Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Keep in mind that's 28 gauge. You're using 29 gauge so at same wattage yours will run hotter faster.

Hey Aal I just made that same build, 1/16" 8 wrap 28 gauge with the rayon in the cup like you posted.. So far so good! Really good flavor and saturation.. Time will tell about the leaks, but I am really enjoying this build so thanks for posting it.
How many turns do you typically open your mouthpiece? I use, I believe, 80vg/20pg.. Been keeping it at 2 turns so far but I'm closing it up little by little to find the perfect amount.

Very nice vape so far! If this stays this nice it may just be my standard build now!

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
This may not have anything to do with your issue but I have found that after 2-3 tanks usually the act of opening and closing the mouthpiece will sometimes cause my wick to no longer sit in the channels correctly and this causes flooding. So previously once a dayish I would take the tank off and make sure the wick was seated correctly. However my current build I ran just a tiny bit down the channels. and kinda tucked them in at the bottom of the channels near the base. Not much just maybe 1/10 of the wick goes down the channels the rest is cut flush. So far I am at day 3 and about 3 fills and no issues. Something you might try if the problem continues.

aleks1502

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2011
Russia Ekaterinburg
8b5287f2cd8f.jpg

adcbee96a115.jpg

Last edited:

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The rayon/titanium combo is the best IMO. As for the build, I like a single coil that is spaced out with none of the coil wraps touching each other. I use 28g titanium and it's not micro. I use a 7/64" size bit to wrap. I am able to put a good amount of Rayon inside the coil.

With this build I tried just tucking the rayon inside the cup and leaving the channels empty. It didn't work so well. I could not get it to stop gurgling, even with the juice control barely open.

I did the same build and cut the rayon at an angle so there is only a little bit of it going in the channels and not really anything sitting in the cup.

With this set-up the juice flows nice. I don't even worry about the juice control that much. It can be open a little or a lot and it just works. I don't even close the juice control when I am not using it. But I do have a habit of shutting and opening the juice control when I pick it up after I haven't vaped for awhile. Just to see where the juice control is at. Because a few times I start vaping and didn't realize the JC was off, which can cause a burned wick.

I also try to keep the tank filled. If I vape it until the tank is empty then I might get a slightly burned taste, which is no good and it will ruin it and then the wick needs to be changed.

The coil is 0.6 ohms on Esterigon. I think I am on day 8 with this build. [emoji4] And still going strong with no burn flavor.

Imeo is right about the slightly open lips for bigger clouds. I also keep the AC fully open.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
This may not have anything to do with your issue but I have found that after 2-3 tanks usually the act of opening and closing the mouthpiece will sometimes cause my wick to no longer sit in the channels correctly and this causes flooding. So previously once a dayish I would take the tank off and make sure the wick was seated correctly. However my current build I ran just a tiny bit down the channels. and kinda tucked them in at the bottom of the channels near the base. Not much just maybe 1/10 of the wick goes down the channels the rest is cut flush. So far I am at day 3 and about 3 fills and no issues. Something you might try if the problem continues.

I actually think this is the real issue for me.. when I took my build apart last night I noticed the wicks were not in the channels anymore.. definitely getting snagged on the mouthpiece threads and getting pulled up I think. With the rayon tucked inside the cup I'm hoping that won't be an issue.. some is tucked into the cup, against the walls right under the channels, and some of it is lead into the channels.. so I think either way that wick is getting saturated. I need to remember to keep this in mind because now that I think about it that was the issue with my Ithaka every so often... even if just one side comes out of the channel it starts flooding, but also still vapes decent so it was a weird issue.. but yeah that has to be it.. I don't know why I didn't realize this before posting :p

I am seriously loving this current build I copied from Aal, though! I don't think the wick placement will have flooding issues there.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
you are right blue. LC is totally nessesary on atomizers. And we are talking about a true and responsive control like Tilemahos's. Other controls that saturate more or less a ton of wick are not direct controls. They are controls that may work after 20 puffs when you close it and after 20 puffs again when you open it

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I noticed that with the new rebuildable style of GG atomizers and cotton, juice control doesn't have its meaning like it had with fiber and nr-r-nr setup.
I think it's time for the new design.

The other day I was thinking about that, maybe a shorter rebuildable part (in where the mouthpiece is screwed on), half the current size?, the channels for the wick will be positioned almost at the bottom of it.

That way the juice control will still working, less turns would be required to achieve good liquid flow (the liquid would exert more pressure), and the wick would be flush on channels (or almost flush on them).

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
The other day I was thinking about that, maybe a shorter rebuildable part (in where the mouthpiece is screwed on), half the current size?, the channels for the wick will be positioned almost at the bottom of it.

That way the juice control will still working, less turns would be required to achieve good liquid flow (the liquid would exert more pressure), and the wick would be flush on channels (or almost flush on them).
I am with this. There is too much height now for liquid control. since I stopped silica liquid always reaches the top. With smaller rebuildable part it will reach faster especially when your liquid is low.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
shorter housing doesnt work Ariel. I have made enough prototypes with shorter housing and it gets flooded. We need at least 6mm height of the housing.

The current liquid control is the best to my opinion after a lot of experiments I have made on this issue. Its very responsive, quick, and really allows more or less liquid to the wick.

Maybe more shallow channels would be even better.

If some members have a problem with flooding, the solution is simple and users have to start thinking if it seriously because this solution have to be applied for VIR.

This solution can be applied very easy on GG atomizers and drippers. I hope it can apply easy on other atomizers too. So, you put some wick inside the housing to cover the part of the wire that is exposed and its not covered by wick. The procedure is very easy. Check this video after minute 4:00

Last edited:

JMBH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Madrid , Spain
Covering wires tip works perfect for me . Since Imeo showed this tip some time ago , I'm doing so, to all my builds . I get more vapor and zero flooding as well . :)
I was not having flooding problems before , only sometimes when liquid already very low but was easy to control still . But now with this procedure , perfect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread