The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GG Tilemahos Armed

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Oct 28, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Yaya

Yaya Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi, you may need to adjust your power settings for use with TAE. Also you might try zirconium spring.;):rolleyes:

2. Boris Jordan

Boris Jordan Full Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Thanks.
    I tried zi spring today with the same result. Srawbery Cream tastes not like strawbery but simmilar to fried suger...
    I am running in wattage mode with 13-18 Watt max.

• Like Like x 1
  3. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    did you wash it first bj? If not, wash it and then boil it in milk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boris Jordan

Boris Jordan Full Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Hey.
    Yes sure. It was full of oil. Washed it with isopropanol and then with soap water.
    I also tried to vape the base without aroma and it was as expected neutral taste.

5. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    fantastic BJ! And thats how a wire has to taste, neutral. Wires with taste after washing them are not good for vaping

6. Boris Jordan

Boris Jordan Full Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Hello Imeo,

I think there is a misunderstanding.
    1. Just for testing I tried to vape clear base without any flavour and the taste was neutral. This means that the device is clean-
    2. Now I try to vape my liquid with flavour and I don't get the taste which the liquid should have. It should taste like strawberry cream but in TAE the taste is more like sugar syrup.
    In my Nautilus everything is ok.
    This is what I can't understand. Same liquid tastes completely different. And I am not very sensible for flavours, but in this case the difference is huuuge.

• Like Like x 1
  7. subver

subver Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    EDIT: sorry wrong thread!

8. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    sorry, I understand now Boris. All these with Zr?

9. Boris Jordan

Boris Jordan Full Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Hey Imeo.
    I already tried SS, Zir, Own spaced wick with Kanthal, Muji cotton, Kendo cotton. Nothing helps :(

10. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    it seems that you may need to boil the deck in milk Boris. The smell of the machines persist sometimes and changes the taste of the liquids

11. Boris Jordan

Boris Jordan Full Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Haha interresting idea.
    I will try that. Howewer I don't think it will help because if it would be the oil then the taste would be horrible. But in my case tge tast is ok, it is just different.
    Do you think I also need to boil the chimney?

12. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    only deck will be ok bj. But boiling chimney will not hurt for sure. Maybe its good to boil every place that air passes, including chimney

13. Boris Jordan

Boris Jordan Full Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Looks like I am close to a solution.
    This time I made a microcoil with more wicks, so I came to 1.6 Ohm.
    Other than in all videos I didn't push the coil all way down to the air hole, instead I placed it in the middle between the hole and the top of the deck.
    I also took a bit more cotton and cut it not on the base, but left about 2-3mm long ends outside of the base and then moved the cotton ends a bit inside of the liquid slots closer to the coil.
    The taste is now close to the Nautilus.
    Well, I am still not sure what exactly made the trick - microcoil instead of spaced one, higher resistance, more cotton, longer cuts, or the position of the coil. But I think I am on the right way.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  14. thocig

thocig Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    all factors play a role but I think the position of the coil is the most important here. I have 2 Tile Armed. I use one in springomizer mode and the other one in classic mode. On the second one I place the coil roughly as high (low) as the spring in springomizer mode... which works perfectly fine for my vaping style (pure MTL, pretty restrictive air). As far as the coil goes I think spaced coils actually taste "better" (richer) than microcoils... YMMV...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Boris Jordan

Boris Jordan Full Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Interesting.Because spaced coil all way down didn't taste well for me. But because I am still unsure what exactly helped in my case I can't say more. Maybe it was liquid flow. If I will identify the culprit I will go back to spaced coil at same high as spring. But how did you move the coil down? When I did this I produced 2 meters long legs from screws to the coil :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sparkie1968

Sparkie1968 Full Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Kent, United Kingdom
    Hello @imeothanasis,
    I was wondering whether there will be any more TAE made, i sadly missed out!!

17. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    23mm are still in stock sparkie!

18. thocig

thocig Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Hi Imeo,

the new 1.2mm pin is great! I just leave the AFC fully open and still have a restricted draw which is perfectly fine for my style of vaping.

Question about the new curved chimney (TAE-style). Since it‘s larger than the regular chimney am I correct assuming you get a less dense vape?

Many thanks!

19. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Hi thocig!

People say that the new chimney increase a lot the taste but it doesnt affect the dense of the vape. Maybe the hit is smoother but dense stays the same. In fact thats my opinion too :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. thocig

thocig Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Hi Imeo.
    Ordered and tested.
    Personally I don‘t really agree.
    Taste is a bit different but not necessarily increased (with my liquid).
    Hit is in fact a bit smoother.
    But the vape is a bit less dense (as I‘ve assumed).
    Since the curved chimney is larger you also reduce the liquid capacity.
    Personally I prefer the original chimney.
    But hey... that‘s how things are ... and I really appreciate that you continue to design new parts even for „older“ products.
    Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1