GG List.. With Number Of GGs Made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm relatively fluent in Japanese, and to my knowledge the character "著" is usually only used for authors, though I admit I could be wrong. I actually can't think of anyway to translate "by Imeo" very well. I think that on swords and such they usually just engraved the makers name, and possibly date, place etc.

Of course being a non-Japanese name it should be spelled out phonetically in katakana, probably "イメオ", presuming I'm pronouncing his name correctly, but not knowing Greek phonetics I could again be mistaken.

Skibadabomski

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tokyo
Excellent thread - great idea skibadabomski. I think it should be a sticky!

Yup now I agree with you.

Thanks run for the chart and dspin and everyone else for the information put together. This will prove to be very informative in years to come. It's very informative already. In time with some of the old school helping out we should get everything together.

:toast:

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Glad I could help Ski, too bad most of the old timers have left the gg forum - lots of info went with them.

Like a lot of others I just got tired of the same questions, buddy, we all fade away eventually...........:(

But its better to burn out than fade away, my, my, hey, hey...........:)

Twitteliedoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Texas
By Imeo would be
"Imeo著"
Look at that Kanji.. lol small engravings would be tough. Especially on Bamboo !!

Oh and Runju.. Alum-Nickel Plated needs to be added in that empty box in the GGTS section :)

Its been along time ago, but I though it be something like " バイ・イメオ " . :what::)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Skibadabomski

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tokyo
Its been along time ago, but I though it be something like " バイ・イメオ " . :what::)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yup your right.. but katakana isn't as cool as Kanji.. but it kind of still looks cool " バイ・イメオ "

Anyway how did this all start lol.. Oh yes a Bamboo Ody.

No I have changed my mind. I'll make a Bamboo & Brass GGTB with " バイ・イメオ " on the side...lol

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
people need a change ripple. Some old friends leave, new friends come. Thats life:)
Like a lot of others I just got tired of the same questions, buddy, we all fade away eventually...........:(

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA

I couldnt agree with you more buddy, thats why Im not here much. Most people now dont know how to use the search button.

Skibadabomski

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tokyo
I have a few question..

I don't own any slims but have seen brass, SS, and Aluminum. (I think)

Were any slim tubes made with the new style logo?

The serial slims 54. What were they made of?

Have lots more questions but I'm interested in the slims status and history.

Thanks for any help on this..

Ski-

Skibadabomski

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tokyo
new logo style was made only on SS slim tubes skiba.

Slim didnt have a serial, only superslim had serial and the biggest number was the 54 number. Superslims were made of aluminium. I dont remember me making brass superslims

Thanks Imeo.. could you say by memory in what order the slims were made.
Slim was 1st made
Superslim was 2nd ect ect.. Don't need dates but the order would be helpful. Or are they in order on the list?

Thanks.

Skibadabomski

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tokyo
Im confused i have a rev2 with number #569?

Did you buy this from a dealer? If so and it had the AD cap then 'Houston we have a problem'

I'm not saying the following is the scenario but it's an explanation...

You bought of somebody way back and they had 2 and they added the then new AD cap and sold you a version 1 engraved tube with the AD cap from the following batch. Both were aluminum. I'm not sure if there is a way of knowing from a photo but could you upload a pic so we can see.

Bubbertyboo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
uk
This is how i got it
20120616_175456.jpg

And after i cleaned her up

2012-06-19135609.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread