GG Maintenance & General User Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
Suzi, Di, I agree totally with you both...

Shiny is good, and a nice black shiny button would look fab against that nice shiny body....

I know its shallow, but we women, like coordination, I would like to see black end caps too, as an option of course..

pretty........:)

Mmm... black end caps would be nice - although I LOVE my brass ones.

The black button would balance out nicely with the black atomizers. I think it would look fabulous with any end cap!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Won't hate you Rejoice. In fact I am following your travails very closely because my new Nano is rather inconsistent, sometimes it won't vape at all, other times it's just OK, I'm using several 901 atties with it. It's good to see your photos but I'm having trouble understanding the instructions - so what's new? :rolleyes:

Imeo, looks like you'll be supplying the new version in Rose Gold, Yellow Gold, and White Gold - just like gold jewellery :)

scylla

scyll, your problem is the button. Clear it and you will not have misfires. Rejoice has another issue its not the same. You havent a real problem, rejoice has.:)
And you got me dear, a jewellery. I want to make a jewellery!!!

Many people here are used to silver or metal surface. It started from SD and it remained as a habbit. But habbits change and new habbits are coming.

Is it better to have a metal piece, or a jewellery in your hands? Is it better the metal from the colour of your choice? We want colour to our lifes and sweet jewelleries to hold. We wear crosses, watches, and other things, why not a special e-cig?
Its my opinion, some others like silver, ok. But we must try to make the best about a product to be useful and beautiful together. The plastic button is not useful (it will brake and you will be disapointed) and its ugly. I want to make the best, you know that and the best to my opinion is colour. Colour gives life to our cig, do you remember how many people said that sedansa atty was very beautiful?

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
It looks radical..:p (particulary for a device like this)

At a distance it actually looks now a bit like an ancient artefact. I can't quite put my finger on it..

I like it, but also I like the rugged but simple shiny aesthetics of the unpainted original.

One thing I do think about the patterning is that in the photo at least it obscures where the Trans screws apart in the middle..

Were you trying to achieve that in part, Sakis?

I'm with the video idea..

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
smokindeuce;293075]
I just thought I'd start a thread on how to maintain your GG and general advice to get the best performance - please feel free to add from your own personal experience: :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Battery Insertion --

1/ For all of you that have no spring to the back cup,
please put the batteries with the (-) to the button.

2/ All the other friends that have a spring to the back cup
must do the opposite. (The (+) to the button).

There is no diference at all to the GG's abilities,
just an internal change
-------------------------------------------------------------------
General Maintenance --

1/ Keep all visible threads clean at all times. This is very important for the flow of current.

2/ Keep the atomiser connector end dry. If you see liquid around the atomiser connector pin, take some kitchen roll and/or a hairdryer and dry out any excess liquid that may be present. Same goes if you see liquid around the spring end. For a full clean/dry, remove the spring/pin and dry out thoroughly from the inside with a hairdryer. Perform this whenever you notice excessive liquid getting through - this will only affect your GG if you drip smoke excessively.

3/ Always ensure the spring is pushing the pin well above the insulation tubing before you screw in an atomiser. This will affect the contact being made with the atomiser. A bad contact will result in no vapour being produced and could potentially damage atomisers/batteries. If the pin is not making a good contact, extend the spring accordingly.

4/ Always make sure that the button contact areas are clean for transmission. Giving the two contact points a good wipe with an alcohol based wipe should do the trick.

5/ Never over tighten threaded parts.

6/ Always ensure that the GG battery area is free from any liquid.

Anyway, there's a start - any more tips feel free to add..... :)
and repost to keep it bumped............

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
Won't hate you Rejoice. In fact I am following your travails very closely because my new Nano is rather inconsistent, sometimes it won't vape at all, other times it's just OK, I'm using several 901 atties with it. It's good to see your photos but I'm having trouble understanding the instructions - so what's new? :rolleyes:

Imeo, looks like you'll be supplying the new version in Rose Gold, Yellow Gold, and White Gold - just like gold jewellery :)

scylla
Scylla, did you try to clean your button yet? Make sure you get the right sandpaper. Sakis,has a video on how to clean the button on forum.

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
smokindeuce;293075]
I just thought I'd start a thread on how to maintain your GG and general advice to get the best performance - please feel free to add from your own personal experience: :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Battery Insertion --

1/ For all of you that have no spring to the back cup,
please put the batteries with the (-) to the button.

2/ All the other friends that have a spring to the back cup
must do the opposite. (The (+) to the button).

There is no diference at all to the GG's abilities,
just an internal change
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the first time I've heard you put the + to the back cup (the atty end cup?) if you have a spring in your back cup.. I have a spring in my back cup..

I've only JUST tried the above and it doesn't work..

<<<confused :-x

any comments?

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
This is the first time I've heard you put the + to the back cup (the atty end cup?) if you have a spring in your back cup.. I have a spring in my back cup..

I've only JUST tried the above and it doesn't work..

<<<confused :-x

any comments?

Vaughanie... Do you have the type of spring that is a coil? I have the type that is a brass disk on the atty end and I put the batteries in with the positive end toward the atty end.

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
I have a coil..

also I still haven't laid my hands on 1000 grade sandpaper so i've been using a pencil rubber to get cack off the button.. which seems to work for a day or so.. when I get to the stationers I'm thinking of getting a pen rubber (think harder than a pencil rubber) for my poor contact on my button

I really MUST find some time to get down the D.I.Y. store, but I'm not the most practical thing on the planet..

and frankly this whole allen wrench business is instilling me a bit of trepidation... I must google allen wrench jpg to see what tools I might be playing with shortly.

Hopefully I won't give up the will to live..:p

I guess I'm a bit of a luxury item just like the GG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread