Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I posted this in the Liquid-Feed APV sub-forum, but since it's a VW device, I thought I'd post it here also.. :) Brought to us by the same company which is responsible for the popular Fogger rta:

Just noticed this the other day... Looks like China will be throwing some (hopefully) inexpensive VW BF devices our way soon.. :) Hopefully, the chip will be worth a damn.

2015 Yiloong E Cig 50w Bottom Feeding Box Geyscano Mod Like Yihi Sx Mini Sx350 - Buy Yihi Sx Mini Sx350,Bottom Feeding Box,Bottom Feeder Geyscano Mod Product on Alibaba.com

CN%20BF_zpsvrznhnbr.jpg

*Aluminium material
*61*25*91mm(with firing button)
*50 watts chip power regulated
*single 18650 battery
*13ml juice bottle
*anodized finish
*510 center holed atomizer included
*OLED chip screen
*Side firing button
*magnetic front door

Last edited:

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Of course it won't really have an SX350 in it, so it's nothing like an SX Mini. But it is a lot less barf-inducing in the looks department than a Reo or BB, so there's that.

They might want to work on another company name for marketing to North America at least. Too many ways to have fun with a product that starts with the syllable "Gey".

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Of course it won't really have an SX350 in it, so it's nothing like an SX Mini. But it is a lot less barf-inducing in the looks department than a Reo or BB, so there's that.

They might want to work on another company name for marketing to North America at least. Too many ways to have fun with a product that starts with the syllable "Gey".

Yeah, I know that.. That's why I hope the chip is worth a damn for mainstream users.. :) Mine will be sporting an SX350J or SX350 Mini with a few modifications. ;) (I know the SX350 Mini is available pre-wired for the buttons, and have long USB port leads, while I'm not certain the SX350J will or not).

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Kidney Puncher is taking pre-orders for this device.

This will be our first batch so we have no idea of the level of awesome-ness or level of suck that they may possess. There is an element of risk in buying from the first batch of a new product like this. Please make sure you are comfortable with that risk before purchasing because there will be NO RETURNS.

I think I'll wait until after the 1st batch gets into some hands.. ;) It will hopefully be less expensive after other vendor's begin stocking it.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I've seen the description on the resistance range. 0.2- 1 ohm. Really !?

Introducing one of the first Bottom Feeder box mod from China! The Geyscano is a 50 Watt Box Modd that includes a Bottom Feed atomizer.

Features:

50 Watts
Accepts 0.2 ohm -1.0 ohm
13ml Juice Bottle
Accepts 1x 18650 Battery
Magnetic Battery Panel
Includes Bottom Feeder Atomizer

Geyscano 50 Watt Box Mod (Squonk) by Yiloong - Eciggity

KJRxxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been using mine for a few days now. So far, I like it, but there are definitely Pros and Cons here.

Pros: good size in the hand. It has a really comfy trigger switch. The same one I have on my Psyclone V2 Raptor mod. I love this switch!
-The up/down switches work nicely. If you hold one down, it will start slow and ramp up with good speed without going too fast like my Sigelei 100, which is crazy fast.
-Although the atty has its faults, I like the fact that the base has no bottom limit, which allows you to push the cap all the way down until it recesses and clicks into the machined groove of the top of the PV which allows it not only to sit flush, but recesses into the top side, for a really nice look. Make sense?
-The diameter of the juice channel may look rather small, but is more than sufficient to flow the juice from the bottle to the atty, even with high VG juice. No worries there.(this based on the diameter of my Reos' channels compared to this PV). I thought the bigger 13ml bottle may not provide enough pressure/velocity, but it's entirely fine.

Cons: the base has 3 poles, but the cap has only one massive cyclopes hole. Not sure what they were thinking with this. The hole, wide open, must be at least 10mm wide, but still, you can't run dual coils with only one hole....??????
-clean the machine oil good before you build! I did not, and although my sniffer thought all was OK, I initially got a weird metallic taste until I did a thorough cleaning. All is good now.
- The front cover which slides down does have good magnets to properly place the cover: however, it is a bit short as compared to the frame height, meaning when you have the front cover centered top to bottom, the frame gives some sharp edges on the top/bottom, left and right sides. They should have rounded the frame a bit to soften the edges, or have the front cover match the frame a bit better.

Overall, the PV is a great deal for 70.00 US!

Get a good quality 510 BF atty to your liking and this thing is definitely a winner in my estimation.!!
I currently have a 26G single coil parallel build and it's quite nice, although I will be looking for a better atty.......

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
Cut and pasted from another thread, quick thoughts on the Geyscano after a half bottle of use.

Finally, thanks to a USPS re-route, I have my G 50.Been putting it through some inspections and trials. Nothing scientific, just using it. At box opening, I was impressed. Nice box. Looking at the mod, I see no space at the left side as seen on previous post. Fit and finish seems on par with my other regulated box, a Clouper 30 watt. The two magnets hold the door OK but the finish is nowhere near that of a Reo. I miss the shnicking of the Reo door.

I like the feel of the buttons but wish there was a more tactile or clicky feel. There is a round robin to the adjustment buttons. No speeding up when held but that is not a problem to me. The 510 seems OK with only a slight catch cup for the provided atty. All my BF attys fit well. Oh, there seems to be a delay when firing if the mod has sat for a few minutes.

With the battery installed this mod has the typical five click on/lock. If the mod is locked, when unlocked, the setting is saved. After a quick douche with alcohol (not the drinking kind) of both the mod and provided atty, it was time for a coil. The atty has three posts leading me to believe a dual coil setup could be used but,,, there is only one substantial adjustable air hole. I built a 0.7 ohm coil wicked with KGD and fired this baby up. Using max VG MBV Chocolate mint, I found my sweet spot at 19.5 watts with the air adjusted at about half open. Squonking and draining of the atty was fine.

I have been through half a bottle and have noticed the battery indicator has not moved. This mod has worked well with a Zenith 2.5, RM6 and a Plume Veil along with the provided atty. The box for the provided atty calls this an Atomizer Series and comes with the standard double ended key ring screwdriver, spare screws, a couple of o-rings, some wire and a few inches of wound wick.No leaking at the bottle or feed tube.

I will be putting this mod in rotation along with my four Reos but only using it at home. It is not even close to being as robust as a Reo or other mech mods but, if it lasts longer than the Clouper I had, it is probably going to be a decent entry level regulated bottom feeder. OK, I am spoiled by my Reos and probably not as objective as I should be.

Reactions: Chakris

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Thanks KJrxx for the review. I was worried to bite the bullet and buy one thinking it would be as bad as my Reo vw that broke. I hope the chip has some protection though because with the bottom feeders even when careful juice tends to get everywhere sometimes as you know. I went ahead and bought from angelcigs last week. . I track the little puppy on usps and its scheduled to be delivered today .!!!! Hooray lol.

I'm also excited to soon have airflow control !!! On my mech Reo which is my main device (only decice for 5 years straight!) I only own a couple RM2 atties which have one airflow hole and no adjustment. Thanks for the heads up on the weirdness of having 3 posts and only one large adjustable airflow. How could this get past the engineers who invented this piece ? Like you said I don't see how you can vspe dual coil because of this . That's just weird... Will just have to crank out a single coil. And the parallel is great idea. I have 26 gauge wire as well. So I'm definitely going to go with your build on it.

Iangelcigs said they have some new bottom feeder attys on the way soon. As you said at 70 dollars that includes an atomizer is an awesome deal in this sub sector of the mod market.

Now I just need to find some good eliquid.to crank through it. I have like a half gallon of premade spple that I dIY'd. It's not bad but I ssee a lot of great prices on purchasing 120ml bottles. But it seems like a million vendors popped up in this sector ..

Well I'll try and post my experiences with) it after I get it and put its through his paces. I still say just close your eyes and get it.

Reactions: Chakris
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread