Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Is the stainless GGTS going to come with a stainless connector for the UFS or possibly will one be made available to prevent wear issues with the nickel UFS bottom threads and for people with nickel allergies?

SS GGTS will have a steel connector lord.

UFS connector is different than GGTS connector.

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
I know the GGTS will have the steel connector which is why I was wondering about the UFS. I thought I read somewhere that the connector ring (I know the UFS is all stainless above the connector) on the UFS was nickel plated so as not to cause premature wear on the nickel plated threads of the original GGTS.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but that's why I was asking :) In any case it is a very nice system.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I'm actually looking at my Stainless UFS right now and the connector looks to be nickel plated. I too was wondering if you will have an stainless UFS connector? I would love for my GGTS UFS to be completely stainless. Great work on the GGTS and UFS must have been alot of sleepless nights.

sure sten. Sleep is something that I dont pay attention for many months now

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I know the GGTS will have the steel connector which is why I was wondering about the UFS. I thought I read somewhere that the connector ring (I know the UFS is all stainless above the connector) on the UFS was nickel plated so as not to cause premature wear on the nickel plated threads of the original GGTS.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but that's why I was asking :) In any case it is a very nice system.

lord, sorry but I didnt understand well your question. Can you repeat please?:)

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
I thought I read somewhere that the connector ring (I know the UFS is all stainless above the connector) on the UFS was nickel plated so as not to cause premature wear on the nickel plated threads of the original GGTS.

Lorederos, are you asking about the Control Ring (CR) maybe? That's the part which controls air flow.

Last edited:

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Imeo, he is asking: If the UFS is nickel plated where it connects to the GGTS. The reason, to prevent wear to the nickel on the older nickel plated aluminum GGTS. I also am interested in opinions of using an AVSv2 on a SSGGTS. I missed out on the UFS run, but have a GGTS w/ AVSv2. I am going to try like the dickens to get a SS GGTS... but won't be able to get a UFS for it for a while unless I get lucky in the classifieds. Is there an issue using aluminum AVS with a SS GGTS? Thanks!

PS: Bruce needs to get the pre-order going for SSGGTS, I am sure he knows how many are coming to USA!!! I am getting really tired of stalking. This is what happened to me on the UFS, and I got distracted with work and MISSED the opportunity to get an UFS because of it (travel) :(.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Imeo, he is asking: If the UFS is nickel plated where it connects to the GGTS. The reason, to prevent wear to the nickel on the older nickel plated aluminum GGTS. I also am interested in opinions of using an AVSv2 on a SSGGTS. I missed out on the UFS run, but have a GGTS w/ AVSv2. I am going to try like the dickens to get a SS GGTS... but won't be able to get a UFS for it for a while unless I get lucky in the classifieds. Is there an issue using aluminum AVS with a SS GGTS? Thanks!

PS: Bruce needs to get the pre-order going for SSGGTS, I am sure he knows how many are coming to USA!!! I am getting really tired of stalking. This is what happened to me on the UFS, and I got distracted with work and MISSED the opportunity to get an UFS because of it (travel) :(.

Hey JR, IMEO and Bruce, This is whats going to happen to me if I don't get a SS GGTS, I'm going to just probably have a fit, and pass out.

dspin-albums-dogs-picture37428-cat.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread