ggts question on unboxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosring01

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
greensboro nc
Now I have looked, but do to time I can't look and look for hours to I find my answer. That being said I'd like to know what the unboxing of a ggts looks like. Everything I've seen looks like it comes with what I believe is the AVS, I'm not sure that it comes with it so I thought I'd ask. Does it come with just a 510 connection or does it in fact have the AVS. Thanks

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yep, all the tank systems are separate. What you see in the product pic is what you get. Well, you get the 510-901 rethreaders and those aren't pictured, but that's it.

If you plan to use 801 atomizers, the connector already has 801 threading as well as 510, but you'll need an 801 top cap. Fusion cartomizers don't require this, though, since they're the same tube diameter as a 510

Last edited:

Brandooth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
california
If you do, I highly recommend the GGTS base for the Ody. It makes for a nice solid connection and gives you full use of the air control when using it with Ody

Excuse me in advance for maybe being a bit of a noob, but I've been hearing about the GGTS base for the Ody, but for some reason cannot find it on the COV site. However, I did see in another thread, and just wanted to clarify, with the parts that COV will include with purchase of the GGTS, it is definitely possible to make a fully functioning connection between the Ody and the GGTS, correct?

t man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
vermont
Excuse me in advance for maybe being a bit of a noob, but I've been hearing about the GGTS base for the Ody, but for some reason cannot find it on the COV site. However, I did see in another thread, and just wanted to clarify, with the parts that COV will include with purchase of the GGTS, it is definitely possible to make a fully functioning connection between the Ody and the GGTS, correct?

Here is a link to the GGTS base for the ODY, it is out of stock at the moment.

New Odysseus Base-GGTS

Brandooth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
california
Ahh thanks for the help tman!

And chaos- I'm aware of the 501 connection but what I was referring to was the "rethreader" or other parts that comes in the package with the new GGTS because the regular Ody to GGTS supposedly won't completely work with the new top /airflow connection. Is a part going to come with the GGTS when purchased that will help attach an Ody (besides the new base sold separately)? Or will I have to go get some 501 extenders or something else until the new Ody GGTS base comes in stock?

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
To connect Ody with the standard 510 base, you'll either need to use a Stealth cap (separately purchased item) or stack a few adapters since the connector on the GGTS as you'll receive it is down inside the collector tank. If you don't care about having the air control, pretty much any combination will work. See here for a good walkthrough of possible adapter combinations, some that do and some that don't allow for air control: GG adapters - E-Cigarette Wiki

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Awesome, thanks so much for that killjoy, just the info I was looking for. Kinda hard to decifer what exactly I'd goin on in those wiki pictures, but I'm sure it'll be easier to understand with Ody in hand :)

All the pictures on that page show the same collection of parts. Each setup is titled with the adapters used, so to get the look of any particular picture just use the adapters called out. The loose adapters in the pics are the ones that weren't used in that particular setup.

Okay, that's not the clearest explanation, but I tried :p

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
More or less this is the process (from a PM I sent some days ago to blackwater)
-Made some editions to the text-

I bought the KR808D on COV, but it seems there are not currently in stock.

Heaven Gifts has them:

7252f4f6020998ec.jpg

I took a bunch of pictures:

donxg1.jpg

kpaie.jpg

Re-threader, 901-KR808D, 901-510:

-From bottom to top-
11mgtvl.jpg

-From left to right-
2v28jvc.jpg

901-KR808D Inside text (I think it is not visible on the pic, it says HG09010808):
34i60co.jpg

The assembly (re-threader, 901-808, 901-510):

First the re-threader (GGTS comes with two) 510 to 901:
168ih03.jpg

nl66fr.jpg

Then the 901 to KR808D adapter:
w1xts7.jpg

2v8rebo.jpg

Finally the 901 to 510 adapter:
ra2dlc.jpg

2ytwayp.jpg

2pq2kps.jpg

Brass top cap mounted:
ke6ihv.jpg

Stainless Steel top cap mounted: <-tinypic deleted this one, I do not know why :(

The connector pin is almost all way up (or down, depends of the point of veiw :) ):
vxdmf.jpg

901-808 and 901-510 together:
sq117l.jpg

Wiht iAtty:
5jw3v8.jpg

Brass top cap:
2ymvfx5.jpg

If you already have the re-threader and a 901-510 adapter, you can use that combination without the top cap (and without the KR808D adapter):
f1jc4x.jpg

iAtty:
11m56aw.jpg

Odysseus:
i5x2ed.jpg

Re-threader + 901-808 + 901-510 + stainless steel top cap + Odysseus:
1548unk.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread