Giantomizer V2 Carto (CE2) by Royal Smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlew

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2012
WV, USA
jspcrepair.angelfire.com
I have only found a couple of threads on these and they are either closed or old so I am
starting a new one of my own.

The Giantomizer V2 Carto (CE2) by Royal Smokers is a nice looking piece of hardware.

RS_Gianto_V2_Carto_eGO_CE2.jpg

From what I have seen, the older version only had one window while these have 3 to
view the liquid that is left and to aid in filling.

These cartos can hold around 3ml to 3.5ml e-liquid and come in 2.6ohm and 2.8ohm and
are for 510 threading so they fit the eGo batteries nicely.

The mouthpiece is a "Flute" type tip made from a hard rubber so it has a nice soft feel in
the mouth.

To fill it, you remove the mouthpiece and in the top of the Silicon Gasket are the center
"Vapor" hole and on either side are smaller holes used to fill with a syringe.

Sili_Insert_1.jpg

These are sold by many vendors so there is no fault of the vendor if something is amiss,
which there seems to be a lot of...
With mine, I had the same problem as most have -

I filled it with about 2ml to 2.5ml liquid and waited for about 15 minutes to allow the wick to
soak good.
I took about 3 puffs and then got a nasty burnt dry taste, so I put it down and waited a
couple more minutes to let the wick re-soak.
I got about 2 more puffs and then the nasty taste again.

According to numerous online posts, this is due to the gasket being fit wrong to the wick.

It seems that the grooves on either side (not the fill holes) of the gasket where the wick
rests are too small and this inhibits the liquid flow... So....

Disclaimer -- Caution: Fragile parts. Do Not attempt this modification if you are not familiar with or comfortable with taking the item apart. This item contains a Ceramic Coil Head which can easily be cracked. This modification is for educational purposes only. I cannot and will not be held liable for any damage that may arise from use of this modification.

What I did to fix this was used a paper clip and bent 1/8th inch of one end at a 45 degree
angle and stuck it into one of the filler holes.
Working it gently, I pried up the side of the gasket and then moved to the other hole and
pried it the rest of the way out - and what do you know - they are right... the "Half-Holes"
in the gasket are too small and I guess fit quite tight on the wick.
Note: Be Very Careful as the top of the atomizer stem has a Ceramic Head/Bowl and
this can be chipped or cracked very easily!

Sili_Insert_2.jpg

Using an X-Acto modeling knife, I trimmed the edges of each hole to fit loose on the wick.

Sili_Insert_3.jpg

I lined up the holes with the top of the head and wick and gently pushed the gasket back
into the carto, pressing it down onto the head.

I filled it, moved it around only a minute or two this time and tried it...

WOW! What a cloud and No More Burnt taste! :)

I can hit is about 5 to 6 times now without having to wait...
The only problem is... Now it will allow more fluid to the wick and sometimes, I get a bubbling
and a little liquid under the mouthpiece so it can't be set down for long with this modding.

But... it works much better so that is good... I don't put it down for long anyway :banana:

All in All - 3 Stars for Capacity, vapor, and hit... but the design needs some improving on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread