmondTheMoonbear

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
maryland
If you take the air flow control ring off, how does the vapor production of the derringer compare to the mutation x?

Also, can you fit parallel 24 gauge or parallel 22 gauge in the positive center post hole? It seems kind of small.
The full airflow on the derringer without the ring is similar to the mutation with 3 holes open on each side.
The largest build I've run in the derringer was either dual 24 or 34 over 26 clapton.
But the thing is, to get a great Vape out of the derringer, you only need to run it at about 35-45 watts, whereas you'll need about 70-80 to get the mutation to really shine.
I love them both equally for different reasons.

Sdchargersfan

Jul 26, 2014
Dallas
The full airflow on the derringer without the ring is similar to the mutation with 3 holes open on each side.
The largest build I've run in the derringer was either dual 24 or 34 over 26 clapton.
But the thing is, to get a great Vape out of the derringer, you only need to run it at about 35-45 watts, whereas you'll need about 70-80 to get the mutation to really shine.
I love them both equally for different reasons.

I'm deciding between the derringer and the troll. How does the flavor of the mutation x or troll with the airflow closed off compare to that of the derringer?

DesmondTheMoonbear

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
maryland
I'm deciding between the derringer and the troll. How does the flavor of the mutation x or troll with the airflow closed off compare to that of the derringer?
I haven't personally used the troll, but the flavor of the mutation and the derringer are the same. But that's with the derringer running at 40 watts, and the mutation running at 80.
What I like about the mutation is the ability to run a large set of coils like these fused claptons I have in mine
fbccea5a7a0c9093d98372dcc0012bb8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread