GGTB fail Cisco 901 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I really like my GGTB, I like how it can use so many batteries because of the Telescoping Battery component. Fwiw I remember that Imeo didn't recommend the ultrafires as they were too wide...... Also, I have not purchased any of the nickel plated ones because I have heard of the tarnishing issue some have had........to each his own, nice review!:thumb:

Do you think 2.0 ohm attys work better at 4.2V or 3.7V?:confused:

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I really like my GGTB, I like how it can use so many batteries because of the Telescoping Battery component. Fwiw I remember that Imeo didn't recommend the ultrafires as they were too wide...... Also, I have not purchased any of the nickel plated ones because I have heard of the tarnishing issue some have had........to each his own, nice review!:thumb:

Do you think 2.0 ohm attys work better at 4.2V or 3.7V?:confused:
Imeo may not recommend the ultrafire's but the US sellers (both of the recent ones) do not warn against it, the Australian seller actually has the Ultrafire as a listed battery to buy for the GGTB or they did when I bought mine.

I didn't mention the TB insert because you can buy it separately, or at least you could when vapor kings sold the GG's. With it you can turn any 17670 sized mod into a TB. You could have a CopperTB or a prodigyTB, I assume. Besides I understand the point of it but honestly I would never carry a 14500 battery in this relatively large mod when I have a tiny little box mod made for them. I hear he is making a 14500 mod which will probably be smaller in overall length when it comes out.

You are absolutely right about the tarnishing, in hindsight I should have just gotten the aluminum one as the only parts of my mod still as shiny as the day I bought it are the aluminum end caps...mind you I am not overly concerned with a bit of tarnish its just something that needs to be mentioned for purpose of a full review.

The 2.0 ohm is good on the madvapes 3.7 box mod on full charge (4.2v), of course it burns a little hotter at that point but its relatively tamer on TH and heat while being more flavorful across the normal range of your average range of your 3.7 battery compared to a LR306. I actually prefer it all the way around compared to a 2ohm 510 and maybe the 1.5 510. Volt per Volt it is going to produce good vapor and great flavor with a trade off of some heat and a good bit of TH...and it leaks a bit if you are not careful.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Actually that 17670 peaks full charge at 4.2 or just slightly under as do most 3.7 Batts so you have the availability of getting 4.12-4.2v worth of vaping time for a good bit of time on that Batt and 2ohm Atty, then it will drop off to about 3.85 for a while then the last percentage it will go to 3.7 so you have a bit of a VV while vaping once it hits 3.65 it needs to be charged, dont quote my exact numbers but AW does show the chart on the flashlight forum.

Last edited:

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
The 17670 does, but the internal resistance on a GGTB lowers that a bit.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/158068-what-can-cause-voltage-drop-ggtb.html

I did have a home made copper spring in it from home depot but it was a bit thin so I have resorted to using the one that came with it, the cone shaped spring, until the cloudsofvapor site offers the copper spring. I did measure the resistance on the spring that came with it at .4 ohms and after cleaning .3ohms.... imeo says the multimeter can be off by .1 but there is no reason to assume it is off in favor of a lower instead of higher resistance, I don't have an under load test device but given the fully charged 4.17 voltage on the 17670 and the .3 ohms of resistance I think I get less total voltage out of this than my box mod at full charge.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
The maintenance issues asside...

Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of having a classy mod like the GGTB and running it with a crappy grey Ultrafire? I can see some frustration in the fact that it's not listed on vendor's websites, but come on...you don't put 87 octane in your racecar, why would you put a grey Ultrafire in your GG?

All in all, some very valid points were shown, especially with the nickel. But, the price (which is less than $80 for the actual mod...since you get 10% off w/ coupon code) is reasonable enough for those that want the extra class. I mean the GG is from a completely different "terrestial realm" than a plastic box mod.

Also, you almost never get a full battery voltage under load. I have yet to see a mod that will take a battery and allow you to feed the full 4.2v (on full charge) directly to an atomizer. The battery just can't do it w/o some electrical help (read: boosters). Best I have seen personally is about 4.1v from an AW Hi-Drain.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
The maintenance issues asside...

Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of having a classy mod like the GGTB and running it with a crappy grey Ultrafire?

Well.....when it comes to 14500's I prefer the High drain AW's however both of these are just protected 17670's as, to the best of my knowledge, the 17670 is not available in high drain. This somewhat limits the appeal of the AW since it costs 5 times as much as an ultrafire, sure it has a better rated MAH on it, as in its mah rating represents what is in the battery but for me they both lasted a day and then I take them out to recharge them while using something else.

Is the actual vaping experience better on the AW li-ion than the ultrafire? I don't know I can't do a side by side since the both my ultrafire 17670's are now non functioning due to the device detaping them (putting tape on myself makes them impossible to get inside the device) but these AW's don't seem to be doing anything more than the Ultrafire that worked.

Thanks for the comment though, if you have any 17670 comparison data out there that shows different let me know.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
Well.....when it comes to 14500's I prefer the High drain AW's however both of these are just protected 17670's as, to the best of my knowledge, the 17670 is not available in high drain. This somewhat limits the appeal of the AW since it costs 5 times as much as an ultrafire, sure it has a better rated MAH on it, as in its mah rating represents what is in the battery but for me they both lasted a day and then I take them out to recharge them while using something else.

Is the actual vaping experience better on the AW li-ion than the ultrafire? I don't know I can't do a side by side since the both my ultrafire 17670's are now non functioning due to the device detaping them (putting tape on myself makes them impossible to get inside the device) but these AW's don't seem to be doing anything more than the Ultrafire that worked.

Thanks for the comment though, if you have any 17670 comparison data out there that shows different let me know.

AvidVaper sells a BDL IMR 17670 for $8.99. From everything I have ever seen the BDL IMR's are Hi-Drain batteries. You sacrifice some of the overrated mAh that you see on Ultrafire and Trustfire batts for consistent vaping. Meaning you'll stay at a higher voltage longer.

AW 17670 batts can be had for $10.50 from a few different sources.

Is the actual vaping experience better on AW or Hi-Drains? Yes...at least it is in 18650's, 16340's, and 14500's. I don't see any reason that a 17670 would be any different. The AW 2600mAh 18650's are the best performing batteries over time, while the AW Hi-Drains will keep at a higher voltage consistently over a shorter period of run-time. That extra bit of voltage in a more consistent discharge leads to a better all-around vape during the day.

Unfortunately, I can't find any concrete testing that shows several 17670 batts over time...but I can't see why the 17670 battery type would behave any differently than the testing done with other more common battery types of the same brands.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I do agree with this, and the IMR is a fantastic Batt which hits harder longer holding the voltage while using an LR Atty than the regular AW's. All in all the AW's are of the highest quality of Batts you can buy and I wont run anything else accept my Redilast Batts which are of the same quality as the AW's and perform flawlessly and much better than an ultrafires or any other brand batt and right there with the AW's. Back to the IMR this Batt is the Batt to use when using an LR Atty of any make and is made to carry the 2amp draw while using the LR and hold the voltage steady for a longer time.

I also have to agree with Bailray on running a quality Batt in any mod, if your going to spend the money for a quality mod then you dont want to put a $3 Batt in it when you can run the higher octane higher quality of an AW type Batt, it's the difference of running a ford to a Mercedes Benz and also the skins on the AW's are far superior of that on the ultra fires and don't peel off as easy from my findings and the AW & Redilast are far superior in quality and performance.

However as for GG's I have to agree with Goldenkobold they are only an over priced vaping machine, I've been through it for almost 2 years of using them all and had a huge collection and I'm glad I sold them off, you have to constantly buy Imeos updates to have the better working Mod you purchased. I believe he is making and knows what those updates are a lot of the times before he even releases the new Mod and makes a small fortune selling them to everyone and its part of the marketing plan of sales to make more money, especially proven because every mod he has ever released has updates time and time again ! There are many other things I disagree with about the GG thing but I will refrain from communicating any further about that.

Everyone has choices,,, having been vaping for some time now I think that 3.7 is 3.7 4.2 is 4.2 4.6 is 4.6 and so on and on, and it mostly comes down to the voltage and using the correct ohm Atty to achieve the proper wattage overall giving each individual there sweet spot vape. Now along with that is delivering your liquids to that proper volts, ohms, watts, and Atty and how you choose to want to deliver that liquid, it's all very subjective and why there are hundreds of PV's of choice for us all to purchase now (Choices are great to have). Lastly but not least you have to give Imeo credit he does put out a nice PV it's just how much do you want to pay to get the same vape elsewhere for less again "choices" . Personally, I will take my Reo Gran, VV Ali'i & Provari over any GG and I eagerly await the new Eclipse Mod to be released by Mario (Shadow) which I hope will be terrific, as well as future Mods that will keep advancing the entire vaping world and keep the entire vaping community in Bliss forever

Goldenkobold you put out a honest review and this is one thing I can say is of great help to the vaping community, there are some who hype a unit that isn't all that just to create sales for people and there good at doing that. We need more reviewers on ECF like you who tell it like it is, Great Job in my opinion on your review of the GG & Cisco Atty keep going on doing the reviews, well done.!!!

Last edited:

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
Goldenkobold you put out a honest review and this is one thing I can say is of great help to the vaping community, there are some who hype a unit that isn't all that just to create sales, we need more reviewers on ECF like you who tell it like it is, Great Job in my opinion on your review of the GG & Cisco Atty keep going on doing the reviews, well done.!!!

For the record, I'm not attempting to troll or discredit this review. I don't own and have not owned a GG, nor do I have any immediate plans to own one in the near future. Just saying that there is a WORLD of difference between running a crappy UltraFire and running an AW. It truly does change the overall vaping experience.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
For the record, I'm not attempting to troll or discredit this review. I don't own and have not owned a GG, nor do I have any immediate plans to own one in the near future. Just saying that there is a WORLD of difference between running a crappy UltraFire and running an AW. It truly does change the overall vaping experience.

I don't feel like you are attempting to troll Basilray, I truly appreciate the input. I did say in the video that AW's are great batteries...in fact I think I said "best batteries". I am just not convinced at this mah rating with my usage (that is never dropping much below the 3.65v range before recharging due to the high mah and my vaping style) the difference is as large as it is on 14500's...combined with the fact that neither the AW or the UF are High-Drain. It is important to remember that neither of these are IMR, just protected 17670's. I hope I didn't make too much of a big deal with the batteries because, while it is worth mentioning, it was only a small component to the overall experience with the device. That being said I personally didn't notice a huge difference in the function of the device using the protected 17670's from AW over the UF. Not at all like the difference I notice when using IMR 14500s compared to cheap 14500s anyway.

@mwa,
I agree the GG line is dependent on after market add ons for the full effect, that being said this is only a review of the GGTB and doesn't reflect one way or another on the rest of his line. You are probably a better person to do that. I think some of his items are truly innovative, the multithreaded head that can take more than one atty without an adapter is a great example.....however as far as the GGTB...well it remains as I said in the video, and I will take your word on the other GG's without using my money to test them out.

I might try the 17670 from avidvaper however.

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
shouldn't need an IMR 17670, like you would in a 14500 or 16340, because the AW17670 is fully capable of continuous discharges of 2C, 3.2Amps. the amp drain from a LR atty will fall under 3 Amps, so the AW17670, functions like a high drain battery in this case, but you get the added benefit of 30% greater runtimes and short circuit protection over an IMR.

RippleInStillWater

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption

@mwa,
I agree the GG line is dependent on after market add ons for the full effect, that being said this is only a review of the GGTB and doesn't reflect one way or another on the rest of his line. You are probably a better person to do that. I think some of his items are truly innovative, the multithreaded head that can take more than one atty without an adapter is a great example.....however as far as the GGTB...well it remains as I said in the video, and I will take your word on the other GG's without using my money to test them out.

I have to disagree with mwa, I think the GG line is awesome (am I a fanboy? I don't know, I do know the GGTS is my fave vape after trying a number of others) and his thoughts should be tempered by the fact he and Imeo do not get along after being friends, or so both thought. I would recommend trying a GGTS with AVS at a meet and see how superior a system it is!:thumb:

The GGTB is a reasonably priced 3.7/6V mod IMO, nothing too spectacular but darned useful.:2c:

RippleInStillWater

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Bones you are a total fanboy(glad I could clear that up for you), but it's not a bad thing to be loyal to what you like.

Damn, you know I hate belonging to a group!:laugh: Sme fanboys drive me crazy, I never wanted to be a blind supporter -- s..., now I annoy myself!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

FWIW, I also highly recommend the GLVs and Ali's -- but we all have our faves I guess.......:oops::oops::oops:

Still, what the thread is about, a good review!!!!!:thumbs:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Solid review. Appreciate it.

Cant personally give GG products a thumbs up or down because I have never owned one. I can say I have owned a bunch of mods and wanted almost all mods out there at one time or another.

But I have never once wished to own a GG. Even if I was offered a super deal on one I would pass. Just not my cup of tea. Just way to many parts, revisions, and hassle IMO.

It's more the looks over performance for me I guess. The only other mod I can think of that I am SURE I wouldn't own is the Darwin. It might be a great vape, but I'm not sucking on a TV remote.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polioud

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2010
Greece
Everything GG put aside what stands above everything else in my mind is the close tank feeding system imeo designed (AVS, AFS, UFS <younameit>S :p). Honestly once I got mine working to my needs, I can't see myself gettin any mod if it doesn't provide a same principle feeding system (with both air and liquid flow control). And no, bottom feeders don't quite cut it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread