Status
Not open for further replies.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I have read in a few threads people mentioning something about a ggts made out of stainless steel. Has this been confirmed or is it just wishful thinking? If it is, you can put me down for one, I think that would be amazing, it would be heavy but I have no issues with that. So Imeo, is this gonna happen, if so do you have an expected release date? Thanks
Josh

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
older cap was considerably larger than the v2 caps, but the v2 cap accepted the collector tank and adjustable draw control ring making it seem bigger... but only if you wanted those functions. most will probably use the ufs on the the all stainless ggts, so a small v2 cap or something similar will probably be a good lighter weight option.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
older cap was considerably larger than the v2 caps, but the v2 cap accepted the collector tank and adjustable draw control ring making it seem bigger... but only if you wanted those functions. most will probably use the ufs on the the all stainless ggts, so a small v2 cap or something similar will probably be a good lighter weight option.

I agree with buGG, if you buy a SS one you will more than likely (and have the money) to use the new UFS on it -- well that would be my plan :laugh: -- and we wouldn't need the CT to be part of the base, a savings in parts I think. Maybe this will lead to a price cut?!?!?!?!:thumbs::party::toast: J/K Imeo!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
i'm still thinking it would be cool to lose the top sleeve altogether, make the bottom slightly longer like a GGT (great for stealthy 18350 and 18490s), if necessary a slightly longer ventilated telescope, and then the 4-in-1 adapter for the dripper's renaissance, or the ufs w/ included collector tank for the modern vaping enlightenment. the vv component can be added where the collector's tank originally was, and would just stack on the collector tank included with the ufs setup. moveable front button would be a nice option for small, 18350, palm size mode too. sounds familiar. :D

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I agree with buGG, if you buy a SS one you will more than likely (and have the money) to use the new UFS on it -- well that would be my plan :laugh: -- and we wouldn't need the CT to be part of the base, a savings in parts I think. Maybe this will lead to a price cut?!?!?!?!:thumbs::party::toast: J/K Imeo!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Ripple, I was thinking of this just today! But the problem is for the older AVS customers. If I make the CT of the steel GGTS exactly the same as the CT of UFS then the AVS will not fit. Also customers that want to buy UFS will not be able to fit it on previous GGTS models.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I dont want to make money from steel GGTS Lord, so I will add only my cost for steel pieces, that is 15 euros only. Also if you notice I didnt add anything at all to the price of UFS even if now is made from steel.

As for the delivery time, I think that in about 1,5 month it will be ready

Send my kind regards to all my Italian friends buddy:)

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I found out in another thread that the steel ggts will not have steel end caps but brass instead, I was curious if other people knew this and if so will that detour you from buying it, or does it disappoint you, or is it fine with you? I figured I should bring this up here because of the title in the thread. I for one am bummed out because I think an all stainless ggts would be unbelievable and I thought the whole point of the steel ggts was to have all the moving parts(threads, connectors, center post ect.) made of steel so it would last for 5 lifetimes. Replacing the body with steel is nice but I think the more important part is the end caps. What does everyone think?

disclaimer; I am not trying to be rude, I am just expressing my opinion on what I would like to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread