GG Draw w/510 or 801 adapter compared to 510/801?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Hey,

Just wondering about the GG draw with said adapters on?

I prefer a more analog-like (harder) draw, so really like my 510 for that, while the J118 is like sucking through an empty straw to me (don't like).

How does the draw on GG with 510 or 801 adapter compare to the 'real ecigs' 510 or 801?

(I suspect if it's too light, I can fix it, but.. ? )

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
    In his YouTube video of the GG Nano, Tim reckons the 510 is the most "analogue-like" vape. I'm going to save up for the adapter because it also has a higher juice capacity so won't require redripping so frequently (I believe).

In my limited experience, which does not include GG vaping, the 801 gives a totally empty vape, apart from flavourless and hitless vapour :mad:

scylla :)

mre5674

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 7, 2009
    Lala Land
    Yo Wegster...Mr.e here!

Get both adapters..FOR SURE! They do different things with different juice. This whole 6V thing changes everything. I bought 2 801 attys from a supplier on the forum - the first second I used it (before even vaping) the chamber popped off the base. (PM me and I'll tell you from where). Janty Classic - (it just rocks at 6V) Flavor, throat hit, vapor +++ 501 setup rocks...the draw changes with the use of thicker juices, and at this point I'm so over carts, drip, drip, drip...I even drip and drive (at least that's not illegal yet!). Thus said, with the adapters, there is a slight change in performance type...Smoother overall (IMEO TRULY IS THE GREATEST). He just CARES! He has made the best e. cig. ever (and he's an amazing person). Almost forgot...Purchased one of those $50 Sedansa Diva (801 type) Atty's (5 year warranty) FRIED ON DAY ONE...Just heard from Imeo - his died also...Let's pray their customer service is as quick as the burn : ) I have to say, that once the Janty Classic breaks in...just lovely...510 just lovely...= GET BOTH lol

To quickly address your ?...Neither are too light of a draw! You will be VERY pleased! Whole different animal than the way they perform on their normal setup.

Hope you're well brotha!

Best - Mr.e

Last edited:

wegster

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Hey E :) I owe ya an email, look for one this weekend, too much thinking for work vs emails of late :D

I'm def getting 'the full suite,' Xformer + adapters, plus an extra storage/battery pice if he'll do it.

Thanks for the reassurance on the draw, everyone..sounds good. I just can't cope with the sucking through empty straw thing some e-cigs have, but figured I could fill in air gaps, or grind down any air holes to suit if I *had* to. :)

wegster

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    ko - the 510 is the most 'analog like' I have (reg e-cig) so far, with the M201 being an 801 'clone' externally, but, well, very nice. If with adapter the GG vapes close to same draw, I think you'll be quite happy, and the 510 attys seem to rock overall as well :)

I *do* think the JS is actually lighter than a 'normal' 801 as well, though..too many air holes in it, unsealed, open air gaps around usb, etc.

kopaunum

Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2009
    socal
    Man I can't wait to get this thing w/ the 510 adapter! I've been struggling thinking to myself if there is something wrong as many a people on these forums are thinking one way and I'm thinking another. Just differing opinions I guess and im not the type to go messin around with all the ecigs out there. I'm a simple guy trying to get off analogs with a simple device that I can just turn to forever. I guess I chose the lightest draw of em all n im not too thrilled. However I guess it could be just the device itself as I see Nos' post about the 801 adapter now as well! Wow, man o man, I just CANNOT WAIT to feel the power of the 6v. It HAS to be the one that will kick my habit once and for all! Ahhhhhhhh, rambling over.....

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
    kop, can I add my 2p worth here.

I dont think it matters which e-cig you start with, any, will assist in giving up the old ciggies.

I was a smoker for 43 years, smoking an average of 20 a day. I started my vaping days with a 901.

I had no intention of giving up smoking, my intention was to replace some ciggies with the e-cig, and immediately I went from 20 a day to 5.

Three weeks after that, I was ready to move on to the next e-cig, and I bought a 510, it had that bit extra oomph, and as a result, no more ciggies.

I was shocked that I could do it, but it happened, and not just to me, to my hubby, daughter and son, all the same way.

Since that time, I became an e-cigaholic, I love them...lol

I have the JS too, and do I like it? yes, its fabulous, but the 801 draw is airy, however, I now have a 901 adapter, as in my memory, the 901 gave great flavour, do I prefer it now? no... I hate it, I have moved on... evolved.

I still use my 510 with a pass through, as I do like the draw on it. But is it like a ciggie, no.

Nothing is the same, a ciggie is a ciggie, an e-cig is an e-cig. But we do learn to enjoy an e-cig for what it is, and enjoy it more than a ciggie, why? because it offers more.

If offers a whole new world of flavours for a start, and it offers a community of people such as here, who we can share the pleasures and downsides with.

My advice is take the emphasis off the ciggies, and put it where it belongs on the e-cig. That way giving them up wont make you feel as though you have lost something important to you.

Its like that word 'Diet' the moment its mentioned people instantly feel deprived.

Be positive, enjoy your e-cigs, especially your 6v GG and let things take their natural course.

kopaunum

Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2009
    socal
    evolved.....I like that. I am actually down a quarter of what i used to smoke and that in itself is awesome for me. It makes perfect sense to think of it that way. I guess all I want is that extra oooomph as u say and no doubt the transformer will do that. Heck even a 510 adapter for the js might do that. I guess I have learned that the 801 on the JS is not for me. Could it be that it would work for me on the transformer? That's for me to find out and I guess that in itself is part of the evolution, to get my mind to part ways with analogs forever, and on to something that is much better and healthier for me. God bless all the helpful people here!

mamu

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    IN USA
    I'm very much like you wegs - I need that "tight packed" draw with a big hit to the back of throat to feel satisfied.

I have pretty much tried ALL the various e-cigs out there looking for what I felt was missing.

This is my experience with the GG at 6 volts with both a 510 atty and a 901 atty.

First, the 510 attys I'm using are from eastmall.net. I've been alternating 2 of them this last 2 weeks and both are working great. I have not lost any 510 attys using them with the GG at 6 volts.

I find the draw using the 510 with the GG is a touch more "packed" with a great hit to the back of the throat vs using the 510 atty with the 510 battery. I LUV what the GG does to the 510 atty! Makes that puppy work to give me what I want - a very nice smooth vape indeed.

For the 901 attys - I have the SLB 901 attys from ruyandirect.com. I popped 6 brand new 901 attys before I found 2 that work absolutely great with the GG at 6 volts. I tried reviving the 901 attys I popped - but alas no go - they're dead dead dead.

Using the GG with the 901 atty kicks things up a notch with warmer vapor, more vapor, and a throat hit that definitely packs a punch. I've read where people say it's a "harsh" hit, but I don't find that it's harsh at all. It's not as smooth as the 510 atty is all.

Using the 901 atty with the GG at 6 volts rocks in that you REALLY get that full flavor ciggie effect. Absolutely!!

BUT I don't vape all day with the 901 cuz I only need that awesome punch once in a while. I prefer the smoother effects from the 510 as a regular vape.

I've got an 801 adapter coming in this week, so I'll be curious if the GG at 6 volts changes any of that "light, airy" draw.

I've found that I can actually enhance the effects of the 510 and 901 attys by starting the draw with the GG horizontal then tilting it downward as I continue the draw. Seems that I get more warmth, more vapor, and more throat hit with the GG tilted downward throughout the last part of the draw.

As a side note - I don't drip - I use carts.

Hey - I've got it down to the art of perfect vaping - what more can I say? :D

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    Well,
    I gotta tell you guys, I surprised myself today,
    I never smoke with a 901, dont like it--

but I put the 901 on my GG today,
    and used a dura cart with it,
    adn 6V batts,

and guess what, -- I like it,
    I am so surprised,
    the flava of my coffee juice is great,
    and it is giving me lots of puffs before I have to top up the cart,
    I am just so surprised, I will use 901 as well now,
    GG is indeed a versatile little Goddess -------:)

wegster

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    @Christena - nice story. I started writing up my 'e-cig' voyage, but..slacking. Can see at least a few, including the amusing 'wtf is this?!' bits, at:
    Electronic Cigarettes | Random Bits of Chaos | Scott W/wegster

But note, the ordering is all borked right now, just no time to fix it, 'fist article' is at the bottom, etc.

It would be interesting for all of us to write up our own 'intro to e-cigs and e-cig journey' stories! :)

wegster

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    @mamu - awesome, thank you! :)

If I needed more confirmation am not going to do this, you gave it in spades!

Bad mental sequence below:
    1. Tim finally invoices me and I pay him for GG Xformer (*cough, Hi Tim, check emails, pls! :D )
    2. My GG makes a long, arduos trip overseas, hiding inside it's packaging, lest it's pretty self be seen by someone *not* it's owner.
    3. GG and wegster are re-united, even through the badness that is the US Postal Service.
    4. wegster sets work IM on 'Away' and rips into package, hopefully without causing paper cut frenzy requiring a hospital visit.
    5. Ooh, ahh..is pretty!
    6. wegster puts it all together with his current 510 atty, looks at it a minute, a few drips and a cart on end, tests button a half second to 'hear the sizzle,' then inhales?
    7. WTF?!?!?!? It's a J118! ARRGGHH! VERY sad wegster.
    8. All hope in humanity is lost! wegster turns to the crack pipe in disgust.. (kidding, mkay..? :D )

Now I can at least remove 7 and 8 :D

mamu

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    IN USA
    Bad mental sequence below:

dude.jpg

Di

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    Have a question to Di. How does one plug up some of the 801 atomizer holes?
    You mention this and I do not know exactly waht you mean.
    I would like my 801 draw to be tighter.

stick a bit of blu tack in the holes you want to block up ---
    thats what I do to block up my switch for my manual 801 --
    works good -- ha ha 8-o

Di

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    Hope I do not sound dumb but, what is blu tack?:confused:

no, of course not, it is probably called different in different countries,

it is like plastercine, or playdoh,
    you get it at office supply place,
    it is blue, hence the name, --
    you get a bit and squish it in your fingers for a few minutes,
    to get it all sticky, then you can press it onto a surface
    and stick things onto it....
    does that explain it a bit better ???????

it does a good job,
    as I aid, I use it to block the hole in my manual switch
    on my 801 manual switch ciggy from Eastmall......

oh, and I know someone who jams a toothpick in the hole
    and breaks it off, that blocks up the hole too.....

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
    Wegster, I read some of your story, and I have to admit giggling, I can so relate to all you went through, including the parcel delivery....that was brilliant,

you are right, if newbies would take the time to read through these tales, they would learn the answers to all they need to know, but so many wont take the time to do it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread