Getting very frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
My niece convinced me that this would be a great solution for me. It was planned that on Monday we would go shopping together for my equipment etc. Turned out that she went shopping with har son for my stuff. I gave her a list of what I wanted for starters. They returned home with about 1/3rd of what I was expecting.

Now I have my setup but can't even tell if the thing is working. I see no vapor ever. Started with a very mild Amaretto flavor...No taste at all for me. Added caramel something to toop of tank...still no flavor.

I do hear a noise when I try to take a drag but nothing else.

Now everyone is too busy to lend assistance and I have no instruction manual because they bought individual items not a kit.

I get more satisfaction from sucking on an empty soda straw.

OK got that out of my system :mad:

Can anyone guide me through or point me to a a guide for figuring out if this is user or equipment problems?

Equipment is eGo -c Twist with Kanger mini pro II V2

juice is 16mg

yep - turn the dial all the way down puff, then up one notch at a time - a puff at each step and find the sweet spot.

However - you should have SOME vapor production at even the lowest and highest settings. Is the button lighting up while you hold it in to take a puff?
That is the missing part. Didn't know I needed to hold the button while taking a puff. This so much better than sucking on nothing. Doing happy dance now. THANK YOU!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
So, your family basically dropped off your equipment on your doorstep without showing you how to use it????

I spent over an hour last night setting up a co-worker's daughter's boyfriend with an extra kit, making certain to ask if he understood or asked if he had questions after every step.

I'm glad it's working for you now. But please, if you have ANY questions -- please ask. We're here to help.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Now that you know the button is the key have fun with the dial as you find the taste you like best. The Mini ProTank 2 is a great tool to vape your juices and the Twist battery will help you fine tune it.

You haven't asked about charging the battery so I sure hope a charger came with it or you'll be back to that straw.

Congrats on your first troubleshooting adventure in vaping. :toast:
There will be more, but with the help of these great people here at ECF I think you will get through it just fine!!

I am brand new too so I really don't know much, but do have one little suggestion. I am using the Vision Spinner VV batteries which are very similar to yours and mini protanks. I just got them in yesterday and spent some time dialing them in to find the vape I wanted or the sweetspot as many call it here.

If you turn up your voltage too much you will get a burnt taste. It is bad. To avoid this take a look at your coils and see what size they are. It will be in tiny writing on the side if the coil at the bottom or base part of the coil which sits down in to the base or beauty ring. To find it turn the unit upside down and unscrew the tank from the beauty ring/base. The beauty ring/base is the darker metal tube between the tank and your battery. Now there is a stem sticking up out of the base. This is your coil. Turn the stem to remove the coil from the base. You will find some numbers there between the threaded part and the little white o-ring. I believe my protank mini came with 1.8....not sure if they all come with the same or not, but yours will say 1.5, 1.8, 2.2, 2.5....etc followed by the ohms symbol. This is the resistance of your coil. It is an important piece of info. People will ask if you have questions. :)

Now as for how it affects your vaping: Now that you know your resistance take a look at this chart
http://www.vaporsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/power-vaping-chart-lg.jpg....and keep her in the green and you should be all good. Ultimately you might need different sized coils to find your sweet spot. I am using 2.5 ohm coils at 4.5 volts.

Congrats and welcome!! I love vaping!! Have no idea why I ever liked the stinkies now?!? :vapor:

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Is it on? Did you press the button five times fast?

being an IT person, I always advise to check out all physical stuff first (is it plugged in, turned on, lose connections and what not) I was going to suggest to make sure it's turned on. When I started out it was a couple of times that I sucked and held the firing button and nothing happened....until I noticed they are NOT turned on by default. :confused: :2c: :D
I hope we can be of help to get you started up!!
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread