Status
Not open for further replies.

jralabate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Nampa, Idaho
www.about.me
Ok all I'm start this thread because of the many people getting this Clone. In here we can chat about to pro's and con's of it; how-to's, tips and tricks. So lets get this clear GGST stands for Golden Greek Telescoping Storm this is one of the best mods out there made by Imeo. This mod is a clone of the GGTS. CCST stands for Copper Chinese Telescoping Storm. And Chi Chi kind of sounds like GG. And some vendors are calling it China GG. GG is short for Golden Greek some people call most Golden Greek mod GG because it is quicker to say or type Golden Greek.

There are some vendors that carry the CCTS and a coming up coop that will go live soon( http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coop-planning-discussion/363482-gg-clone-round-2-a.html ). I am in a coop right now and will be getting mine soon!

So lets get chatting!!!!:vapor: Feel free to post pics also!!!!

GTX6_zps7460983b.jpg

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I'm going to be getting one of these soon. I'm digging the new Smok stainless steel version with the flat top but I haven't found a vendor that carries them yet. (When it comes to these Chinese knockoffs, I find the vendor price can often be cheaper or the same as the coop price).

No way am I shelling out $200+ for a stainless steel, aluminum, or brass tube with a 510 connection. :unsure:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Keep working at it and you will get there...I own nothing that hits better

And nothing should, at least in a mechanical mod. It's a tube with a switch and connector. They should all, if built properly, hit the same.

It is the Craftsmanship that sets the GG apart. Not so much what it does but how it makes you feel while doing it.

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
And nothing should, at least in a mechanical mod. It's a tube with a switch and connector. They should all, if built properly, hit the same.

It is the Craftsmanship that sets the GG apart. Not so much what it does but how it makes you feel while doing it.
Key words "if built properly".

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida

Feelings have nothing to do with how hard it hits or how easy it is to buff out and make look brand new even on the old ones......yea its the craftmanship I don't have walmart electroplated weding rings I won't have a electroplated device next to my mouth from a country where quality is strictly luck of the draw.....but trust me feelings have nothing to do with it.

But to each his or her own if it keeps you off the stinkies...then vape away

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I would use it without question.....and imr aw protected

i see COV have the 2cent reuseable - but they're out of stock right now. i'm hoping to use a smaller aw imr - maybe 18350 or 18490. the aw's i have are the red. they dont say protected but i think i was assuming they were. wanting to have a set-up thats more stealthier / front pocket friendly.

Karn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Adel, GA
Its really not very big at all with a carto in 18650 its not much longer than a vamo body. A fuse is a good idea I use CGR18650CH's in mine and no problems so far but playing it safe is always a good idea

i see COV have the 2cent reuseable - but they're out of stock right now. i'm hoping to use a smaller aw imr - maybe 18350 or 18490. the aw's i have are the red. they dont say protected but i think i was assuming they were. wanting to have a set-up thats more stealthier / front pocket friendly.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
have another question regarding RBAs and the CCST. for the most part have been using DCTanks. got a vivi nova few months ago but only played with it and never really but it in daily use. recently got a terminator. i do want to use it on a daily basis. in this interim would it be advisable to not use it with a mechanical until i've reached the end of the learning curve regarding coil rebuilds?

thinking about it, i may just want to use the CCST with a 3ml tank to keep it small and light. my term weighs a ton.

any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated - thanks

Karn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Adel, GA
All I use is RBA's, as long as you take your time and make sure you set it up right you will be good to go. If you get the fuse your even better protected.
I find its easier to use a VV device set at 3-3.3v to set up my RBA's the mec mods tend to be unforgiving and will pop a bad coil before you have a chance to work it out
have another question regarding RBAs and the CCST. for the most part have been using DCTanks. got a vivi nova few months ago but only played with it and never really but it in daily use. recently got a terminator. i do want to use it on a daily basis. in this interim would it be advisable to not use it with a mechanical until i've reached the end of the learning curve regarding coil rebuilds?

thinking about it, i may just want to use the CCST with a 3ml tank to keep it small and light. my term weighs a ton.

any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated - thanks

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
All my 18xxx sized mechanical mods except my SB's use AW IMR's and a Holocron fuse. If that one trips, it resets itself. I never could see any logic in getting something cheap that only works once and gets thrown away.

I use protected batts in the SB's, which is what AltSmoke has always shown with them, and 26650's in the bigger mechanicals or 26500 plus kick.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
I fell in love with the GG's the first time I saw them, as much as I would love to support my fellow kinsmen, I really can't justify the cost unless the profits are being used to Offset the National Greek Debt Crisis.
When I saw the Chi Chi (love it), I knew this was the mechanical mod for me. I'm waiting for the UK arrival and I'm all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread