Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I bought some RY4 flavored cartos from azsmokefree when I was just starting and I HATE the taste of them. I've tried to wash a few out so I can reuse them, and I just can't completely get the smell out.

Here's what I did:

Took the cap off and ran water through, slinging them out. Repeated a few times.
Let sit in water overnight.
Boiled 3x in clean water each time.
Left to sit in vodka ~30 minutes.
Dried in oven.

They still smell like this nasty RY4. I haven't reloaded on yet to see if they taste like RY4 + new juice.

Are they just a lost cause?

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
I have to agree with Sedate me, I use an ultrasonic cleaner and Vodka to get the flavors out of my cartos, even the stubborn ones. But if they are not coming clean with that I heat filtered water in the microwave after about a half our in the vodka and cleaner and use Vapian's Cartomizerfillinator method to force the really hot water through the carto to fully rinse everything out.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/200782-cartomizerfillinator.html

If all that does not work then it gets tossed in the can :D

Hope this helps;
Nate

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I boil mine. It is flavored oil so the oil will want to go up above the water. Just drain the water off and don't let your wife catch you or she will ask you odd questions.
LOL

I am the wife. LOL!

I will try filling one with a cheap juice and see if the taste is coming through. Then maybe boil again or toss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread