Status
Not open for further replies.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
I have the opposite problem with my button. The button touches the case and cause the button to stay on. If I keep it clean this does not happen.
I have to clean the button every other day. Its like my button is too long or something. Maybe ,I need the 500 grit sandpaper to shape the button smaller?

Rejoice - want to trade buttons with me? :D

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
I can honestly say no. A too long button can be fixed, I think.:confused:

Yes, probably.

I make a temporary fix for my button being just an unch too short.

I cut a teeny tiny piece of a very thin brass nail with tin snippers and dropped it into the nut and then screwed the nut back on the button.

This makes the button just an unch longer so it makes better contact with the GG case.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I have the opposite problem with my button. The button touches the case and cause the button to stay on. If I keep it clean this does not happen.
I have to clean the button every other day. Its like my button is too long or something. Maybe ,I need the 500 grit sandpaper to shape the button smaller?
Rejoice this is your solution because it will get shorter and it will take its shape so you will clean it every 2 months then.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Yes, probably.

I make a temporary fix for my button being just an unch too short.

I cut a teeny tiny piece of a very thin brass nail with tin snippers and dropped it into the nut and then screwed the nut back on the button.

This makes the button just an unch longer so it makes better contact with the GG case.

Mamu you can do the same by putting a little metallic nut to the same place. They are easy to find anywhere and in many widths (1mm, 2mm etc). You must take care not to be big in diameter (1-2 mm bigger than the button is accepted:)
As for the sand paper, yes you can give the right shape. You do 6-7 moves with the sand (like my video), then you turn the button 1/4 circle, do the same, 1/4 again and 1/4 again. Then you do the same with the 1000 sandpaper.:)

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Mamu you can do the same by putting a little metallic nut to the same place. They are easy to find anywhere and in many widths (1mm, 2mm etc). You must take care not to be big in diameter (1-2 mm bigger than the button is accepted:)
As for the sand paper, yes you can give the right shape. You do 6-7 moves with the sand (like my video), then you turn the button 1/4 circle, do the same, 1/4 again and 1/4 again. Then you do the same with the 1000 sandpaper.:)

Thanks SO much Imeo - will do :)

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
I did not have any 500 grit sandpaper. So I took the switch out and worked on the nut pin. Now finally I think this is good. It took the 1000 sandpaper and sanded it some.
Now it does not touch the wall tube. It is real close like it is suppose to be. Vapes great using the 801 adapter. Sakis, this will have to do until I receive something from you to fix the other problem.

801 Is a very good vape anyway. Will be waiting until ,I get something to fix the atomizer cap to use the 510 and 901.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I did not have any 500 grit sandpaper. So I took the switch out and worked on the nut pin. Now finally I think this is good. It took the 1000 sandpaper and sanded it some.
Now it does not touch the wall tube. It is real close like it is suppose to be. Vapes great using the 801 adapter. Sakis, this will have to do until I receive something from you to fix the other problem.

801 Is a very good vape anyway. Will be waiting until ,I get something to fix the atomizer cap to use the 510 and 901.

Do you want to send you the part sweety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread