Status
Not open for further replies.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
2/ All the other friends that have a spring to the back cup
must do the opposite. (The (+) to the button).

-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the first time I've heard you put the + to the back cup (the atty end cup?) if you have a spring in your back cup.. I have a spring in my back cup..

read it again vaughnie,
you have it backwards ----- ha ha -----

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
Won't hate you Rejoice. In fact I am following your travails very closely because my new Nano is rather inconsistent, sometimes it won't vape at all, other times it's just OK, I'm using several 901 atties with it. It's good to see your photos but I'm having trouble understanding the instructions - so what's new? :rolleyes:

Imeo, looks like you'll be supplying the new version in Rose Gold, Yellow Gold, and White Gold - just like gold jewellery :)

scylla

scylla... I missed this post somehow. :confused: I'm sorry your not enjoying your Nano. I was so excited for you when you snagged the last one. Maybe someone can help troubleshoot for you if you post the specific problems you're having.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
I have a coil..

also I still haven't laid my hands on 1000 grade sandpaper so i've been using a pencil rubber to get cack off the button.. which seems to work for a day or so.. when I get to the stationers I'm thinking of getting a pen rubber (think harder than a pencil rubber) for my poor contact on my button

I really MUST find some time to get down the D.I.Y. store, but I'm not the most practical thing on the planet..

and frankly this whole allen wrench business is instilling me a bit of trepidation... I must google allen wrench jpg to see what tools I might be playing with shortly.

Hopefully I won't give up the will to live..:p

I guess I'm a bit of a luxury item just like the GG?

Vaughanie - you can also find 1000 and higher grit sandpaper at Auto Zone. That was a tip Rejoice shared with us.

You will need a 3 mm allen wrench to unscrew that little silver allen screw that's inside the GG case.

I found a packet of metric allen wrenches at Lowe's.

After you partly unscrew the allen screw simply slide the button assembly out of the GG case. Then you can adjust the little nut at the end of the button.

winged avenger

Moved On
Jul 7, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: spammer

winged avenger

Moved On
Jul 7, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

winged avenger

Moved On
Jul 7, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
Vaughanie - you can also find 1000 and higher grit sandpaper at Auto Zone. That was a tip Rejoice shared with us.

You will need a 3 mm allen wrench to unscrew that little silver allen screw that's inside the GG case.

I found a packet of metric allen wrenches at Lowe's.

After you partly unscrew the allen screw simply slide the button assembly out of the GG case. Then you can adjust the little nut at the end of the button.

Thanks for this - but I don't have an allen screw inside my GG case or at least a visible one... Is this on the later editions (I understand the switch has been changing)?

If I unscrewed the tiny nut and get the whole switch out (I'm guessing this is one other way to go) I'm not sure quite how I would get it back on again..
:confused:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Thanks for this - but I don't have an allen screw inside my GG case or at least a visible one... Is this on the later editions (I understand the switch has been changing)?

If I unscrewed the tiny nut and get the whole switch out (I'm guessing this is one other way to go) I'm not sure quite how I would get it back on again..

oh Vaughanie, you are so precious,
you sound about as handy as me,
absolutely hopeless, ha ha ha ,
I have to have instructions to change a light bulb--
for the booton cleaning --------
try the chemist for the smoothaway hair remover pads
for hair removal on your legs instead of shaving,
thats what I use, undersupervision -- of course --
but it works real good........
and we are always here to help,
just ask away hon, -------

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA

Oops!! I don't know how the earlier editions of the GG are made.

Hopefully someone can help you out with the one you have.

There must be something inside the GG case holding the button assembly in place.

Probably just a good cleaning is all it needs anyway.

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Oops!! I don't know how the earlier editions of the GG are made.

Hopefully someone can help you out with the one you have.

There must be something inside the GG case holding the button assembly in place.

nu-uh, mine just pops right out of the hole,
and pops right back in again -------
it has some kinda rubber encasing it,
and it fits -- snug asa bug ------------

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

Vaug, sorry I didnt see earlier that something is going on. Whats the matter friend? Please tell me

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
If you go back a pagen to page 39 you'll get the general drift..

Mamu is suggesting taking apart the button by using an allen wrench.. I can't even see an allen screw for the allen wrench.. mine might be an earlier switch design.

I only see a tiny screw at the end of the switch, which IF I unscrewed to take the switch out I think i'd have a hard job refixing after inserting the whole lot back in again.

This by the way was to achieve a small adjustment on the tiny screw at the end for better contact with the case.

I still haven't found time to go to a D.I.Y store for fine sandpaper, but have been using pencil rubber on the end just to get me out of trouble (but this is only successful for a day or so). Hopefully, I'll have some time come Thursday morning when I'm off work.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
If you go back a pagen to page 39 you'll get the general drift..

Mamu is suggesting taking apart the button by using an allen wrench.. I can't even see an allen screw for the allen wrench.. mine might be an earlier switch design.

I only see a tiny screw at the end of the switch, which IF I unscrewed to take the switch out I think i'd have a hard job refixing after inserting the whole lot back in again.

This by the way was to achieve a small adjustment on the tiny screw at the end for better contact with the case.

I still haven't found time to go to a D.I.Y store for fine sandpaper, but have been using pencil rubber on the end just to get me out of trouble (but this is only successful for a day or so). Hopefully, I'll have some time come Thursday morning when I'm off work.

I undestand the issue. If you use a sand paper you will earn 2 things

1) much better and quicker remove of the material that "sits" on the button and the case because of the current flow

2) you will shape the button so it will take the same shape with the inside GG's case. That means that the best contact will occure all the time:)

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
Thes makes quite fabulous sense.. thanks Sakis

the emery board I was originally using although fine sandpaper is flat and doesn't give

fine sandpaper would curve around the screw.

However, would there be a circumstance where I might have to remove my switch (like Mamu had to) and because mine is an earlier design I would experience difficulty without the right tools?

I'm wondering why I haven't got an allen screw inside mine?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
The allen exists Vaug to the latest models. Its purpose is to have the owner the ability to put the batteries in any way and to have the spring inside the GG because some friends here make a mess with it :D:D:D.

But if you want to make the best job, you will take an 500 sandpaper to give shape and the 1000 sandpaper to make the best contact:)

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
But if you want to make the best job, you will take an 500 sandpaper to give shape and the 1000 sandpaper to make the best contact:)

Imeo - we get bits and pieces here and there and this makes things confusing. :confused:

This is the first I have read you say we can shape the little nut on the bottom of the button with 500 grit sandpaper.

So you are saying we can take 500 grit sandpaper for shaping and then 1000 grit sandpaper for cleaning - yes??

If we shape the nut with 500 grit sandpaper, won't the nut become too short and not make good contact with the GG case?

My poor little nut barely touches the GG case now and I have to really press the button for the nut to make contact with the GG case.

I tried unscrewing the nut just a little but then it became totally unscrewed and fired the GG so I had to tighten it back again.

Last edited:

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
Imeo - we get bits and pieces here and there and this makes things confusing. :confused:

This is the first I have read you say we can shape the little nut on the bottom of the button with 500 grit sandpaper.

So you are saying we can take 500 grit sandpaper for shaping and then 1000 grit sandpaper for cleaning - yes??

If we shape the nut with 500 grit sandpaper, won't the nut become too short and not make good contact with the GG case?

My poor little nut barely touches the GG case now and I have to really press the button for the nut to make contact with the GG case.

I tried unscrewing the nut just a little but then it became totally unscrewed and fired the GG so I had to tighten it back again.

I have the opposite problem with my button. The button touches the case and cause the button to stay on. If I keep it clean this does not happen.
I have to clean the button every other day. Its like my button is too long or something. Maybe ,I need the 500 grit sandpaper to shape the button smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread