Ggts battery spring and brass button pole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
A heads up on the new brass button screws, they are longer than the SS ones on the older buttons. You can install them, but unless you get a thicker locking nut you can't lock the button, the nut screws right off the end of the threads before it touches the button head. Hopefully Imeo will send out some of the thicker locking nuts so we can convert the older buttons to brass pins and have full functionality.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Bacc, is there enough threading to cut some of it off to make it shorter?

I'm pretty sure the button head bottoms out on the threads, so to go about it that way, the threading would need to be extended. I don't have things in front of me right now to verify, but I'm almost sure that's the case. The easiest solution would be a thicker locking nut, like the new buttons have.

Another thing I've noticed is the new brass axis posts are longer than the SS ones, not a super big deal, but it makes the difference between extension threads showing or not when using a kick w/18650, without an extra top tube. I wonder why the change in dimensions for these parts.

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
You got that right
It is a full time job trying to get parts for a GG
And the way the parts just keep changing sure doesn't help either

BTW
I don't think the brass battery springs were even made available at COV
Not even for the 15 minutes most other parts were made available

Last edited:

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
BTW
I don't think the brass battery springs were even made available at COV
Not even for the 15 minutes most other parts were made available

They were up. I saw them available when I bought my UFS from the site.(I think it was that night). I don't believe they lasted more than 15 minutes though.

Last edited:

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
A heads up on the new brass button screws, they are longer than the SS ones on the older buttons. You can install them, but unless you get a thicker locking nut you can't lock the button, the nut screws right off the end of the threads before it touches the button head. Hopefully Imeo will send out some of the thicker locking nuts so we can convert the older buttons to brass pins and have full functionality.

I noticed that last week when the package with brass buttons screws and axis posts I bought from COV arrived :(

Tha bad thing is I couldn't update 2 ss hexagonal buttons I have for my GGTSs and Stelaths.

The good thing I had 2 flat head adjustable buttons that I bought before.

It shouldn't be difficult to extend the threading and cut the button screws to proper size, but I do not have the appropiate tools :(

I'm pretty sure the button head bottoms out on the threads, so to go about it that way, the threading would need to be extended. I don't have things in front of me right now to verify, but I'm almost sure that's the case. The easiest solution would be a thicker locking nut, like the new buttons have.

Another thing I've noticed is the new brass axis posts are longer than the SS ones, not a super big deal, but it makes the difference between extension threads showing or not when using a kick w/18650, without an extra top tube. I wonder why the change in dimensions for these parts.

I noticed that long time ago, when I bought two fuse protection upgrades (made of stainless steel), I couldn't use them in my Stealth since they are around 1mm longer than the original axis post that came with my GGTS and a SS Stealth, so what I did was to use the original axis with the fuse protection heads, so it worked perfect in Stelath mode.

However now I can't update my GGs with the brass axis posts because, as you said, they are longer, so there is no way to use them in Stealths and some threads shows when using the GGTS in 18650 mode :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread