Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
Ok I have a few people messaging me about this so I'll post a few pictures here. Ariel already has a great thread about this and bunch of pictures of different possible adapters and how they work out. Full credit goes to Ariel_MX. I am simply relating what worked for me out of his suggestions with the stuff I purchased from CoV.

There are many combinations you can use if you don't have a GGTS Odysseus base and want to use a 510 connection. This also works with a Penelope and provides full air control.

The two adapters in use here are:

http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/8...eyword=901+510

http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/8...10-to-901.html

Full disclosure. I purchased the 901 to 510 somewhere else as CoV was out of stock a few weeks ago. However, it looks identical to the one they have here.

This is the result. Full air control and a flush 510 connection on the top of your cap for your penelope and other 510 connections.

Edit: Other things of note: The adjustable pin obviously sticks out further then when using an Ody base. With the Ody base it makes contact higher up so you would have a slightly shorter GGTS. The difference in length is approximately the thickness of the air control ring which I believe is 7mm. I can't guarantee that the CoV link I posted for the 901 to 510 is the same as the one in the picture. It LOOKS the exact same. I know other people are using it and I believe it's a standard piece. It should be the exact same.

Another thing of note is there is a way to get the pin more flush if you care about the length. Here is a link to Ariel's description with pictures. I haven't tried any of the other adapters. I don't know if air control works with them etc. I only know what I've tried personally.

http://ggwiki.et.com.mx/index.php/GG_adapters

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

brian272465

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
florida
But make note that if you use the eGO connector with no top cap, you loose the air control feature

No you don't the air control works great if your using a ody or a carto tank it sits flush making it almost air tight with the air control closed

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
How do you get the center pin all the way up to the top? If I push the center pin all the way up, and set the Pen on top, there is no way it's making contact.

You can't without an adapter. The adapter takes the center pin and then powers your penelope.

There are devices from GG that have special connectors for the GGTS. The Odysseus has an optional GGTS base that mates it directly with the GGTS. The UFS comes with the lower portion already on it and becomes one solid piece.

The penelope is really made for the proteus. However it works extremely well if you get the adapters. If you want a more flush centre pin(battery positive connection) then I have in my picture check out the ggwiki page for other adapters with different looks.

Ryd1ZZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
You can't without an adapter. The adapter takes the center pin and then powers your penelope.

There are devices from GG that have special connectors for the GGTS. The Odysseus has an optional GGTS base that mates it directly with the GGTS. The UFS comes with the lower portion already on it and becomes one solid piece.

The penelope is really made for the proteus. However it works extremely well if you get the adapters. If you want a more flush centre pin(battery positive connection) then I have in my picture check out the ggwiki page for other adapters with different looks.

Oh, wow. now I get it lol Gotta get some adapters asap.

Got-Ta-Go

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
OTP Atlanta, Georgia
Correction then.

If you're putting a Penelope on GGTS with eGO connector and no top cap, then you loose air control.

No you don't the air control works great if your using a ody or a carto tank it sits flush making it almost air tight with the air control closed

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
If I see any, anywhere, for a half decent price I'll just buy them up and send them to you guys.

I'm still a little peeved about our "professional" re-seller community. The day the GGTS's land in people's hands a bunch of them come up on the classifieds. Not really a big surprise.

I agree, flooded the "classy's" with $100 plus over retail for no reason, if its like some said -"they lost interest, why not sell it for what they got it? .

Pretty sad for the ones who been waiting to buy their first one ( to keep) and missed out .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread